corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20LET Into a 1.0 12V Corsa B (Have you ever seen this?)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET Into a 1.0 12V Corsa B (Have you ever seen this?)
C2VXL

User status: Offline
19th Nov 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

Really hoping someone can help me here.

I'm trying to wire up my C20LET engine into a 1.0 12v Corsa B as per the tutorials online, however my wiring and relays appear to be different.

My wiring loom wires are :-

Red/Blue Thin
Red/Blue Thin
Red/Blue Slightly Thicker
Brown/Red
Green
Red
Black/Brown
Blue/Brown
Brown/White
Black (have left this in the engine bay)

The tutorial pictures show two purple relays in behind the glovebox, mine has one purple relay and one blue relay. The wires to each are as :-

Purple Relay (Fuel Pump Relay I think) 90565944

Red/Blue (Thick)
Red (Thick)
Black/Brown (Thin)
Red (Thin)

Blue Relay (Googled relay number, it appears to be for the fog light??) 0332019452

2x Black/Blue
1x Black/Blue
1x Brown
2x Grey/Yellow
1x Grey Yellow

If someone can point in the right direction or even better tell me what to do I would really appreciate it. I have searched and searched but all links seem to be to the same tutorials.

Cheers guys.

Mr-SEH

19th Nov 13 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this issue with my old 1.0 in the end I ran a wire from fuel pump to engine loom with a inline fuse just in case never popped mind, but it wored faultless for over 2 years
C2VXL

19th Nov 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It states on the tutorial that it's the other relay that I need to bypass. I only have the one purple relay. Do I just bypass this one?
davegreen
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same on my corsa b. found that the pump relay was live switched (small blue/red wire) where as the ecu for the new engine was earth switched (small brown/red wire)
as a rule on Vauxhalls brown wires are earth, red trace is earth switched.
blue wires with a red trace are ecu live switched
and black wires with a trace are switched by ignition or another switch after ignition.
C2VXL

19th Nov 13 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Dave did you just completely bypass the Corsa fuel pump relay and just used the LET relay?
C2VXL

19th Nov 13 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact my fuel pump relay doesn't even have a small blue/red wire. The switch wires are coloured red and black/brown.
C2VXL

19th Nov 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm assuming it's the fuel ump relay that i'm looking at??
Aidan-Fleming

20th Nov 13 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what I did.

C2VXL

20th Nov 13 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aidan - that relay has different wiring to mine. You have the two blue/red wires that need bridging. My wires are black/brown and red.
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Nov 13 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2VXL
So Dave did you just completely bypass the Corsa fuel pump relay and just used the LET relay?

no just swaped the earth and live wires so it wored from the output from the new engines ecu. running stand alone ecu now so just the corsa's relay which is where yours is along with 3 others, one was the cooling fan one doesn't seem to do anything? and cant remember what the last one did?
Aidan-Fleming

21st Nov 13 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weird! That's a 1.0 12v
C2VXL

21st Nov 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is mate. I found the fuel pump relay in the main fuse box. It's a X plate 1.0 12v so wondering if it's anything to do with being one of the last made.

New Poll