corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Two things

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Two things
Ben G

User status: Offline
24th Oct 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thomas the tank y fronts
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 13 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Junction you'd have some negligence, but so would the guy pulling out.

Petrol - it has happened before -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-12939234

Although the payment is accepted without human intervention. I would guess if there's a human there they'd intercept the offer and withdraw it.

No clarification here either - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8103087/Tesco-blunder-as-station-sign-freezes-price-of-petrol.html
N16K

24th Oct 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
If they marked it up at 5p they would have to sell it or ask you to hand it back, handing it back is a reasonable request, asking you to burden the cost of extracting fuel from your car because of their mistake isnt,

Not true they can claim it is an obvious error that you knew about when you filled up. Legally it is contentious, but if you did not go and get verification on price before filling up your problem, you might have an argument if before you filled up you checked pricing on all pumps but I doubt anyone would. The Petrol Station is sadly legally in the right.

[Edited on 24-10-2013 by N16K]
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 13 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
The Petrol Station is sadly legally in the right.

So they'd force you to pay more?

I do think Steve raises an interesting point. Its already in your tank. What if it was mixed with poor quality or contaminated fuel? Would they still want it back?
N16K

24th Oct 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by N16K
The Petrol Station is sadly legally in the right.

So they'd force you to pay more?

I do think Steve raises an interesting point. Its already in your tank. What if it was mixed with poor quality or contaminated fuel? Would they still want it back?

I get your point. Sadly the fuel removed would be dumped and not reused.
The problem is the fact it was filled up knowing their was an obvious error, now that does not mean the station has has no obligation to the customer but the buyer would have to prove that it was on all pump stations or gone in and asked for price verification of their pump number, if that had been done thats what they fully legally would pay. At the end of the day the customer went to the station willing to pay full price.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 13 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why put the price on the pump? If it needs to be verified?
N16K

24th Oct 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
So why put the price on the pump? If it needs to be verified?

Not saying the pump price needs to be verified always. just pointing out what all Petrol Stations will say.
LCD malfunction will be claimed if just on one pump, Employee input error if on all pumps. No need to verify if it seems normal but such a variation in price would be deemed "not normal".

Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 13 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which unless all of that has any basis in law, you can dispute it.

I know they'd say it, and I know a lot of people who give in instead of making a fuss, but I do think he has a point.
Ben G

24th Oct 13 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if it was a pay at pump station and the price on the pump was incorrect?
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 13 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what happened in that article I linked, transactions went through.
N16K

24th Oct 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He does have a valid point, but it is like the forecourt car that is for sale at £11,950 and the first 1 fell of. meaning £-1,950. Errors and mistakes happen.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 13 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you've not yet accepted the car - not the same.
N16K

24th Oct 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
But you've not yet accepted the car - not the same.

yes it is, you would accept the cars pricing as a legiitimate mistake and not expect it to be sold at the incorrect price.

So the same stands about fuel no one asked you to put it in your car "you" would have chosen to without price verification, when you knew it was wrongly priced, fuel is not 15p. thats all I am saying.

Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 13 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its totally not the same.
N16K

24th Oct 13 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Its totally not the same.

Im just saying that is what the Petrol Station will be say and do, not saying it is right.

but on side note after many years on this site having interaction with the owner
alan-g-w

24th Oct 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see where Steve's coming from, petrol is one of these pretty unique things where you get the product before paying. That being said, unless you were a one of these people who are just meddlesome cunts out to prove people wrong for kicks or a complete and utter sticking your hand in the blender because it's itchy retard you wouldn't put the poor bastards through any sort of legal shit.
Hammer

24th Oct 13 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I do think Steve raises an interesting point.

I don't, they are within their rights to phone the Police if you don't pay for the petrol you have taken. It will be within their conditions of sale.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be refusing to pay for it, they would be refusing to sell it at the marked price.
Seany

26th Oct 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same sort of thing happened to a boy at work at the start of the year except it was an old couple in a broken down car with hazards on. He went to overtake safely and a car pulled out from a farm track opposite. It was decided that the other car was at fault as they were joining a road and never took due care.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 13 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I don't, they are within their rights to phone the Police if you don't pay for the petrol you have taken. It will be within their conditions of sale.

But you're not stealing it - you're paying the advertised price.

Conditions of sale don't overrule the law. Hence why I'm curious about the law. All this invitation to treat tender contract stuff doesn't work if you can't cancel the sale because you've mixed the fuel with the rest of your tank or is a faff to drain it out.

Sure its also law that the price must be on each pump - why if you should assume the higher price is correct. Can't see petrol stations voluntarily having multiple redundant signs.
M2RTY

27th Oct 13 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Petrol is consumed when it enters the cars tank just the same as a meal is consumed when it goes in your belly

And the guy pulling out the junction is in the wrong, i had the exact same thing happen on my trailer driving test in june...and passed fine

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Two things 23 database queries in 0.0125270 seconds