corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa/ saab turbo conversion whats need

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa/ saab turbo conversion whats need
valyboi

User status: Offline
20th Nov 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello guys after my old corsa b blew up on me iv wonted a new corsa for a long time instead of my daily audi a3 so iv just bought myself a lovely looking corsa gsi with a f**ked engine my plans are to fit a saab turbo engine out of a old 9-3 connvertible that was my dads old car we both going to do the ocnversion together so basically all i need to know if iv got the engine iv got the car what do i need all together,

what type gearbox
what engine mounts ect are they the same mounts as whats on the normal c20xe engine or are they totally diffrent mountings

what loom??
any magor things i need to know
ect ect ect

thanks guys
jonnyken

20th Nov 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked into this. use a b204 (one with red cover on top) f20 and its same mounts as redtop. get it out of an 93 or 900. 9000 is different mounts and accessories (alternator etc)

wiring there is a boy that does adapters, makes them more or less plug n play. he sells them on here http://www.saabconversions.com
gazza808

20th Nov 13 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not the same mounts as a c20xe conversion at all.
monkeytwizzel

21st Nov 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put b204l corsa saab or astra saab in to the net as there has been enough done now to get all tha info that you will require.
andyc1234

22nd Nov 13 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got 2 saab corsas. Its pretty easy do as said use f20 and c20xe mounts and shafts only difference is drivers side mount needs fabricating as its different. F20s dont last long though we gone for f23 box now but its a lot of work.
ash_hart

6th Aug 14 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
We got 2 saab corsas. Its pretty easy do as said use f20 and c20xe mounts and shafts only difference is drivers side mount needs fabricating as its different. F20s dont last long though we gone for f23 box now but its a lot of work.

Any more info on the fabication side and how you wired it in.
Did you have to cut the chassis to get it in?
jonnyken

16th Aug 14 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a fella does wiring adapters nearly makes the plug n play which is handy. Im going to be fitting mine here very soon ill take some pics of the work needed. Using an f20 for now.
There is someone else that makes the driver side mount im trying to get a name atm

New Poll