corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Obligatory 'Bought a house' thread.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Obligatory 'Bought a house' thread.
A2H GO

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments. It’s been hard work and still going, not sure I’ll ever be completely happy, always seeing bits I want to do.

Still need to buy a loads of furnishings, our life possessions from our old place have pretty much been used up in one corner of the house so it’s looking a bit bare at the moment.

Still need a big rug for the living room coffee table, tv unit, curtains/blinds throughout . I’d like a stone fireplace too. New lights for the living room hopefully going up this week and move the current ones to the hallway.

Can’t see the garden being started until next year, hopefully want to level it off.

More pics showing off my poor photography skills from last night.

Second bedroom (which we’re using for now)

Third bedroom

Fourth bedroom

Main bedroom

En suite (had to paint, re-grout and re-silicone the whole thing)

Stairs

Hall way

New flooring in downsairs loo

Lined the boards up between the rooms…

Front room

Doors in front room

Quick look at sofa before covers went back on for now

Back door painted

Roof cleaned at back (still need jet wash all the moss round the bottom and the patio slabs) will be decked eventually.

Need to relay the slabs, perhaps this weekend if I can get some sand delivered

Front garden, pretty much died in the heat over the last few days, been out with the hose but needed a sprinkler really and haven’t had time go buy one

Quick blurry one of the kitchen (will be re-tiling in the bevelled white rectangular tiles to freshen it up a bit, dishwaser to go in).

Wired in properly

Broad daylight with no blinds, still need to put a painted MDF pelmet up infront of the screen to hide it, another job for the weekend I think.

[Edited on 23-07-2013 by A2H GO]
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a couple of floorstanders for either side of the projector now
A2H GO

23rd Jul 13 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the speakers? Was going to stick them on the window ledges but glossed it two days ago and it's still tacky, bloody humid weather.

Also ordered the centre and rear speakers for the system, should be here this week, wires already in, it's nothing special but will do for what we need.

Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.richersounds.com/product/floorstanders/mordaunt-short/aviano-6/mord-aviano-6-dk-wal

Would look nice against your floor
A2H GO

23rd Jul 13 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't show me things like that, must resist...
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a dangerous website!
ljames555

23rd Jul 13 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some artificial grass for out the front. Don't waste your life mowing and watering it.

Get rid of that carpet in the en suite.

Downstair flooring looks posh.
A2H GO

23rd Jul 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the carpet thats left wants coming out at some point. We've used a proper carpet cleaning machine all the way through for now until funds allow.

Give it a few months the front lawn will come back and hopefully we'll be able to box the hedge round the outside. I do hate mowing though.
John

23rd Jul 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you doing about the surround Ash, do you just use it for the projector?

I've been trying to work out how to sneak a screen in as hidden as possible, I thought your over the window trick would work but then thought about the speakers
drunkenfool

23rd Jul 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks lovely mate! I've got my projector boxed in on the ceiling and no problems with it overheating. I'm sure yours will have an overheat protection on it anyway so if it does happen then it will stop itself from getting damaged and you can always make the hole bigger if needed :-)
A2H GO

23rd Jul 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
What are you doing about the surround Ash, do you just use it for the projector?

I've been trying to work out how to sneak a screen in as hidden as possible, I thought your over the window trick would work but then thought about the speakers

I'll take pictures when the other 3 speakers have turned up, got the official Onkyo upgrade ones for the bargain price of £50 delivered on eBay.

The rear left comes out from under the floor in the corner and up some thin white conduit stuck against the white door frame so pretty inconspicuous. The rear right goes into the wall (same wall as the projector which is actually into the garage) up the wall then back in at the top.

Fronts are more difficult, going to just put them on the window ledge for now. Centre will have to go in the TV unit in the corner which isn't ideal, may eventually do another alcove in the centre of the bay above the screen to sit it in just don't like having stuff on show.

Got to have the sparky round again to wire the screen in properly, wire will go up into the roof in the bay on a switch. Then putting an MDF strip along the top of the bay, same colour as the wall to make the casing for the screen less obvious.
A2H GO

23rd Jul 13 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
Looks lovely mate! I've got my projector boxed in on the ceiling and no problems with it overheating. I'm sure yours will have an overheat protection on it anyway so if it does happen then it will stop itself from getting damaged and you can always make the hole bigger if needed :-)

Thanks dude, that was the original plan but this way I get an extra foot of throw given the distance isn't ideal, also means less keystone correction being able to have it lower down.

Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That flooring is gorgeous! And laid very well by the looks of it.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
A2H GO

23rd Jul 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Mrs old man laid it, he's a joiner of 40 years so I'm afraid I can't take the credit for it.
John

23rd Jul 13 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by John

I'll take pictures when the other 3 speakers have turned up, got the official Onkyo upgrade ones for the bargain price of £50 delivered on eBay.

The rear left comes out from under the floor in the corner and up some thin white conduit stuck against the white door frame so pretty inconspicuous. The rear right goes into the wall (same wall as the projector which is actually into the garage) up the wall then back in at the top.

Fronts are more difficult, going to just put them on the window ledge for now. Centre will have to go in the TV unit in the corner which isn't ideal, may eventually do another alcove in the centre of the bay above the screen to sit it in just don't like having stuff on show.

Got to have the sparky round again to wire the screen in properly, wire will go up into the roof in the bay on a switch. Then putting an MDF strip along the top of the bay, same colour as the wall to make the casing for the screen less obvious.

I mean what do you do with the fact the projector points in a different direction from the TV, so the speakers can only be set up for one or the other? Do you only use with projector?
A2H GO

23rd Jul 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah sorry, misinterpreted that. Both TV and projector hooked up to surround but gets used about 10% of the time with the TV, so positioned for use with the projector.
MarkM

23rd Jul 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that Balterio flooring? If so I have it.
A2H GO

24th Jul 13 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate it's Quickstep.
deano87

24th Jul 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That piss stained carpet downstairs

Nice house by the way. Bit jealous like!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

24th Jul 13 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely house mate.

Sorry if i've missed it but whats plans for back garden?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

24th Jul 13 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is your 'front room' at the back of the house?
A2H GO

25th Jul 13 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Lovely house mate.

Sorry if i've missed it but whats plans for back garden?

Hopefully level the grassed area (keeping it grassed) then decking the patio'd bit all the way across the back of the house. Wendy house thing is gone and ordered sand and slate for this weekend to re-lay the slabs we took up for the pipework for now as it's not likely it's going to get done till next year.
A2H GO

25th Jul 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
why is your 'front room' at the back of the house?

We call the 'front room' the room with the white unit/black sofa in which is at the front. The main lounge is at the rear.
Whittie

25th Jul 13 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't view the pics

Sounds good though mate.
A2H GO

25th Jul 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Photobucket FTL.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll