corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Glastonbury 2013

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Glastonbury 2013
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Mar 13 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Download thread made me think.... whos got Glasto tickets this year? Payment for the rest of the balance opens up on Tuesday, cant wait to go

I'll be going from Tuesday night to Monday, anyone else from CS going?

[Edited on 29-03-2013 by willay]
Ludacris Turbo

29th Mar 13 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully be going! Went in 2007 and its easily the best festival I've ever been to even with the awful weather that year.
Carl

29th Mar 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried to get tickets but failed.
Hammer

29th Mar 13 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kenny Rogers
Dom

29th Mar 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, will be there this year. Will do the same as 2010, head down at 4 in the morning and get in for 9.
Line up is reasonable, could have been a lot lot better though ('10 was truly awesome) but with Glastonbury 60% of it is atmosphere and other attractions.
Roffo

29th Mar 13 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il be there...

Corsa-sport meet at the cider bus??

jrdn7

30th Mar 13 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£205 a pop and sold out within 2 hrs!
Xs

30th Mar 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got tickets, first time going, when is the best time to go in order to get in and get a decent area to camp?
Dom

30th Mar 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
Got tickets, first time going, when is the best time to go in order to get in and get a decent area to camp?

You need to be down there for 9am (or earlier) on the Weds, as the place fills stupidly quickly eg - by 10/11am campsites are pretty busy. You're pretty much screwed for a decent camping spot come late afternoon.

And park as close to your chosen campsite - i made the mistake last time of parking in carpark C and camping in the Dairy Fields (ie: both opposite ends of each other) and it was a slog and a half between the car and the campsite.

And take essentials and pack light - again it was one of my mistakes last time around and it made life hell carrying 60L worth of shite. A sack cart is useful, just make sure it's got a decent set of wheels due to the rough ground, but keep it hidden/secure as it's one of those things that'll likely get nicked (mind did last time around).
willay
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got there on Tuesday night and camped in the queue till they opened up, and as Dom says work out where you want to camp before you go and plan accordingly, we stayed near some of the main areas so decided to go to the northern entrance where all the northerners get directed, worked out really well.
Dom

30th Mar 13 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luckily i got some awesome directions and we missed majority of the A361 queue (ended up queuing for 10 mins then it was straight into the campsite) coming into Shepton Mallet. Although as said, it put us completely on the wrong side of the festival to where we camped.

Speaking of car parking, does anyone know if the entrances are the same as 2010/2011 or have they changed it for this year? Similarly, are the campsites the same?
mattk

30th Mar 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Courteeners
Roffo

30th Mar 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Luckily i got some awesome directions and we missed majority of the A361 queue (ended up queuing for 10 mins then it was straight into the campsite) coming into Shepton Mallet. Although as said, it put us completely on the wrong side of the festival to where we camped.

Speaking of car parking, does anyone know if the entrances are the same as 2010/2011 or have they changed it for this year? Similarly, are the campsites the same?

All the same as last year..

we always camp opposite the other stage, good walking distance from most places.

Anyone who went last year find new one way system for arcadia a bit of a shitter?
willay
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went into Arcadia two nights running and found the one way system fine, i believe Arcadia have their own tent/arena this year seperate from block9/shangri-la
Roffo

30th Mar 13 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here, did 2 nights

works well for crowding, but kind of miss the freely walking in and out as you please. Still fucking amazing though.

Shangri-la this year will blow my mind.

Xs

31st Mar 13 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One way system at Arcadia?! See it (or a part of it) at Rockness and its just a big area to shuffle about.

Where would people recommend we camp? I just want to avoid that area that flooded or camping on a hill.
Roffo

31st Mar 13 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO around the other stage area, as its a decent distance to most places, and near the main track too. (and flat)

If anything though avoid pyramid area as its the council estate of glasto.
willay
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I camped in Pennard Hill and parked in the car parks from the Red Route (for northerners) - took about 10-15 minutes to walk it from the gates.
Xs

1st Apr 13 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So arriving at 9-10am Wednesday will mean big queues? Fuck sitting in a queue over night!
willay
Premium Member

1st Apr 13 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was good fun, people having bbqs in the car parks and shit. We just sat on our chairs chatting shit and some of got some sleep, woke up at 7 and boom open!
Dom

1st Apr 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
So arriving at 9-10am Wednesday will mean big queues? Fuck sitting in a queue over night!

We got down there for around 8:30 and after taking a few back roads we were parked by 9:15. Tbh, as long as you leave yourself plenty of time you'll be fine - personally i don't think you need to camp but it obviously means leaving early (we left around 4/4:30).
Roffo

1st Apr 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be an enourmous que at most time to be fair. Fastest I've ever got from car-park to camp is around an hour and a half.

Last year with the mud took 4 hours!
Dom

1st Apr 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was 2010; use the back roads and stay away from Shepton Mallet and you'll be fine.

Didn't make it to 2011 in the end but hopefully the weather will be decent this time around
Dom

19th Apr 13 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Resale is this Sunday @ 9AM for anyone interesting in getting a ticket.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/ticket-resale-faqs
Roffo

19th Apr 13 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need 8 tickets for mates.

Not gunna be easy. I give it 15mins before sold out.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Glastonbury 2013 22 database queries in 0.1000810 seconds