corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Sale by Tender

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sale by Tender
Graham88

User status: Offline
9th Mar 14 at 05:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically means you pay the estate agent fees which is £2000+ vat or 2% + vat, whichever is greater. In my case it's roughly £200,000 so that works out £4000 + vat. Which is fucking ridiculous tbh not sure why I should have to pay it. But the annoying thing is the fact you have to pay out of your pocket you can't seem to put it onto the mortgage. Is there a way around it?

[Edited on 09-03-2014 by Graham88]
AndyKent

9th Mar 14 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sale by tender doesn't automatically mean this is the case, just what has been agreed between agent and seller.

Only way round it is to decide what your offer would normally be, if you weren't paying fees, then deduct that.

Personally though, all this sealed bid crap is not appropriate for houses. Would imply some unusual problem with the house and why it can't be sold the conventional way.
Graham88

9th Mar 14 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be something Ward & Partners do with most of their homes.

Fair enough don't really understand it myself as it must put so many people off. Easy to deduct 5k off what you'd offer but it still means 5k out of pocket. Don't get why you wouldn't just swallow the fees as a seller
AndyKent

9th Mar 14 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's usually something more suited to farm and business sales, perhaps something the agent is more suited to?
baza31

9th Mar 14 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just another selling method which is generally better than auction .for eg they get two offers one at 180k and another at 195k , if that was auction and 1st bidders max was 180 bidder two would get it for 181 . It's doesn't mean the house is dodgy it's just different to the conventional way. As for 4k selling fees that's a joke .
Graham88

14th Mar 14 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
It's just another selling method which is generally better than auction .for eg they get two offers one at 180k and another at 195k , if that was auction and 1st bidders max was 180 bidder two would get it for 181 . It's doesn't mean the house is dodgy it's just different to the conventional way. As for 4k selling fees that's a joke .

Yeah I can understand that sort of bidding from a sellers point of view, it also stops a budding war aswell. It's the fees that are stupid like you say, still going to have another look at the place but offer 5k less based on the fees that need paid.
Marc

14th Mar 14 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went through all this and ultimately didn't go ahead with it. Reason being they wanted a £6000 holding fee, which included their legal fees but no survey would be done until after the sale was agreed.
JM_16v

17th Mar 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the area I was looking at its a real sellers market.

80% of the homes on the market are sale by tender.

It worked out £8,500 for me to buy in the region I was looking at.

Its an amazing monopolisation of the market as only one estate agent is doing it but they got on average 100.2% of the asking price in Jan 2014. And sellers can sell there properties for £150.

As a seller would you go down the traditional route if you offered that?

Consumers (Buyers) have no choice but to accept as the housing shortage stock is short in the area.
Graham88

23rd Mar 14 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically had a chat with Wards today and they explained this a bit better. Say I wanted a house but wanted to keep the cash to spend on the house, if I was going to offer 180k, I'd offer 185k and state I want the owner to pay the fees. So technically I'm paying extra but it means it's on the mortgage rather than needing £4500 cash before you've even spent anything on the house.

Still a bit bullshit having to pay them but it has it's bonus in the fact that you cannot be 'gazumped' and so unless surveys or checks fail there is no reason the sale will fall through, you cannot be knocked off your perch basically

I'd prefer not to do it but the house we like is sale by tender so it is what it is
Ben G

23rd Mar 14 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd prefer to do that to not have the worry about some billy big bollocks coming in and offering more.

Was a very stressful time from offer to exchange.
John

23rd Mar 14 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that was all declared properly, I'm not sure the mortgage people would want to be paying the fees as part of the mortgage.
Graham88

24th Mar 14 at 03:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I'd prefer to do that to not have the worry about some billy big bollocks coming in and offering more.

Was a very stressful time from offer to exchange.

That's what I'm thinking, it seems frustrating effectively paying more, but unless something goes wrong on my end then nobody else can do me over!
quote:
Originally posted by John
If that was all declared properly, I'm not sure the mortgage people would want to be paying the fees as part of the mortgage.

It's technically no different to how it's normally done anyway? The sellers usually pay fees out of whatever money they get from the sale. So it would be all 'declared' and above board.

New Poll