corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Samsung Galaxy S4

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Samsung Galaxy S4
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Mar 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Benchmarks are nearly irrelevant on as UX driven a device as a phone.

Edit> That said, the S4 figures are impressive, and it's a step closer to my dream future of phone powered laptops and workstations.

[Edited on 20-03-2013 by Balling]

A2H GO

20th Mar 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed it is on paper.

In reality it'll still lag browsing Wikipedia.
Gary
Premium Member

12th Apr 13 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pre-ordered
LeeM

12th Apr 13 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you want the galaxy mega.
Gary
Premium Member

12th Apr 13 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really dont. it's the phone version of one of these...

Whittie

12th Apr 13 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I want one, but can't justify it
Steve
Premium Member

12th Apr 13 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Indeed it is on paper.

im going to make a video later showing my galaxy s3 doesnt lag at all whilst scrolling a large wikipedia article

[Edited on 12-04-2013 by Steve]
Nath

12th Apr 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Indeed it is on paper.

im going to make a video later showing my galaxy s3 doesnt lag at all whilst scrolling a large wikipedia article

[Edited on 12-04-2013 by Steve]

Balling
Premium Member

12th Apr 13 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No need.

http://youtu.be/0acT2-xLdHc

JordyCarter

12th Apr 13 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My s3 is really good no problems at all. Not arsed in the slightest about size as personally id rather have a nice big screen
Steve
Premium Member

12th Apr 13 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
No need.

mine does not lag like that at all, I will show a video later
Dom

12th Apr 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
No need.

No lag here - http://youtu.be/P1UEraHDoAQ?t=11m38s

Edit - Again, no lag - http://youtu.be/65Dd1idikAo?t=7m7s / http://youtu.be/IRxMxBfLYJs?t=19m51s

[Edited on 12-04-2013 by Dom]
Steve
Premium Member

12th Apr 13 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its amazing how its only the people that are apple biased in their reviews that seem to find lag issues
A2H GO

12th Apr 13 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom, that's likely to be a brand new review unit and showing off a few features is not the same a real world everyday use with multiple apps backing up on top of eachother, or multiple widgets setup across numerous home screens.

Steve, the same could be said about android people never seem to notice it, theyve become so accustomed to a sub par experience, and not knowing any different its just normal.

[Edited on 13-04-2013 by A2H GO]
fir3vip3r

13th Apr 13 at 05:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you aware that in the year 2013 most people by now have had a heady mix of apple and android phones and now even some windows phones.

I didnt like my Iphone 3 so I upgraded to a samsung galaxy s2 and now to a nexus 4. I have occasion to use my missus iphone 4s now and again and I dislike it.

I never seem to come across any of these problems, and any problems I have ever come across have been so miniscule its ridiculous. You're talking about slight lag browsing wikipedia like its the worst thing since unsliced bread.

The galaxy s4 will undoubtedly be an amazing bit of kit as are all smartphones coming out at the moment.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 13 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Dom, that's likely to be a brand new review unit and showing off a few features is not the same a real world everyday use with multiple apps backing up on top of eachother, or multiple widgets setup across numerous home screens.

Steve, the same could be said about android people never seem to notice it, theyve become so accustomed to a sub par experience, and not knowing any different its just normal.

Did you notice lag in the videos dom posted?
Dom

13th Apr 13 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah, must be it Ash - clearly the phone in Balling's vid is an 'every day' phone rather than the brand spanking new phones in the three videos i posted....

Strange that no actual browser testing happens in the vid Balling posted though; rather the guys decides to show off a range of phonegap-esque apps and twitter.

[Edited on 13-04-2013 by Dom]
Gary
Premium Member

13th Apr 13 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clearly got a load of stuff running to cause that, my s2 dosent even lag that bad!
A2H GO

13th Apr 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Yeah, must be it Ash - clearly the phone in Balling's vid is an 'every day' phone rather than the brand spanking new phones in the three videos i posted....

Strange that no actual browser testing happens in the vid Balling posted though; rather the guys decides to show off a range of phonegap-esque apps and twitter.

[Edited on 13-04-2013 by Dom]

Didn't watch Ballings vid, watched your first link for about a minute and responded to your post. Don't need vids to prove anything, I have months of first hand experience.

Sure, you can make it smoother by closing all background running apps, or not using live wallpapers, or not using intensive widgets, and then post videos of how smooth it is. But that's like when people take pictures of their cars dash showing its done 99mpg but theyve actually reset it then been rolling down hills in neutral. It's not a real world example of everyday use and you can't use any of those features as advantages if you can't take advantage of them without ruining the experience

Nath

13th Apr 13 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple r da best.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 13 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Sure, you can make it smoother by closing all background running apps, or not using live wallpapers, or not using intensive widgets,

I don't use live wallpapers, and I only have one widget running but that's a bit of a non argument as you cant get those features on the iphone anyway so its only fair to compare without those running.

These are extra features that the iphone doesn't offer.

Regards running apps in the background, it doesn't make any difference to how smooth my browser etc scrolls, mine is as smooth as doms vid without closing any background apps, im not even convinced adding widgets and live wallpapers will make much difference either.

[Edited on 13-04-2013 by Steve]
A2H GO

13th Apr 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

Before anyone starts this isn't about how good/bad apple is, it's about the quality of the hardware being irrelevant since as long as its running android it'll still be the same poor experience.

A2H GO

13th Apr 13 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Sure, you can make it smoother by closing all background running apps, or not using live wallpapers, or not using intensive widgets,

I don't use live wallpapers, and I only have one widget running but that's a bit of a non argument as you cant get those features on the iphone anyway so its only fair to compare without those running.

These are extra features that the iphone doesn't offer.

Regards running apps in the background, it doesn't make any difference to how smooth my browser etc scrolls, mine is as smooth as doms vid without closing any background apps, im not even convinced adding widgets and live wallpapers will make much difference either.

[Edited on 13-04-2013 by Steve]

That's my point, poeople tout android as being better because you an do all this stuff like have live wallpapers, cool widgets and proper multi tasking but in reality when it makes your phone run like turd it's not an advantage at all so might also not have it.

Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 13 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course its an advantage because its something you cant do otherwise, you don't have to have them, but the option is there if you do.

Using them doesn't exactly make the phone unusable does it?

I don't think my phone will lag that much more if at all with some of them running. Its certainly not something I noticed when I had some installed when playing around
A2H GO

13th Apr 13 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And this is what it comes down to, choice and preference.

My opinion of android reflects the fact that I'd rather have fewer features in return for a consistent, solid user experience.

Whereas android users would rather have the choice to use a multitude of features even if in some cases it's at the detriment of the experience.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll