corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 2007 1.4 Clutch Problems!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 2007 1.4 Clutch Problems!
tonyuk1974

User status: Offline
27th Aug 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I have just changed an engine in a 2007 1.4 corsa club, the engine if fine but the car wont go into gear, (it does when the engine is off ) I thought initially it was the concentric slave cylinder so have changed that but it still wont go into gear.
The pressure plate is dead flat though, Im sure they are supposed to bow outwards slightly? We did put the clutch plate in backwards to start off with but changed it the right way before putting it on the gearbox. Is there a particular way the pressure plate goes on to the flywheel, is the pressure plate or clutch plate broken or have I put the flywheel on the wrong way maybe. Please help as this has been doing my head in for about 2 weeks now. Those concentric slave cylinders are a ba***rd to change. Wont be doing that again EVER. But will quite happily take gearbox out if need be.
Oh I have bled the clutch and can hear some movement inside the gearbox when the clutched is pressed inside the car.
Many thanks everyone
tonyuk1974

28th Aug 13 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone???
corsadonk
Premium Member

28th Aug 13 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you alined the linkage? Not a clue if it's a rod on cables on them, but you'll most likely need to set it up again.
tonyuk1974

2nd Sep 13 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes all the rods are fine, its something to do with the pressure plate not bowing out im sure. Anyone know why this would happen. Ive ordered a new clutch kit with flywheel just to be on the safe side but don't want this to happen when I put the new one on. Any idea how I can prevent it? Thanks peeps
tonyuk1974

15th Sep 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, thought I would update just incase other people are having the same problem. There are Two different gearbox types for this engine and consequently, 2 different clutch kits. The clutch which I originally used came from the original engine but did not work. The problem turned out to be the pressure plate so I bought another clutch kit only to find the clutch plate would not go over the gearbox shaft as it was too small a hole. I then took it all back off again and used its original flywheel and clutch plate with the new slightly different pressure plate and hey presto! Ive got a really good clutch, no leaks no noise. Just a perfect running clutch. I have since found out that All I needed to do was bend the pressure plate prongs out slightly and that would have solve the problem. Bottom line is, if after changing an engine on one of these you cant get a clutch and you know the csc is working, its your pressure plate prongs need bending out a bit. 30 minute job . Hope this helps some people

New Poll