corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Pensions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pensions
John

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does this new auto enrol one work? What's the minimum the employer has to put in?
belton

24th Nov 13 at 02:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto enrollment - from 2013 companies have been legally obliged to place all 'eligible' workers (over 21 earning over 9440) into a workplace pension scheme.
AE started in 2013 with the largest employers (20000+ population or something) putting the schemes in place. Dependent on the size of the companies population will determine their 'staging' date, largest starting 2013 with the finish date, so all companies on board by 2018.
At the moment employer/employee contributions are fixed at 1:1, so you contribute 1% as do they. By 2018 it will be increased to 5:3
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Nov 13 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been putting off joining the work pension for years now. Keep saying "next payrise I'll do it" but just end up with a car instead

Auto-enrolled this month so shall ride it out, need to read all my booklets though - no idea what the company is contributing, but I think mine is about 4%.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Robbo

25th Nov 13 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Doubt it... Will be reet
yes, it was a sarcy comment referring back to paul's dystopian vision of pensions in the future
Robbo

25th Nov 13 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
Auto enrollment - from 2013 companies have been legally obliged to place all 'eligible' workers (over 21 earning over 9440) into a workplace pension scheme.
AE started in 2013 with the largest employers (20000+ population or something) putting the schemes in place. Dependent on the size of the companies population will determine their 'staging' date, largest starting 2013 with the finish date, so all companies on board by 2018.
At the moment employer/employee contributions are fixed at 1:1, so you contribute 1% as do they. By 2018 it will be increased to 5:3
its about time. be nice if we younger people could get a breka on our NI though givne that we will get sod all state pension :/
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont have a pension, should I have one?
Robbo

25th Nov 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.
Robbo

25th Nov 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assuming you dont have rental properties (which i dont think you do?) or other securities (such as a BluKoo style portfolio) then you will need somehting to pay into that can accumulate and grow without you touching it
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Willay will bump off his parents and live in a the barn. no pension needed.
taylorboosh

25th Nov 13 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Doubt it... Will be reet
yes, it was a sarcy comment referring back to paul's dystopian vision of pensions in the future

I know
belton

27th Nov 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay

your employer now legally has to put you in one as i explained above, so only a matter of time!
RichR
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 4 x flats, 2.5acres of land and a barn - my pension plan is to at least double that over the next 10 years; that means that realistically all property will be mortgage free by retirement and I'll effectively bring in a similar amount to my current earnings.
Russ

27th Nov 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
quote:
Originally posted by willay

your employer now legally has to put you in one as i explained above, so only a matter of time!
even if its his mam

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll