corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clutch problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clutch problems
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jul 06 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having problems getting into gear - reverse, 1st and 2nd doesnt always play up but driving round town is a ball ache, i know its going espically as biting point is on the floor, is it the whole clutch or just a new cable that needs replacing and what sort of price for a standard clutch, oh its a 2000 1.4 sport!! Cheers
manchester-lad

12th Jul 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if clutch is near floor av u tryed adjustin clutch cable
Mistamist

12th Jul 06 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the clutch isnt disengaging properly, adjust the clutch cable by turning the bolt on the release arm on the gearbox itself.
corsa.v6

12th Jul 06 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

J100RSA

12th Jul 06 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look pal some 1 is asking for genuine help if youve got nothing better to say shut the fuk up!
Reedy

13th Jul 06 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
look pal some 1 is asking for genuine help if youve got nothing better to say shut the fuk up!

too right
bieransri

13th Jul 06 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doubt this has any relevance but we do loads of gear linkage assembleys on corsa c's. symptoms are difficult to engage reverse 1 and second.
Reedy

13th Jul 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bieransri
doubt this has any relevance but we do loads of gear linkage assembleys on corsa c's. symptoms are difficult to engage reverse 1 and second.

The old corsa b's it used to be difficulty getting into reverse. I didnt think there was aproblem with the corsa c's but obviously its a similar problem.
Toby
Premium Member

13th Jul 06 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M15T XE
the clutch isnt disengaging properly, adjust the clutch cable by turning the bolt on the release arm on the gearbox itself.

a mate said he just needed a new cable dint understand what he meant, clutch is on floor where bouts is the adjuster (im guessing its a bolt) on gearbox any one post a pic muchops appreciated!! Cheers
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Jul 06 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get somebody to push the clutch in and out and youl see the bit moving that you want to adjust

Kind of like an arm that holds the cable by a square bolt and a cradle type thing.
simply pull the cable forwards so the square bolt is no longer in the cradle and screw the bolt further down the thread.

Job done

You should see it moving but incase your stuck its under the right hand side of the main enginge block behind the dip stick.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Toby
Premium Member

13th Jul 06 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and the tighter i i have it the stiffer the clutch??
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Jul 06 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope just effects the height of the "biting point"

once the biting point is raised the clutch will be completly disengaged and the gears should be easy to select and not crunchy.

Toby
Premium Member

14th Jul 06 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate fixed it yesterday just like to say cheers for all the help and advice!! No more grinding for me yipee
gavin18787
Premium Member

14th Jul 06 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one

although if its like mine it will have readjusted itself in a couple of months

Toby
Premium Member

14th Jul 06 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah now i know how to fix it im good, looked on swervice sheet and they replaced the cable when i bought it so its just strech thank fuck!! Cheers thou

New Poll