corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C 1.0 Cold Starting Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C 1.0 Cold Starting Problem
SRJCORSA

User status: Offline
9th Mar 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello
I have just bought my son an 2003 Corsa for his first car.
The problem I am having is it's a nightmare to start when cold in the mornings.
I sometimes get the flashing engine management light and immobiliser light and sometimes not.
Sometimes in between turning over the engine management light flashes whilst the throttle body is clicking.
Sometime in-between turning over I can hear the fuel pump thumping a bit
Usually it fires, then keeps turning over for about 20 seconds then fires again and then sometimes starts.
Once started it will start immediately on retry every time.
I have taken the car to 3 garages now and I'm getting a different answer from each.
The first garage said its the keys ( I have tried both keys and have the same problem )
The second garage read the error codes and said it's either the immobiliser or ECU
The third garage said it could be the camshaft sensor.
So obviously I'm getting a bit frustrated with this and hope somebody could shine some light on my problem.
I have also taken the instrument panel out and checked the connection behind the clocks as I know this is a common problem but that's all fine

My question is could it really be the immobiliser or ECU if it doesn't start only when the engine is stone cold, surely there would be a problem when it is hot or cold ?

Any help appreciated
Thank you

New Poll