corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » has my clutch cable stretched?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author has my clutch cable stretched?
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
6th Feb 13 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now I know what you're all gonna think the adjuster on my clutch cable has slipped. But My clutch cable Has a nut on the end which is on bloody tight haven't managed to undo it to try adjust my cable. Just today noticed that my biting point had started to get low down to the floor. Not terrible that it won't go into gear but certainly a noticeable nuisance. So I take it my clutch cable has just stretched over time? Or what else could it be? Am I best off getting a new cable or get some wd on the nut and getting the grips and spanner out to undo the nut to adjust the cable? Any advice is very welcome
BenC1985

7th Feb 13 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was exactly like that, cable got adjusted twice then i gave up adjusting it and took it to have a cable fitted. Cost me £40 for a cable supplied and fitted and its a million times better.
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Feb 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your cable may have 2 nuts locked togther? sounds like it needs adjusting. cables can streach but it could be your clutch is on its way out?
BenC1985

7th Feb 13 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
your cable may have 2 nuts locked togther? sounds like it needs adjusting. cables can streach but it could be your clutch is on its way out?

I thought the same that the clutch was going but i decided id try the cable first as it was £40 supplied and fitted. Compared to £399 for a clutch supplied and fitted at vauxhall. And its fixed it all.

New Poll