corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is the garage trying to con me?? Corsa Clutch pedal snapped?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is the garage trying to con me?? Corsa Clutch pedal snapped?
cyber_killer

User status: Offline
14th Oct 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi people, could you please shed any light on my wee little Corsa problem. The car is a 2000 x reg 1,7 diesel. Basically the clutch cable when i got the car was stretched/worn out, so i had a new one fitted ) the thing is today on my way to university the top of the clutch pedal snapped aswell as the clutch cable. I Got another clutch cable & pedal fitted but the garage fitting it was having a field day, trying to tell me i need a new clutch. Anyway they told me my new clutch cable will snap 2 even though they fitted it?? When i the got car back, after a new cable & pedal, i have found my pedal seems stiffer than it was. It is really springy and biting quite high up?? ( it wasn’t high up before) Could they have over tightened my new cable or something? I also have googled this and found quite a few people with broken clutch pedals on Corsa B’s ( few say because it is plastic at top its 2 weak). So is this a common fault? Which i should ignore or should I get a new clutch.

Thanks
CK

[Edited on 14-10-2010 by cyber_killer]
cyber_killer

14th Oct 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.s forgot to say, to take the piss the mechanic in the garage tried offering me £100 for the car!! its an immac car apart from clutch problem.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reson its snapped the cable is probably the pressure plate in the clutch. so you will probably be better off getting a new one
Root

15th Oct 10 at 04:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a feeling the garage aren't trustworth, don't use them.

When I had my car I never took it in to a garage and never will unless I get stuck and my family/friends can't help me with it
JaffaTB

15th Oct 10 at 05:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
If you have a feeling the garage aren't trustworth, don't use them.

When I had my car I never took it in to a garage and never will unless I get stuck and my family/friends can't help me with it

same here, id rather at least try doing it myself then if i get stuck get my dad to help me, he was a mechanic for about 20 years
cyber_killer

15th Oct 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IS this an easy job? is there any guides/ifo? i have done axles suspension wheel bearing etc in the past.

Thanks
ck
JaffaTB

15th Oct 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it is the clutch thats gone, it wouldnt say its that hard
cyber_killer

15th Oct 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took it to 2 other garages and they both said it is fine. GRRRR turns i didnt think it was stiff. Thing is i have already bought clutch kit etc, going to try take them back tomorrow.

thanks
ck

New Poll