corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cant get my passenger side door open :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cant get my passenger side door open :(
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jun 12 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a problem with the P/S door on my corsa. The exterior lock started playing up after PVS when it was pulled at the same time as the alarm fob was blipped. It ended up that the exterior handle wouldnt work after but i hadnt got round to fixing it yet because of other problems.

But now the interior handle wont work either! When I push the button on the alarm fob the the door pin just shoots straight back down after you unlock it. I've tried pulling it up by hand but its proper stiff and it still wont come up properly. The inner handles still connected to the lock as I can feel the tension on it still so I think the somethings gone wrong with the lock/catch. The exterior handle feels a lot stiffer than it did before too.

Is it possible to take the door cards off with the door closed?
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's one screw on inside of door card isn't there? Might be able to just pull on it and rip screw through material if you really need too mate.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
There's one screw on inside of door card isn't there? Might be able to just pull on it and rip screw through material if you really need too mate.

Mine hasnt got the ones on the side luckily Dan

Just had another look and I dont think im going to be able to unscrew a couple of the bottom screws on the door pocket because the seats in the way....fuck! Unless I just rag the last couple off but I dont really want to fuck up my leather Cant believe this has happened!

Stoopid car!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be ragging owt mate with the leathers,when i said pull it through material,i forgot you had leathers in

jonnieboy

16th Jun 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the car is unlocked, can you not pull the rubber off the bottom of the window (inside or out) and get something down the edge of the door to pop it open? then you can take your door card off, maybe?
.Matt

16th Jun 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You only need to undo to top screws on the bottom part of the door card to get the top to lift off.
Jamie-C

16th Jun 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Matt said, you only need to undo the screws along the top of the door pocket. If your afraid of damaging the leather you could always take the seats out?
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jonnie I think the problem is that I cant get the door to unlock. Whenever I try to unlock it using the alarm fob the door pin just shoots straight back down into the locked position. I cant pull the door pin up by hand either

Cheers Matt and Jamie thats good to know It was the leather door card I was worried about damaging but it sounds like I should be able to get it off ok now

I'll have a bash at it in the morning and report back. Cheers for the help lads
tom130691
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pull the pin, press the fob and pull the handle all in oe go would be my guess

Generation

17th Jun 12 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to have this problem on mine.

Resolved by constantly lifting handle as pulling on door pin, would work.
Anty
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 01:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

un-bolt seats
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update on this. I can't get the door card off completely but I have managed to pull the top of it back enough so that I can see behind it. The centre locking motor is knackered and isnt popping the lock correctly. Also the metal bar that goes to the exterior door handle has come off which is why thats not working. The inner one is still fully connected luckily.

When it stops raining im going to try to get the exterior door handle off to see if I can get down to the lock that way and pop it by hand.

Nightmare!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bloody hate taking exterior handles off. So fiddly.

shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got the door open thank god! I did what Generation said and got finally managed to pop it

The central locking motor has packed up I think so I'm going to swap it over to a spare manual one for the time being until I can get another one with a motor

Thanks for your help everyone

New Poll