corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » best way to set this up........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author best way to set this up........
richardworrall
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Dec 12 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Current pc has printer attached to it via USB as normal and connected to orange live internet box via Ethernet cable. Now have another pc that is going to be on other side of the room and needs to be able to print to the printer. This other pc is currently stand alone and not connected to the internet or the printer. I know how to set this one up wirelessly to the orange box but whats the easiest and simplest way of it being able to connect to the printer. Simply instructions would be really handy as its for my dad and he isn't really technically minded. Thanks
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Dec 12 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the computer can connect to the wireless box and get an Internet connection then it's on your local network fine.

Next step is to share the printer, normally just right click on it from the link off the Start Menu.

Firewall may cause problems. Otherwise it's fairly straightfoward.
richardworrall
Premium Member

25th Dec 12 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Share the printer while its still hard wired to the main pc? Or does that one also need to be made wireless. Then how would the stand alone pc find the printer. Never mind my dad I'm a bit cluless when it comes to this kind of thing.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Dec 12 at 01:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah share the printer as it is, just means you'll need that PC switched on.

New Poll