corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "Oww my neck" - Milking the insurance company

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "Oww my neck" - Milking the insurance company
Nath

User status: Offline
26th Jul 13 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I must be the only cunt that's never made some bullshit claim

was in a taxi that got tapped, literally tapped. Gave the taxi driver my details as a witness, and before I know it I'm getting injury people calling me up. Not interested.
Generation

26th Jul 13 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had loads of calls, didn't claim as wasn't hurt.

Understand why people do
Though tbh
pow
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
If they're anything like our g4s secueity guards then they'll either be female or 6 stone anorexic men.

I've been hit from behind twice. First time a middle aged woman went into the back of me, I was doing about 10mph. Damaged a muscle in my back.

2nd time was a year later, on a 70mph a-road. I was stationery in traffic and a young girl in a clio drove into the back of me at significant speed. Fucked my back in exactly the same place and it took almost 2 years to sort out.

Also hurt my hand which was on the steering wheel at the time, but didn't claim for that.

Got £2500 first time, £2200 second time.

Wouldn't have bothered with the first claim if I hadn't been pestered by ambulance chasers every day.

Then why the FUCK have two felt ham immigrants who have NO injuries and NO damange to their car had fucking 12k from me in personal injury. I genuinely hope they are taken out by a bus the cunts.
Ben G

26th Jul 13 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unsure mate. Suppose I could've taken more time off work and lied to the doctor, but all I simply said was I have trouble cutting the grass (have to bend my back as handle isn't high enough) and doing my job causes me problems.

If I had properly milked it I reckon I could've got 5k, but didn't feel the need to.

My main priority was getting my back fixed so I could do my job without coming home a cripple. The money was a bonus.

Still unsure why my 2nd claim (which was probably 50% worse) was less than my 1st. The first one was someone my insurance company got to phone me. The second one was national accident helpline.
Ben G

26th Jul 13 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should add that I had an accident in 2007, where a van pulled out of a sideroad and t-boned my corsa. It was written off and an ambulance was called. Was quite a bad accident tbh.

I didn't claim injury for that one, so don't think i'm out for the money.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
If they're anything like our g4s secueity guards then they'll either be female or 6 stone anorexic men.

I've been hit from behind twice. First time a middle aged woman went into the back of me, I was doing about 10mph. Damaged a muscle in my back.

2nd time was a year later, on a 70mph a-road. I was stationery in traffic and a young girl in a clio drove into the back of me at significant speed. Fucked my back in exactly the same place and it took almost 2 years to sort out.

Also hurt my hand which was on the steering wheel at the time, but didn't claim for that.

Got £2500 first time, £2200 second time.

Wouldn't have bothered with the first claim if I hadn't been pestered by ambulance chasers every day.

Then why the FUCK have two felt ham immigrants who have NO injuries and NO damange to their car had fucking 12k from me in personal injury. I genuinely hope they are taken out by a bus the cunts.

shouldn't of crashed into them.
pow
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought you of all people are quite open to the idea that people make mistakes
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I would have thought you of all people are quite open to the idea that people make mistakes

Why? Because you were on the road and I was on a track. Yup 100% comparable.
Ben G

26th Jul 13 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriends mate drove into someone at a roundabout. Typical crash, driver in front went, then hesitated and stopped and her mate wasn't looking ahead.

They were only doing about 10-15mph and the front of her 13 plate ka was fucked. Both headlights broken, bumper pushed in, bonnet bent up, both wings pushed back and slam panel bent.

Just goes to show a relatively slow impact can cause quite a lot of damage on newer budget cars, usually made of recycle water bottles.
WukaChop

26th Jul 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most budget cars have the structural integrity of a cheese string anyway, corners have to be cut everywhere...
I suppose another thought to factor in though is that cars are designed to crumple like that so the body takes most of the impact as opposed to the driver.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I must be the only cunt that's never made some bullshit claim

was in a taxi that got tapped, literally tapped. Gave the taxi driver my details as a witness, and before I know it I'm getting injury people calling me up. Not interested.

Me too, had a taxi nudge the back of our Combo, didn't even exchange details, had a car run into the back of us fast enough to shorten his 205 by about a foot, that was as a passenger with my mum, due to the minor damage to our car we didn't even claim for damage.

My dad also had a woman ruin her Seat Arosa when she shunted the back of one of his old cars, again very little damage to his so no details exchanged.
AndyCorsaSport

26th Jul 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plastic bumpers hide things very well. I find it hard to believe 2 cars were fucked and yours were ok.

The amount of cars I've seen at work, look like a small mark/hardly anything. Take bumper off and there's a lot more damage behind.
Mike
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first one we got checked, small dent in the rear panel, not really any concern. Both cars were E36s so we knew after the first that there'd be no worries with the second one because it was a lower speed collision anyway.
Toby
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh these days after it happening to me (stalled my car at traffic lights and bumped car in front. No damage to either car but PI side of the claim came to 5.5k) if someone did it to me I would probably stick a claim in. Morally or ethically wrong but since my insurance premium was effected and will be for next few years I want some free money.
pow
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep thinking I should have done when a guy in an L200 smashed into the back of the Mito at 30MPH. rearranged the whole back end of the Mito and did give me a stiff neck for a couple of days but I was fine 3 days after the accident. Almost like a repayment for the immigrant cunts. I think the whole reason I didn't was because my nan died about 6 hours after the accident, suddenly the smashed mito was nothing compared to the family !

[Edited on 27-07-2013 by pow]
Ben G

27th Jul 13 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Tbh these days after it happening to me (stalled my car at traffic lights and bumped car in front. No damage to either car but PI side of the claim came to 5.5k) if someone did it to me I would probably stick a claim in. Morally or ethically wrong but since my insurance premium was effected and will be for next few years I want some free money.

I'm actually incline to agree with you.

The old saying ''if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'' comes to mind.

Also, will your insurance go up 5k or whatever compo you got over the time you need to declare the accident? By this, i'm talking about non fault, which still increases your premium, even if some people say it doesn't.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
still increases your premium,

which that attitude definitely will too.

How about leading by example? the more people shy away from false claims, the less it will happens and all our premiums go down.

[Edited on 27-07-2013 by Steve]
Ben G

27th Jul 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Explain yourself please.

Whos the mug? Some immigrant getting free money or some british taxpayer not claiming for personal injury and having to pay increased premiums for the next 3-5 years?

I'd say the immigrant was the clever one.

Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23474426
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Some immigrant getting free money

there's always going to be some immigrant who takes advantage of the system the problem is, everyone else is doing it now too. If normal people, like me and you decided to have some morals, and left the dirty work up to the immigrant it would be isolated cases and we would all be lolling about our cheap insurance
Ben G

27th Jul 13 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see your point, but I don't think us 2 (or even a significant percentage of the population) will stop it.

Just look at people on benefits for an example.

[Edited on 27-07-2013 by Ben G]
nathy_87

27th Jul 13 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing that pisses me off about these claims, for example, some bint at work got rear ended and although I wasn't there I still believe to this day it was still her fault she is also a hesitant driver. She got a pay out of £3200, Her back was in "pain along with her neck", she milked it for every penny, hardly any damage done to her fiat 500, and doesn't help her husband is a fucking copper.

Now my mate got jumped in town one night thinks he walked in on a drug deal as he only wanted to go for a piss, about 4 of them beat the crap out of him and broke his jaw. Was of work for cuple of months and needed metal plates, and he only got a pay out of £1800. How the fuck is this fair???

[Edited on 27-07-2013 by nathy_87]
John

27th Jul 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like to see a graph of people with even 'genuine' injuries against time. I'd bet my bottom dollar (only 1 left after I couldn't handle winning 1 million) that they all increased massively as soon as claim culture started.

Back when cars had no brakes, cross ply tyres and were destroyed in a crash, everyone went to work the next day and got on with it.
Nath

27th Jul 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People always seem to hurt the body part that pays the most too.
Mike
Premium Member

27th Jul 13 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's that bad now we had a woman try and claim for whiplash after I dropped a vending machine on her husbands car. It was about 2 years after the event when she tried to claim but luckily we still remembered that she was about 50 yards away from the car when it happened. After we told the insurance assessor that, the claim was suddenly dropped

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "Oww my neck" - Milking the insurance company 22 database queries in 0.1951408 seconds