corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kuro Black 200SX S14a

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kuro Black 200SX S14a
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jul 14 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you don't run out of fuel lol.

MX5 Project Thread
NathanR

1st Jul 14 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said it's not as obstructive as it looks, it's actually really easy to still see the fuel gauge and warning lights in the bottom right of the speedo
BeetleGav

1st Jul 14 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nathan's eyes are really far apart so he can see around it
flybikeslee

2nd Jul 14 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa_Sport21

2nd Jul 14 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it looks awesome with those wheels. Not your normal Rota Grid drifts etc.
NathanR

2nd Jul 14 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheeky bastards .

These wheels do look good but not with the current setup. I've seen them on others with skinnier less chunky tyres on and a decent colour they look mint. But mine look pants, can't wait to change them! Cheers though
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did that gasket with my mate on his one just before Germany. He put on a japspeed manifold, elbow and down pipe and they were an absolute pain in the backside to fit. Hope it goes well for you though

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Norcy91

4th Jul 14 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't suppose I can be cheeky and ask what you paid for this? (U2U if you'd prefer) I have a proper craving for an S14a at the moment and one with the same spec as yours and same condition is exactly what I'm after
NathanR

7th Jul 14 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll mainly be passing tools and assisting tbh Daz but it's all been off before so hopefully it goes alright! Did you're mate use the locking tabs on his??

Norcy91 I'll mail you mate
NathanR

26th Jul 14 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all . I've always hated the GTR wheels since I bought the car and seeing I'm heading to the weekender next month I wanted the car to at least look something like I wanted it to lol.

Always wanted Rotas for the Sbod being that there not to expensive and readily available in good sizes/fitments and colours! Luckily a Freind gets a good discount threw his work and a deal was made for a set of Grid Drifts in Matte Bronze.

2 x 18x9.5 et20 for the fronts
2x 18x10 et35 for the rears

I originally wanted a lower offset for the rear but there was abit of confusion along the way but I'm not massively fussed!

Tyres wise I've opted for Goodyear Eagle F1 Ansymetric 2s.

2 x 225/40/18 for the front
2x 235/40/18 for the rear

Managed to get them fitted today along with lowering the front a little more and tucking the loom in the drivers arch. Anyway here's some photos since I've had the wheels and from today .

I'm over the moon with the results such a massive improvement from before!! I'm still want to lower it more all round but I need an arch roller to roll the front arches and to flare the rears however I have my suspicions about the rear arches . A few good friends work in various body shops and each have said the rear arches have been fillered . But only time will tell. They need flaring so I can achieve the ride height I want so I'm still going ahead with it.

Cheers

Jon_C
Premium Member

26th Jul 14 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look awesome
BeetleGav

26th Jul 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads better! Them wheels were awful!!
They all seem to have rotten arches don't they
NathanR

26th Jul 14 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all .

Gav there not rotten at all, I've struggled to find any form of rust tbh. The rear arches have had the lip inside fully rolled over and if there is any filler on the arches a Freind thinks it because they cocked up with the arch roller as apposed to them being repaired dew to rust. But we will see what happens when I come to flaring them lol
BeetleGav

26th Jul 14 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh fairenough hopefully it's that
Either way I trust you will have a sorted beast!!
Ben G

26th Jul 14 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks incredible now
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Jul 14 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those wheels make a massive difference!
NathanR

27th Jul 14 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks all. Picking up the arch roller during the week ready for next weekend
ArdenblueDan

27th Jul 14 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks stunning dude
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

27th Jul 14 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put a magnet to them nath. You will be able to tell straight away what's filler and what's not . Looks top notch though man. Really does.
Haimsey
Premium Member

27th Jul 14 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks fantastic

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Nic Barnes

27th Jul 14 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice
SteveoBC
Premium Member

27th Jul 14 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much better, love rotas, if I didn't already have Prodrive wheels I would have a set on the scooby in a heartbeat
NathanR

14th Sep 14 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all . Thought it was about time I got an update up. Firstly I went to the weekender!! Only stayed the Saturday night but still had a brilliant time. Few pictures of mine Jays and Sean's parked once we arrived on the Saturday evening.

Had an excellent time and I'll Definately be attending next year .

I've been having boost issues for months now and after changing all the turbo gaskets and a brand new recirc valve it turned out to be the actuator lol! So the car now has a fresh set of turbo gaskets, a brand new H-Dev recirc valve and an adjustable HKS actuator. When I changed the actuator unfortunately it's thrown out the settings on the AVCR . So at the minute I'm just running a ball and spring type MBC and seems to be working pretty well!

When I had the manifold off I also took all the old heat wrap off as it looked hideous anyway and I didn't like it. I've also swapped out the generic Cusco catch tank hose for a nice peice of braided hose.

I'm now also running 15mm Hubccentric spacers on the rear now. So it's now 18 x 10 et20 on the rear, I've had to dial in a little bit more negative to try and stop it rubbing but it still catches slightly, so going to add a little more! Once I've rolled the front arches and got the ride height on the front how I want it I'll have it 4 wheel aligned, wich will hopefully be pretty soon .

Few pictures after a good clean today!

New HKS actuator

And H-Dev recirc

And the car as a whole .

And an up to date interior shot!

Cheers!!
ArdenblueDan

14th Sep 14 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great Nath
NathanR

14th Sep 14 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dan

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kuro Black 200SX S14a 24 database queries in 0.1951280 seconds