corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video
davegreen
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 14 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already have all the above. alternator can be move and modified to fit. belts will have to be to suit my car as none of that part will be stock due to space.
thanks for the offer though.
Off to Courtenay's Friday to get new ECU coded to car and spare key to imobiliser. then get charger base map put on new ecu.
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Mar 14 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you mean the alternator can be moved, are you talking about the 120amp alternator?
davegreen
Premium Member

3rd Mar 14 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100 and 120 amp are the same size. mine fits in standard location but I will be moving it forward to help with belt wrap around the pulley which will also give it a bit more room. can also remove casting flashings from the inlet and gain a few more mm clearance. air con is the biggest problem with fitting the pipe work.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

4th Mar 14 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What charger is that?
Love a good charged project
Subscribed
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 14 at 06:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its an eaton? its the standard GM one used on these engines in the US.
from a cobolt ss.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 14 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could shave a tad from the inlet manifold but id be reluctant to do so, you also will need to cut a bit of thread off the alt for the possitive terminal to clear.

Are you planning on fitting the extra pulley which sits between the alt and charger pulley?

The boggest problem was the alt being too wide so when it was in position you couldnt get the manifold on, iif you move it you have to keep it in line with the belt, and your gunna have to get it spot on otherwise you will keep eating belts, but because it has to be inline you still have the problem of how wide it is. The 100 is smaller fractionally and taking the supressor off the back and replacing it with an aftermarket one and cutting down the thread will just leave you enough space.

I cant see how else your gunna move it.

[Edited on 04-03-2014 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 14 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
think its an eaton? its the standard GM one used on these engines in the US.
from a cobolt ss.

Eaton m62 but what you want is one of these.

[Edited on 04-03-2014 by chris_uk]
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 14 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to move it forward or the belt will not touch the alternator as I have air con. probably up to 20mm.
im not moving it side ways at all so belt will still run true.
not much point in fitting a harrop as this one could see over 300bhp if I upgrade the internals. maybe at some point in the future!

[Edited on 05-03-2014 by davegreen]
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 14 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine got 306bhp with all my internals done.

Problem with thd m62 is its running flat out at 300bhp putting the harrop on leaviates the stress on the charger.. Thats the reason why upgraded.
davegreen
Premium Member

5th Mar 14 at 06:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any plans to go further?

[Edited on 05-03-2014 by davegreen]
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Mar 14 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting the harrop mapped in april

Im going to need the z20let map sensor and i need to up the fuel pressure then i should get about 350bhp
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

5th Mar 14 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of pressure do these run at?
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Mar 14 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant remember tbh.. I have it written down somewhere.
davegreen
Premium Member

5th Mar 14 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what size pulley you run but around 13psi will give + 100bhp on a standard engine with a good exhaust system.
davegreen
Premium Member

9th Mar 14 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made the trip up to Courtenay sport Friday, got new ECU and spare key matched to the car and had charger base map put on ready.
car went great apart from the new alpine head unit giving up.
its lost all touch screen controls and doesn't always work with other controls
fitted the old Alpine head unit from the corsa B temporary till I get a replacement.
also mocked up a pre rad for the charge cooler today just got to get it made then its all out to get it all fitted!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th Mar 14 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is gonna make the rad for you?

Are you going on track at Combe?
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Mar 14 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did u go on the rollers?
davegreen
Premium Member

13th Mar 14 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Who is gonna make the rad for you?

Are you going on track at Combe?

pro alloy are making it for me.
its not really a track car with all the weight. hope to have charger on and running by combe not sure if it will be mapped?

didn't need to have it on the rollers, just a base map ready for when charger is on.
Paul W
Premium Member

13th Mar 14 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Immense

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Jed D

14th Mar 14 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really like where this is going now awesome stuff

whats the plan for a map?
courtney only do them to 260hp 'ish' on their maps but heard they can go a bit further on standard internals.
Jed D

14th Mar 14 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Mine got 306bhp with all my internals done.

Problem with thd m62 is its running flat out at 300bhp putting the harrop on leaviates the stress on the charger.. Thats the reason why upgraded.

what internals was that if you dont mind me asking mate?
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Mar 14 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these

these

these

these

and these

[Edited on 14-03-2014 by chris_uk]
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Mar 14 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
really like where this is going now awesome stuff

whats the plan for a map?
courtney only do them to 260hp 'ish' on their maps but heard they can go a bit further on standard internals.

cheers jed
Courtenay can map them to whatever you want really, its all down to how hard you want to push the internals
250 bhp ish is whats generally thought of as a safe limit on standard internals but there are people running a lot more with out any problems. you do need to do a lot of work if you want to go big with a standard block. liners, reinforced water ways, forged crank, rods, pistons, bolts, but they do run massive power in the states
better than a z20let/h/r
is this the future
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Mar 14 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dome of the cars in the states are running 1100bhp.. They are fucking mad!

Im going to have a look at meth inj soon i think .
Jack-

16th Mar 14 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video 24 database queries in 0.1101980 seconds