corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Interior Door Handle Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interior Door Handle Problem
Cookieace

User status: Offline
6th Dec 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically my interior door handle decided to stop working so I took off all of the door card and the weatherproofing sheet, basically the rod that leads from the interior door handle to the blue clip, my blue clip has broken (I think) as I put the rod into the blue clip and it just keeps on falling out whenever I test the door handle.

Does anyone know how easy these are to replace and any pictures of your blue clips as well with the rod attached and unattached? I can't find any, anywhere, if anyone knows the part number or where I could pick them up from and to how to attach them that would be great.

Cheers Guys.
tobyc20xe

6th Dec 12 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to a scrap yard and get one bud.
Cookieace

6th Dec 12 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know how easy they are to change, is it a case of just pulling the old blue clip out, I say its broken because everytime I clip it in it pings out when I test to unlock it.

Which is why I was wondering if anyone had a picture of there rod clipped in and then out and also the blue clip itself.

[Edited on 06-12-2012 by Cookieace]
Jamie-C

7th Dec 12 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The blue clip should just pull out if you squeeze the back of it. If the bar is clipping in properly though then the problem is probably elsewhere in the mechanism. Try a clip though, scrap yard won't charge you for it.
Cookieace

7th Dec 12 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I clip the bar into the actual hole in the clip and then pull the door handle, the metal rod pulls itself out of the clip but I think that is due to the clip being broken and so it isn't holding it in place properly.

Jamie-C

7th Dec 12 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get one from the scrappie and see if it sorts it.
Cookieace

7th Dec 12 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers mate, you got a pic of how the rod and clip should actually sit? If not I will have to peel my other side off and see or will check at the scrappies when I go.

New Poll