corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video
Jed D

User status: Offline
24th Apr 14 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
You will get 250 no probs.

get more than that on stock internals... get an obd tuner and learn to map it yourself
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Apr 14 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea but dont go above 265, the rods start to go.
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Apr 14 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chargecooler rad looks nice.

Good luck, I should see you Saturday.
davegreen
Premium Member

24th Apr 14 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes I will be there Saturday, in this car too!!
will up load photo's in morning as its running now, brakes to bleed, rear anti roll bar to fit, fluids to top up, radio to fit, and a good wash!
davegreen
Premium Member

25th Apr 14 at 05:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted the new chain sets, timed it all up,

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
fitted new uprated oil pump and drive belt tensioner,

[img][/img]
wheeled it out and lifted it on to the chassis mounts,

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
buit up sub frame with new H&R anti roll bar, new lower arms and new drop links,

[img][/img]
then started adding fluids, even a cup of tea for me

[img][/img]
hope to get it finished before it rains later today
davegreen
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 05:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well got it finished and had a good trip down to combe action day, passed mot so on with supercharger!
got manifold on, charger on, injectors in, fuel lines on, alternator on, belt on, planned radhoses.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
djgritt
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 05:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks like a bit of a squeeze!
davegreen
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
That looks like a bit of a squeeze!

I like it tight at the front!
davegreen
Premium Member

11th May 14 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a few hours again today so started by plugging the map sensor hole in the charger, used a 10mm core plug stretched to 10.2mm along with Loctite bearing fit, then fitted the new map sensor in to the manifold.
simple jobs done, so on to the wiring loom which has to be re routed and have some wires lengthend to suit new location of ECU, also fitted new plugs for the z20let injectors, new coolant pump for the charge cooler.
found a green cotton air filter which fits in the space made from moving the ABS unit, not the ideal type or size but it fits! started plumbing up the charge cooler and prerad had to move main radiator back to make way for the new Kenlow 10" fans between the 2 rads.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
looks like fitting air con has gone out the window now, no room for the condenser.
Generation

11th May 14 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remove the crash bar?
davegreen
Premium Member

11th May 14 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could do that but the pre rad is mounted on it
davegreen
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

super charger has to come off
not sure when im going to get time to work on it as work has got very busy so working 7 days a week 12+ hours a day. good for funds bad for playing with the cars.
got these parts today, not bad as I ordered them Monday from USA!

[img][/img]
dual pass end plate, larger coolant pump, magnetic sump plug and oil for the charger.
the reason why it all needs to come off, more power!
Jed D

23rd May 14 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got the bracket for the pump too?
nice work, i enjoy reading this
davegreen
Premium Member

23rd May 14 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bracket is already fitted with smaller pump in it, got this one as its higher flow than standard gm pump.
off work Tuesday so will have time to do some more work and maybe get it running!
its ages till PVS right?
Jed D

24th May 14 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen

its ages till PVS right?

tell me about it haha, not taking my corsa, not 100% happy with it yet, mostly wiring to sort out
davegreen
Premium Member

24th May 14 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got plenty of time now, just had a fall out with my manager so no more work till Wednesday.
given an out side job to do first thing, pouring with rain but hey, then when the sun comes out an in doors job that could have been started first!
still, I can crack on with the corsa now.
davegreen
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 06:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

charger is off, removed manifold to do dual pass mod.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
used a jubilee clip to grip the laminova cores to pull them out, gave them a quick clean fitted new O rings top and bottom then reassembled after turning 2 of the cores around.

[img][/img]
fitted new end plate and refitted to the engine, made a few other mods to the drive belt and plumbed up the new water pump for the charge cooler, started re wiring the front of the engine as I wasn't 100% happy with it trial fitted the radiators and front bumper.
taylorboosh

26th May 14 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all fairness do you think knew it was going to get sunny?
davegreen
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
In all fairness do you think knew it was going to get sunny?

yes as both jobs at work needed to be done by end of the weekend and Sunday's forecast for here was good. didn't matter what order they got done in. by the time I was give the second job the work shop was blocked up and couldn't get the machine in. where as if I started that first there would have been no problem and could have stopped it to do the combine outside once rain stopped. he was being a nob as usuall!
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why does the new cover have a extra hose take off on the inlet?
davegreen
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
So why does the new cover have a extra hose take off on the inlet?

its whats known as dual pass, water goes in the middle passes along the 2 centre cores and back through the upper and lower core and out the top and bottom pipes, on the standard one it goes in the bottom and passes through all 4 cores in turn then exits at the top (quad pass) more cooled water in means cooler air to the engine and more BHP. 10 more is whats claimed!
Jed D

26th May 14 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got thick thermal gaskets on where the charger and inlet bolt on? if not they a good investment to keep it cooler
Warren G

26th May 14 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it has a charge cooler built into the inlet manifold?
davegreen
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes jed, and m8 studs not the standard m6 ones most people use and then suffer from gasket failure due to poor clamping force.
yes warren, standard feature on gm supercharges on these engines I've improved it though!
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get ya. For some reason I'm watching a super charger set up on U.S Ebay.

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video 23 database queries in 0.1979821 seconds