corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Two things

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Two things
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Oct 13 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly who would be to blame.

Was coming down my back road a road with just about enough room for two cars to pass. Someone was walking on my side of the road went to go past which meant me pulling out into the middle of the road, someone pulling out the junction opposite wasn't looking and almost pulled out into me. This got me thinking who would have been at fault. I know about the no overtaking past junctions practice, however this was people walking so I wasn't overtaking.

Secondly filled up at the station and noticed on the pump super unleaded had 14.98 as it's price per litre on its Lcd display. Obviously this was meant to read 149.8 there were no other prices on the forecourt as super wasn't displayed on the main hoarding, could I have demanded it at this price?

[Edited on 24-10-2013 by Steve]
John

24th Oct 13 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's your road you should know you are coming to the junction, why are you going around anyone at this point?

Did it say pence? Could they have charged you £14.98?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the alternative though stop in the road and sit and wait for them to walk away from the junction completely? would have been waiting for about 5 mins

Didn't say pence.

Gary
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Junction is their fault, we've been through this before and i'm pretty sure you made the thread!
Gary
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And i don't think you could get it for 14 pence either. They'd just claim it was a mistake and your hardly going to take them to court for false advertising are you?!
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Junction is their fault, we've been through this before and i'm pretty sure you made the thread!

Yep that was about a parked lorry though not walkers
Gary
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought the reason you are over taking would be irrelevant.
JonnyJ

24th Oct 13 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
What's the alternative though stop in the road and sit and wait for them to walk away from the junction completely? would have been waiting for about 5 mins

Didn't say pence.

I would say the amount of time you would lose would be irrelevant. Just guessing but im sure the HC doesnt say, dont overtake near a junction unless you are been severely inconvenienced. You should only ever move onto the otherside of the road if its legal and safe to do so (is what the rules would say)
John

24th Oct 13 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you know there is a junction there, you should be overtaking but at a slower speed and also watching for cars coming out, because you know they might not be able to see you.
Hammer

24th Oct 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The price displayed on the Petrol Station pump is an invitation to treat, not an offer.

They would have told you to STFU.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd invite them to remove the fuel I'd put into the car if they didn't want to honour the advertised price
John

24th Oct 13 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if they wanted to sell you it at £14 since there was no indication of units used?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd argue that the pricing everywhere else in the garage displayed pence.

If that didn't work I'd again invite them to remove the fuel out ofmy tank

pow
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd look at that and say £'s too!
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they'd be pretty fucked with the prospect of either having to sell it at that price or removing the fuel out my tank
Hammer

24th Oct 13 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd invite them to remove the fuel I'd put into the car if they didn't want to honour the advertised price

They would phone the police and you would get all jumpy and nervous before more than likely bursting into tears like a little girl and soiling your Thomas The Tank Y Front's.
Jambo

24th Oct 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their fault, there would have been give way markings on the junction for them and they went anyway.

BenC1985

24th Oct 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

They would phone the police and you would get all jumpy and nervous before more than likely bursting into tears like a little girl and soiling your Thomas The Tank Y Front's.

Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police wouldn't bother or side with the customer imo.

Think of it like this, you walk into a shop and try to buy something incorrectly marked up, they can either sell it u or refuse, in which case the item would be returned to the shelf. In this example the petrol returned to the pump.
Matt L

24th Oct 13 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Junction, I imagine would go 50/50 in that case, you were on the other side of the road, they werent looking, both at fault imo.

Petrol station, I imagine they would just refuse to sell it at that price however but as you say for the amount of effort it would take to get the petrol back out and depending on the fuss you made they would potentially do it for the price.
Hammer

24th Oct 13 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Think of it like this, you walk into a shop and try to buy something incorrectly marked up, they can either sell it u or refuse, in which case the item would be returned to the shelf. In this example the petrol returned to the pump.

Police would 100% side with the Petrol Station considering you are trying to be a cheeky cunt and act stupid ergo wasting their time.
djgritt
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You obviously wouldn't contest the 14.98 displayed price or you would have done so already and bragged about getting cheap fuel, instead of coming online and saying 'I'd do this, I'd do that...' blah blah.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

Police would 100% side with the Petrol Station considering you are trying to be a cheeky cunt and act stupid ergo wasting their time.

I dont think they would at all, what would they do arrest me for enforcing my rights

Force me to pay full price? nope its marked up at a set price cant do that.

All they could do is sell it me at that price or get the fuel back out my car.

Unless you can highlight where in sales law I am wrong about any of this then I shant listen to anymore of your Scottish drivel. Unforunately being a cheeky cunt doesn't forfeit all sales rights.

Gritt: correct i couldnt be arsed this morning to start kicking up a fuss about it, am still tempted to stop on my way back though probably wont though

John

24th Oct 13 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if I stuck a TV down my trousers and gave a shop 5p for it? Would they have to sell to me at 5p or get it out of my trousers?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they marked it up at 5p they would have to sell it or ask you to hand it back, handing it back is a reasonable request, asking you to burden the cost of extracting fuel from your car because of their mistake isnt,

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Two things 22 database queries in 0.0157628 seconds