corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C turbo conversion - fuel system question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C turbo conversion - fuel system question
xr3tf

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 13 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We embarked on doing a low pressure turbo conversion on a Corsa C 1.4

All is pretty much done, bar two very specific things.

We are running a bypass regulator in the engine bay as opposed to the one in the tank. There is no return line for fuel on the standard setup, and we are adding a return line back to the tank. There is a Y-piece near the tank just after the fuel filter with one pipe going back to the tank, one going to the fuel filter and one to the front of the car. When looking at various threads dealing with the fuel line mods, people refer to removing the Y-piece and plumbing the return line into the pipe going back to the tank, but these threads are not very specific.

What is the purpose of the pipe returning to the tank and is it restricted? Also, these are of the hard plastic variety - how do you safely plumb into these?

Another question relates to the MAP sensor - can the standard sensor produce output signal for both vacuum and boost, and if so in what range?

[Edited on 22-12-2013 by xr3tf]
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Dec 13 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is from my LET build.

So I did a few little random jobs today.

I fitted my Walbro fuel pump.

These engines have the fuel reg in the tank, so you need to plumb in a return line from the engine.

The return comes off this Y.
This it removed. the supply hose is just about long enough if you move the filter forward.

I cut off the Y and used a 8mm push fit joiner, and ran return to the front of the car, from my old Astra

[Edited on 22-12-2013 by corsadonk]
xr3tf

22nd Dec 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent! Thanks very much for the info and detailed pictures.

New Poll