corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
whitter45

User status: Offline
23rd May 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Merc looking hot for pole as expected.

I've only been reading bits and pieces between meetings today, but it sounds like Rosberg is running "old suspension" whether that means setup or physical I don't know and that Hamilton is running "new suspension".

If the headline times are to believed, Hamilton has lost 3 tenths to Rosberg but Hamilton's racepace is better, on a par with Ferrari.

I believe the suspension is related to tyre wear. They opened the practice session stating that they had a new device for tyre wear
Ben G

23rd May 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grosjean done a proper job in crashing his car for something so strong, it always amazes me how brittle carbon fibre is.
RichR
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is CF's major flaw, it is terrible in impact. In general terms it is 5 times stronger than steel of the same weight but has poor impact resistance - still surprised that they don't use an aramat (kevlar) within the laminate stack which would go someway towards preventing the shattering for no real weight penalty.
Jamie Walby

24th May 13 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
still surprised that they don't use an aramat (kevlar) within the laminate stack which would go someway towards preventing the shattering for no real weight penalty.

I have often thought that
Marc

25th May 13 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Button. #fanboy #coshesnotblacketc
Ben G

25th May 13 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we definitely need sprinkler systems. get it done bernie.

that qualifying session was the 1st of the season that i haven't fast forwarded half of q1/q2. it was immense.

rosberg/hamilton 1-2 on a track in which grid position is everything, it will make for a very interesting race.

only things i'm worried about are mercedes' lack of being able to 'do a vettel' at the start of the race, enabling the red bulls to keep up via DRS, and the undercut that the red bulls will get during the 1st round of pit stops.
Dom

25th May 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little random but Hamilton's and Rosberg's steering wheels side-by-side - http://i.imgur.com/UJpkgxn.jpg

He's also got the Merc tech's to pinch a few of the features from his old wheel - http://aibob.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/australian-gp-bts-16.jpg (Looks like Button's wheel due to the larger clutch paddles).

Still night and day between Merc and McLaren steering wheels though and it must have been a bit of a ballache learning a new config.
Ben G

25th May 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wondered what had happened to massa as I fast fowarded it until q1 started.

Turns out he done a proper job of dismantling the front end of his motor

Monaco is quite possibly the best circuit for going onboard with the drivers. Amazing how close they get to the barriers and how much better the sense of speed is due to the surroundings.

Kyle T
Premium Member

25th May 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
only things i'm worried about are mercedes' lack of being able to 'do a vettel' at the start of the race, enabling the red bulls to keep up via DRS, and the undercut that the red bulls will get during the 1st round of pit stops.

Undercut isn't quite so effective at Monaco due to traffic, even with blue flags there are only a couple of places per lap where you can get through.

I'm still skeptical on Mercedes' chance of victory tomorrow though, just rooting for Hammy to take Rosberg on the start and we'll take it from there

Nico definitely has risen to it this year, he was always a bit of an unknown simply as he hadn't even competed against a known quantity (in the context of a good car) and Schumi was an obvious unknown after retirement.

In hindsight, maybe Schumi didn't do so badly - but I still think Nico has improved this year and responded to Hamilton's early pace like a champ.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

26th May 13 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rosberg is class, he'd give Vettel a run for his money at RB. Very impressed with him, but hes been quick all his career.

Aslong as its Merc 1/2 into Saint devote, pref with Lewis 1st I'll be happy. Vettel to get clipped by Webber would be nice too.
JonnyJ

26th May 13 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Little random but Hamilton's and Rosberg's steering wheels side-by-side - http://i.imgur.com/UJpkgxn.jpg

He's also got the Merc tech's to pinch a few of the features from his old wheel - http://aibob.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/australian-gp-bts-16.jpg (Looks like Button's wheel due to the larger clutch paddles).

Still night and day between Merc and McLaren steering wheels though and it must have been a bit of a ballache learning a new config.

One of the 1st things Lewis did when he got to Merc was tell them their wheel was far too busy and got them to simplify his a bit to something that resembled his old one at Mclaren.
JonnyJ

26th May 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107671

Merc favourtism, should get a few backs up!
Ben G

26th May 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes sense that the fastest car over a lap, which is currently the mercedes, gets to do the test.

Thats what racing is after all, who can go the fastest, not who can nurse the tyres best.
Tiger

26th May 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My pre race prediction is neither Mercedes will finish the race.
Cavey

26th May 13 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton doing a good job holding up the Red Bulls, doesn't seem to have any kind of pace

Good for Rosberg at least

[Edited on 26-05-2013 by Cavey]
Ben G

26th May 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit cuntish by max chilton. Mind you, glad maldonado was the victim.

Also, shit luck for lewis.

Monaco is so boring, yet so exciting at the same time.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sergio with some banzai moves! Wonder what Alonso will do after letting him past. Take him in same place!

I love Monaco but this is dull too much tyre saving now hopefully a flat out race to the end!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Tiger

26th May 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The gp2 race was red flagged after a 14 car pile up too. Always the same at Monaco!
Ben G

26th May 13 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sutil done alonso
Tiger

26th May 13 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grosjean is dangerous
Ben G

26th May 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is becoming a pisstake now.

Marc

26th May 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Button
Marc

26th May 13 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dammit, was hoping he would get 5th.
Ben G

27th May 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22675026

Asked if the drivers would talk to Perez, Raikkonen said: "That won't help. Maybe someone should punch him in the face."

kennySRi

27th May 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love kimi! No idea how he got into the points right at the end as well lol.

The tyres seriously need changing, yesterday was an absolute joke of a 'race'. Perez was the only one who made it interesting really.

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.3023620 seconds