corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE Into Corsa Sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Into Corsa Sport
rustwagon

User status: Offline
16th Apr 06 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello,

Applogies for a much asked question but whenever i search i can never find the full details of the conversion.

I assume you need the following things.

Mount Kit
Ecotec Pipe conversion, or Powercap (for clearance?)
Modification to the exhaust system on the XE to mate with the corsa system.
Bigger Brakes
Uprated Suspension.

My question is, what is entailed in the Driveshaft side of things on the corsa conversion?

Only reason i ask is i have to do a head gasket change on my corsa sport but have an xe sitting in my garage with loom etc.

Thanks in advance of any replys.

Rob
FozzyGSI

16th Apr 06 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lmfvauxhall.com/prodCatalog/default.aspx?deptId=121&deptIndex=7
Adam-D

16th Apr 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

click the link in my sig i have a few of them parts for sale
rallyman

17th Apr 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your after new conversion parts then give me a shout as im far cheaper than LMF. Have mounts, shafts, hubs, pas brackets, ecotec pipe adaptor plates and kits plus much more mate.

Chris
rustwagon

17th Apr 06 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So no advice just a bunch of people trying to cash in.

lol
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

17th Apr 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, why are you asking about doing a conversion if you cant afford it?
rustwagon

18th Apr 06 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At what point did i say i couldnt afford it? It would be a longer process than just a bulk buy anyways.

I asked for advice not parts to be stuffed in my face that doesnt help me does it? I can look on here or ebay for conversion help.

Would of been nice of people to say what are the cheap/not cheap ways of doing things not just trying to cash in.
rallyman

18th Apr 06 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not trying to simply cash in mate, thats why my conversion kits are of excellent quality and probably the cheapest on he market.

Depending on your model of corsa there are 2 types of mount kit, £55 or £90.
If your vehicle doesnt have PAS or a multi valve engine then the cheaper kit is what you need!

As for brakes 2.0 front brakes are a minimum recommended upgrade, rear discs are optional but not necessary.

Using a ecotec adaptor plate and pipe is the cheapest/easiest option as it doesnt require cutting/bending of the bulkhead.
Plate is £35 on its own or i do a kit for £65 with new pipe e.t.c.

the exhaust will have to be welded when the installation is in place, just a case of cutting either the maifold or system to meet up and reweld.

Suspension is really down to the size of your wallet and what you would be happy with mate.

With the drive shafts the easiest option is to use 22 spline corsa gsi shafts, with standard outer cv joints and mk2 1.6 cavalier inner joints, im sure someone can quote a part number of these, cant remember it at the moment.

Hope this all helps.

Regards

Money grabber lol

[Edited on 18-04-2006 by rallyman]
mitch2

18th Apr 06 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rustywagon. The info you need all depends on what your intentions are. Are you a competant mechanic. If so, you can make the drivers side engine mount yourself.
Regarding the driveshafts. Cheapest option is using corsa GSI shafts and outer CV joints and inner CV joints from a mk2 1.6 cav. Or you could get the 2ltr conversion hubs and get the 2 ltr disveshafts machined to work or just buy the 2 ltr corsa driveshafts.
Rileysport

18th Apr 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rallyman
Im not trying to simply cash in mate, thats why my conversion kits are of excellent quality and probably the cheapest on he market.

Depending on your model of corsa there are 2 types of mount kit, £55 or £90.
If your vehicle doesnt have PAS or a multi valve engine then the cheaper kit is what you need!

As for brakes 2.0 front brakes are a minimum recommended upgrade, rear discs are optional but not necessary.

Using a ecotec adaptor plate and pipe is the cheapest/easiest option as it doesnt require cutting/bending of the bulkhead.
Plate is £35 on its own or i do a kit for £65 with new pipe e.t.c.

the exhaust will have to be welded when the installation is in place, just a case of cutting either the maifold or system to meet up and reweld.

Suspension is really down to the size of your wallet and what you would be happy with mate.

With the drive shafts the easiest option is to use 22 spline corsa gsi shafts, with standard outer cv joints and mk2 1.6 cavalier inner joints, im sure someone can quote a part number of these, cant remember it at the moment.

Hope this all helps.

Regards

Money grabber lol

[Edited on 18-04-2006 by rallyman]

Inner CVs are Unipart TDL3051
rustwagon

18th Apr 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris, thanks for the help mate wasnt having a dig at your prices i saw them on ebay and did consider them.

Id basically be just building it to sell it though which seems pointless although sounds quite fun.

Using corsa gsi shafts, i already have 2.0 brakes in the garage, using low spec front suspension i think it would look to cost about £400?

Rob
rallyman

18th Apr 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats no problem mate, glad i was of some help.

Chris

New Poll