corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone 4 to AUX

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone 4 to AUX
deano87

User status: Offline
13th Jan 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to track down a cable for Dad's iPhone 4, to connect to the AUX on the TV and AUX in his van/car.

Note the TV surround sound AUX is red and white Left & Right, but the car/van is just one input.

Not sure one cable will do the job because the AUX in the van/car is just a 3.5mm jack, whereas the surround sound is 2 inputs.

If anyone could recommend a cable or what I actually need it would be much appreciated!

Dom

13th Jan 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 'LOD' or jack line-out cable THIS would do for the car, would allow him to charge it as well if he has a 12v Aux USB charger.
For the TV then look for a iPhone AV RCA like THIS. Alternatively you could just grab a 3.5mm jack socket to RCA cable and use the 'LOD' with it.

deano87

13th Jan 13 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool. These have Apple specific connectors. Does a 3.5mm headphone jack cable do the same job? Is playbook quality as good?
sc0ott

13th Jan 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a jack lead and i connected it from my headphone point to the cars AUX connection and it was fine. I couldnt change songs from the car though, had to be from the phone.
Dom

13th Jan 13 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Cool. These have Apple specific connectors. Does a 3.5mm headphone jack cable do the same job? Is playbook quality as good?

Dock connector is line-out (ie: straight from the DAC & Preamp stage); headphone socket is fed through the headphone amplifier (complete garbage on ipods/iphones but that besides the point).

Where you need a line-level signal use the docks line-out, otherwise use the headphone socket. In your case, the inputs you've described will likely be line-level.

Obviously you can use the headphone socket but driving a line-level input isn't the brightest of ideas.
deano87

13th Jan 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll