corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Astra 1.6 8v (51 plate) low on power please please help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra 1.6 8v (51 plate) low on power please please help
GteRedtop

User status: Offline
1st Sep 13 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please somebody shed some light on the issue I have. on the dashboard of my astra I have a symbol of a orange car with a spanner through the middle, initially I thought it would be immobiliser or egr valve, but as the car runs and ticks over and have now cleaned the egr valve ive established its not that, I plugged the car in and its coming up with fault code p0230 fuel pump primary circuit, so i changed the fuel filter and still no joy. Ive done some research and the finger is being pointed at the fuel relay which I havnt checked yet. But I have ordered one and will be with me shortly. if it is not the relay what else could it be? thankyou
johnhara1

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 13 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this on a Zafira. But it would cut out when the car got upto temp. Fault was with ECU apparently.

I disconnected the earth from the fuel pump relay, then took the earth from the redundant brown plug (in same bay as fuel pump relay) and put that to the fuel pump relay.

Problem solved. It ran perfect.

New Poll