corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "Oww my neck" - Milking the insurance company

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "Oww my neck" - Milking the insurance company
Ben G

User status: Offline
27th Jul 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the hell did you manage to drop a vending machine on a car? I have loony tunes style animations in my head
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walking it along on a pallet truck, fresh tarmac and a sunny day made it look like it was all level and smooth, it wasn't. There was a dropped kerb, I hit the slope down to it at 90 degrees, the machine tilted and was that top heavy it just didn't stop until it landed on the guy's boot lid. I tried to stop it as soon as I felt it tilt but the weight knocked me to the floor too.
ChazSXi

27th Jul 13 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Thing that pisses me off about these claims, for example, some bint at work got rear ended and although I wasn't there I still believe to this day it was still her fault she is also a hesitant driver. She got a pay out of £3200, Her back was in "pain along with her neck", she milked it for every penny, hardly any damage done to her fiat 500, and doesn't help her husband is a fucking copper.

Now my mate got jumped in town one night thinks he walked in on a drug deal as he only wanted to go for a piss, about 4 of them beat the crap out of him and broke his jaw. Was of work for cuple of months and needed metal plates, and he only got a pay out of £1800. How the fuck is this fair???

[Edited on 27-07-2013 by nathy_87]

The old lady would have got an insurance claim...

Your mate would have done a CICA claim....

pow
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter what kind of claim it is, it's all wrong that someonewo had to have a metal plate in his jaw and lots of time off work got less money than a genuine accident that she probably didn't have any injury for.
ChazSXi

27th Jul 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Doesn't matter what kind of claim it is, it's all wrong that someonewo had to have a metal plate in his jaw and lots of time off work got less money than a genuine accident that she probably didn't have any injury for.

Well actually yes it is entirely dependant upon the type of claim, being a solicitor I appreciate the undervaluation of a CICA claim. unless the lad could have sued the perpetrators he is relying on a government pot generally guided by the JSB guidelines. CICA claims predominantly compensate for the injury and a nominal value for loss etc

The old lady most Likely pursued a high value insurance company whom are open to negotiation and will often consider a decent schedule of specials if properly evidenced and quantified.
John

27th Jul 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ambulance chasers with no morals are a massive part of the problem, eh Chaz.
ChazSXi

27th Jul 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Ambulance chasers with no morals are a massive part of the problem, eh Chaz.

I primarily deal with catastrophic injuries and child abuse claims so yes I agree
micra_pete
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
My missus got rear ended

damage was seemingly minor,

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "Oww my neck" - Milking the insurance company 22 database queries in 0.0133538 seconds