corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fukushima Getting Worse.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fukushima Getting Worse.
Tiger

User status: Offline
14th Aug 13 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this is because John's like a straight laced politician who wears his trousers with the crease ironed in and his collar starched. Always walking exactly between the lines.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Aug 13 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Its amazing really, that despite this being "the worst natural disaster that has ever happened" big news firms, such as the BBC, havent decided to run with this massive news, at all.

Thats quite easy, the BBC will only report confirmed news, and if you have followed what has been happening in Japan you might have noticed the Government have not been so willing to publish information on the true extent of the disaster, in fact they are publishing a lot of 'everything is fine, please move on' type of messages since the start.

imo tbh ofc
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Aug 13 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe this happened over 2 years ago, doesn't feel that long.
Ian W

14th Aug 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Japan might get the worlds first superhero
Balling
Premium Member

14th Aug 13 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
His special ability will be that his entrails are on the outside and he's allergic to oxygen.

John

14th Aug 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Do you believe everything that even supposedly 'legitimate' publications read John?

I only believe what I can evaluate to have a fair probability of being legitimate. If I don't know enough about the subject and can't find an unbiased source of authority online then I'd remain sceptical. I'd have more faith in a larger news organization than www.abductedbyaliens.tv though.

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
How do threads like this start well but quickly end up being about members bickering about some totally unimportant shite.

Thats how he does things in HIS life - and why does it matter if you guys dont like it...it doesnt fucking matter!

It's a thread about an article, posted on a public discussion forum. The article is completely nuts so the thread has gone exactly as would be expected. 'HIS' life, his opinion etc are all terrible arguments. Your opinion can still be wrong if you've made it up.

quote:
All this is because John's like a straight laced politician who wears his trousers with the crease ironed in and his collar starched. Always walking exactly between the lines.

Try joggies and a dirty t-shirt and you'd be closer to the mark. Straight laced couldn't be further from the truth.
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Aug 13 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
His special ability will be that his entrails are on the outside and he's allergic to oxygen.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Tiger

14th Aug 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if your evaluations are wildly wrong? You yourself may agree with what you say but others may find them self biased toward your own beliefs to strengthen a discussion others have no idea about yet contribute anyway.
Tiger

14th Aug 13 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like you John, regardless of you being an argumentative cunt at least you can have a decent discussion without losing your temper and rage quitting!
micra_pete
Premium Member

14th Aug 13 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23602362

"Contaminated water may have been leaking from the plant into the sea ever since the 2011 nuclear disaster, an official at Japan's energy ministry said."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23578859

"Tepco admitted for the first time last month that radioactive groundwater had breached an underground barrier and been leaking into the sea, but said it was taking steps to prevent it."

Why would our governments be spying on us all? You must be one of those wacko conspiracy theorist.
John

14th Aug 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What if your evaluations are wildly wrong? You yourself may agree with what you say but others may find them self biased toward your own beliefs to strengthen a discussion others have no idea about yet contribute anyway.

I could definitely still be wrong and probably am biased towards loads of things. Sometimes I'll manage to counteract that, other's I'll probably just go with what I think anyway.
Dom

14th Aug 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Japan’s apocalypse continues. Emergency conditions persist. No end in sight looms. Fukushima’s radioactive discharges can’t be stopped. They continue. They’re uncontainable.

At issue is by far the worst environmental disaster in history. It’s multiples worse than Chernobyl. It’s an unprecedented catastrophe. It’s reason enough to abolish nuclear power.

I got as far as this and thought "yes, this is definitely going to be a totally unbiased article full of 100% facts"

Yup, that's as far as i got

Nuclear power is a good form of energy, it's just the current (there's a group of MIT students that have come up with a better solution) fail-safes that are inadequate.
Balling
Premium Member

14th Aug 13 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not even as concerned about the (missing) facts in that "article" as I am about the doomsday prophecy tone in which it's written.

The "we're all going to die and there's nothing you can do" approach is usually reserved for religious nutjobs.

Ben G

14th Aug 13 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
How do threads like this start well but quickly end up being about members bickering about some totally unimportant shite.

Thats how he does things in HIS life - and why does it matter if you guys dont like it...it doesnt fucking matter!

Jambo

14th Aug 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't beat a smattering of nuclear hysteria
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 13 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't anywhere mention I believe it

Apart from here

quote:
Looks like it could be a far worse catastrophe them anyone could have anticipated.

I don't believe it - for that reason I'd say something like 'looks like someone wants to sell papers by making wild unverified claims of worldwide catastrophe'.

It would then be clear to the read that I didn't believe it.

Did you not think it sounded like someone reading lots of headlines one after each other?
Tiger

14th Aug 13 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be easy to assume that, based on my comment, I believed the story, but I have no opinion either way. I don't know enough about nuclear leakage, I was merely relaying the gist of the article in comment.
Hammer

15th Aug 13 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates thyroids are fine, panic over.
sc0ott

15th Aug 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read it as fuck you shima
JordyCarter

15th Aug 13 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont even get it
GB123
Premium Member

15th Aug 13 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
i dont even get it

Too much weed
Tiger

15th Aug 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
i dont even get it

Not much to get really, we're all doomed in summary.
sc0ott

15th Aug 13 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if he was replying to my comment or the thread.
SVM 286

15th Aug 13 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Japan’s apocalypse continues. Emergency conditions persist. No end in sight looms. Fukushima’s radioactive discharges can’t be stopped. They continue. They’re uncontainable.

At issue is by far the worst environmental disaster in history. It’s multiples worse than Chernobyl. It’s an unprecedented catastrophe. It’s reason enough to abolish nuclear power.

I got as far as this and thought "yes, this is definitely going to be a totally unbiased article full of 100% facts"

Definitely written by a five year old, Jonny.
SVM 286

15th Aug 13 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
If you don't like radiation...

Get out of the X-Ray department?...

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fukushima Getting Worse. 23 database queries in 0.1067619 seconds