corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.5Dto1.5TD and filters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.5Dto1.5TD and filters
McAoTrSa

User status: Offline
   19th Jan 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Text Black
hey peeps,
just a few questions-firstly i have a fully kitted 1.5d corsa and managed to pick up a turbo and fuel pump off a 1.5td, basically will it work on my car or am i going to need more stuff(different air inlet manifold?) also will a induction kit/air filter make any difference to my car now or after conversion and can i get a dump valve 4 it if everything does work?
Many thanks
Matty
Kris TD

19th Jan 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to do the conversion you need:
1. turbo and exhaust manifold
2. turbo hoses
3. turbo fuel pump
4. turbo inlet manifold
5. glow plugs
6. turbo cam (maybe)
you also need to bin the egr system on the 1.5 d

its still a crap conversion really, guy on here has done it, we both have modified our engines in the same way except his only made 78 bhp whereas mine made 99 bhp. you are better off buying a 1.5 td or 1.7 td engine, you will be able to pick one up for about 200 quid as its a easy conversion, will only take a few hours.
Kris TD

19th Jan 04 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as for an induction kit, place it as in my pic
http://groups.msn.com/krispringle/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=40

it will make not much difference in non turbo form, but place it where i have when the turbo is on and it really makes a difference, sounds quality too, so much whistle.

[Edited on 19-01-2004 by Kris TD]

New Poll