corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Xbox One

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xbox One
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Dec 13 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You also get some PSN games for free that would otherwise cost, eg resogun etc, and discounts for others and demo downloads
Nic Barnes

8th Dec 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So exactly the same as Xbox live yeah?
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 13 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much except some stuff you get free which you don't on live eg the Netflix streaming. I believe it's also fractionally cheaper
Nic Barnes

8th Dec 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, just wondered how much bigging up of the play station you will now be doing that you have swapped to a different big name brand. Judging by your hd DVD opinions, I think like previous i will do the opposite and buy an x bone.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 13 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not bigging anything up just replying because someone asked if Netflix was free on it
A2H GO

8th Dec 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even IE is paid

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-360/3045-20/forums/so-ie-on-xbox-is-locked-behind-a-gold-sub-what-558823/
Nic Barnes

8th Dec 13 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cannot understand owning a console and not having x bone live.
John

8th Dec 13 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are absolutely terrible at launching anything.

New CEO has to make big changes organisation wide. The business stuff is like this constantly.
A2H GO

8th Dec 13 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just madness that at one end of the scale you've got companies like Apple giving away whole operating systems for free whilst at the other you've got Microsoft charging for the use of free software.
Dom

8th Dec 13 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
That's that then. They'll be charging for each time you turn it on next.

You on your period? As you seem to moaning and exaggerating like a bitch
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I raged about Netflix requiring Gold when it first came to the 360.

After I calmed down and thought about it, I realised that anyone who actually wanted to enjoy their xbox would have Gold anyway... so it doesn't really matter.

I still resent paying for it though!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
A2H GO

9th Dec 13 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'd only have it because they have no choice, not because they want it.

I've bought gold for the past few years, wasn't too happy about it but you got a fairly good online service in return. These days I don't have time to play games so haven't renewed when it ran out a few months back. Would have been nice to still be able to use the basic features since I've paid for the console though.
A2H GO

9th Dec 13 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
That's that then. They'll be charging for each time you turn it on next.

As you seem to be ... exaggerating like a bitch

Nice one Captain Obvious.
XSIHardy

9th Dec 13 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/09/dying-light-runs-at-1080p-on-the-ps4

This is starting to concern me now and if I'm Hounest I think titan fall is going to have loads off issues.

Think a switch to sony might be on the cards
Dom

9th Dec 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They'd only have it because they have no choice, not because they want it.

Of course they/you have choice - they either get Gold, which gives them XYZ features; or they don't

And as Kyle mentioned, majority of users will have it anyway if they're a gamer.

quote:
....Apple giving away whole operating systems for free...

Only the recent version has been free, previously you had to pay. Secondly, Apple have always offset OS X against the hardware - or rather the OS has been factored into the cost of the hardware ('Apple tax').

Either way, there's no direct comparison between this and a subscription service
A2H GO

9th Dec 13 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes because Microsoft don't make any profit on the hardware

There's no discussion to be had, Microsoft are charging for 'features' that elsewhere are free and to me that's wrong.

If other's think it's fine because they get the value from the multi-player and see the other stuff as extra then fair enough but that's not my situation. Nobody would pay £40 just to be able to use Netflix and they'd have to pay me £40 to use IE, the fact they think they can charge for it is laughable.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're not interested in multilayer I can see why it's a cunt.
Dom

9th Dec 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nobody would pay £40 just to be able to use Netflix and they'd have to pay me £40 to use IE, the fact they think they can charge for it is laughable.

Probably right but then i/they wouldn't buy a games console if i/they just wanted to browse the net or use Netflix

quote:
Yes because Microsoft don't make any profit on the hardware

Didn't say they didn't

But you're attempting to compare a subscription service to an OS, which is laughable at best.

[Edited on 09-12-2013 by Dom]
A2H GO

9th Dec 13 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My intention wasn't to compare like for like but to highlight the disparity between business models.

If we're comparing like for like let's compare the cost to using Netflix on Xbox to PS/Wii/Wii U...

Anyway, I've had my moan, I feel better now.
XSIHardy

10th Dec 13 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New 15 mins gameplay on the xbox one, granted it's the same mission of mgs5:

http://m.uk.ign.com/videos/2013/12/09/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-nighttime-infiltration-trailer

Starting to have Seriouse doubts about this game and rumbling's of it not being in 1080

The division thought, that now has my full attention and I think may just scoop game of the year

Titanfall just looks worse and worse ::
Steve
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a noticeable difference too in games that are up scaled
Balling
Premium Member

13th Dec 13 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
The whole concept behind Forza 5 is to set it up as a Free2Play, where most things are purchased with micro transactions or unlocked through grinding, but in stead of being free, the game sells at full retail.

Polyphony are doing more or less exactly the same with GT6 and it's just a horrible, horrible trend.
Looks like they're fixing it.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/12/forza-5-economy-update-introduces-cheaper-cars-drag-racing

Love it when developers listen to the customers.

sc0ott

13th Dec 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does nothing for the main part of the game. Career mode.

Id say the majority of those who are disappointed with the game want more tracks and more cars. Not drag racing or less expensive cars you would never save for in the first place.
Reecemac

16th Dec 13 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So received my Xbox one today . . . So glad I cancelled my PS4 preorder for it. First have to fuck about with cables because my current hdmi cable doesn't seem to work with it even though its 1.4 and the one supplied is massive which is crap for my wall mounted tv (Altough LG are retards for placing the cables facing out meaning you have to use right-angled cables if wall mounted). Kinect is massive. Menu is very unintuitive, doesn't give you any hints. TV input is useless, I guessed it had a sky guide or something, whats the point in it. If you want to watch tv on the side why not have it in a floating box instead of taking up room with mainly blank space?. Downloaded fifa that crashes after the intro match without fail. Gave up on that and put the forza disc in which cannot be read! Unfucking believable. and the headset is something for the 99p shop. So far it is literally a 1/10.
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Dec 13 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reecemac
So received my Xbox one today . . . So glad I cancelled my PS4 preorder for it. First have to fuck about with cables because my current hdmi cable doesn't seem to work with it even though its 1.4 and the one supplied is massive which is crap for my wall mounted tv (Altough LG are retards for placing the cables facing out meaning you have to use right-angled cables if wall mounted). Kinect is massive. Menu is very unintuitive, doesn't give you any hints. TV input is useless, I guessed it had a sky guide or something, whats the point in it. If you want to watch tv on the side why not have it in a floating box instead of taking up room with mainly blank space?. Downloaded fifa that crashes after the intro match without fail. Gave up on that and put the forza disc in which cannot be read! Unfucking believable. and the headset is something for the 99p shop. So far it is literally a 1/10.

Crazy

What about the menu do you find unintuitive? Not having a dig, just curious as I think it's one of the better changes since the 360.

Agree the TV in Picture is a bit useless, but the TV passthrough is great just from a social point of view. Been a few times in the past where I've logged off of a game because no mates were online to watch TopGear on Dave or whatever, then found the next day that a mate logged in 5mins later etc... now I'm "online" whilst watching TV so can still do the social side of XBL, and switch into a game if somebody logs in who I want to play with etc.

Not played (or even downloaded) Fifa yet, but Forza and BF4 I've not had issues with in terms of the Xbox - no crashes or anything, just server browser bugs on BF4.

Headset is naff yeah, but it's survived two beer spillages so far

I fixed my biggest frustration/disappointment with my Xbone over the weekend, my sound was just fucked - didn't sound anywhere near as good as my 360 did. Turned out to be the config on my amp not taking all six channels properly from an uncompressed feed. Works now and sounds epic.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll