corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Xbox One

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xbox One
Cavey

User status: Offline
24th Nov 13 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must. Not. Bite.
Dom

24th Nov 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Same. I don't think I want a ps4 due to all the horror stories and the ps3 being so bad and unreliable.

John

24th Nov 13 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a terrible troll but lol at the original 360 failure figures, was it not 10% or something massive. Also, HD-DVD.
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still a better supported console though. Psn was/is/will be terrible.
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 13 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldn't imagine you playing a game online john, i don't mean any offence/banter by that, just wouldn't have imagined you to be the type to sit and play them.
tom130691
Premium Member

24th Nov 13 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

voice control mean i can turn it of when the misses is playing
Steve
Premium Member

24th Nov 13 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic Barnes used to call them ups boxes
John

24th Nov 13 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i couldn't imagine you playing a game online john, i don't mean any offence/banter by that, just wouldn't have imagined you to be the type to sit and play them.

I played with some peeps from on here once I think. I'd love to get a ps4 and do a bit of online but don't have any time at all to do it.
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair i use my xbox mostly for streaming tv shows and films off my computer these days. almost bought an x bone yesterday just didn't really fulfil any level of excitement like when the ps2 etc came out. maybe I'm just getting old.
Balling
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 07:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
There's not really a 100% smooth solution either other than making the xbox 50hz native which won't happen. Kinda makes it useless for TV in the UK. Iv seen this judder on an old media center and it drives you mad.
Wouldn't it be possible to release a software update that just enables it to repeat the input refresh rate? Or is the 60Hz fixed rate hardware specific?

Balling
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read up on the subject and it appears the refresh rate is so fundamental for the system, that it can only be changed completely or not at all.

In other words, this can not be fixed.

Nic Barnes

25th Nov 13 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a sky box for tv, like I imagine most people do.
Balling
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think you're missing the point ever so slightly.

XSIHardy

25th Nov 13 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
I think you're missing the point ever so slightly.

Exactly this they have marketed some thing that isn't working to the audience they have projected it to. Also it would of been easy for them
To say that it may not be compatable with English tv, but no such thing was ever mentioned as they new it would push sales to sony. I
Don't have a box in my bedroom, but it really annoys me how people will be getting this believing that it will work when it won't.
Brett
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can the skybox not just be switched to 60hz?
JonnyJ

25th Nov 13 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone on fb just had to send his back as it broke after a day
Balling
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Can the skybox not just be switched to 60hz?
The signal is 50Hz though, so you'd just end up with the exact same issue, but caused earlier in the chain.

Tiger

25th Nov 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see the problems have already begun for the XBOX1, granted its a small percentage of owners, but it could be the thin end of the wedge?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25087517
Balling
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
"Overall, I do not believe we will see significant manufacturing problems with either the Microsoft or Sony console but due to social media the relatively few that do occur will become more apparent to those looking to purchase over this holiday season," he said.
This is the biggest issue with both consoles. The internet is blowing everything out of proportion.

Dom

25th Nov 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Read up on the subject and it appears the refresh rate is so fundamental for the system, that it can only be changed completely or not at all.

In other words, this can not be fixed.

Well no, they could either run the 'TV' UI at 50Hz and then switch back to 60Hz for everything else or run the console at 50Hz and switch to 60Hz for gaming - it's not a perfect solution as the TV would be switching between different refresh rates (and some take a second or two) but it'd work.

I don't see a perfect solution however you look at it apart from developing to the lowest denominator (50Hz) and then you'd be impeding the gaming side of the console.
Balling
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I've read, that solution isn't possible.

The issue is to do with the multitasking and picture-in-picture thing. The Box can't isolate one stream/app and run it at a different refresh rate than everything else.

Either they change everything to 50Hz, which would cause havoc with the games, or they remove the multitasking/PiP functionality for external sources, which would go against the whole point of the "One" aspect.

Dom

25th Nov 13 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
From what I've read, that solution isn't possible.

The issue is to do with the multitasking and picture-in-picture thing. The Box can't isolate one stream/app and run it at a different refresh rate than everything else.

Obviously you can't display multiple refresh rates and i am speculating a lot as i'm not sure how much the virtualised containers are interleaved with each other (from what i've read the Xbox OS container purely handles gaming, nothing else) but i'd be surprised if they can't alter the refresh rate on the (stripped) 'Win8' virtualised container (which i believe handles the dashboard, apps, TV and in-game overlays) on the fly.
In which case, you'd run the lot (both virtualised containers - Win8 and Xbox OS) at 60Hz during gaming and switch back to 50Hz when entering the dashboard - again, it wouldn't be the smoothest of transition in terms of the TV switch between refresh rates.
But any PiP during gaming would be at 60Hz and if you were using the external feed for PiP, i'm not sure you'd really notice the 'juddering' caused by the typical '5th frame' conversion on a tiny PiP 'window'.

As said, i'm not sure there was ever a decent solution with Microsoft wanting to integrate external (TV) feeds anyway.

Have you got any more links or sources to articles you've read? As most of the stuff i've read is just the typical fanboi bashing
Brett
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
"Overall, I do not believe we will see significant manufacturing problems with either the Microsoft or Sony console but due to social media the relatively few that do occur will become more apparent to those looking to purchase over this holiday season," he said.
This is the biggest issue with both consoles. The internet is blowing everything out of proportion.

On that note

http://blog.roguecode.co.za/Amazon-review-from-PS4-Xbox-One-next-gen-console-wars
Steve
Premium Member

26th Nov 13 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting that the ps4 is edging it as people's favourite of those that bought both
sc0ott

26th Nov 13 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not really.

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll