corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Xe on tb's, which management?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xe on tb's, which management?
davegreen
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Nov 12 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the kind of power you are after a flowed head and a good set of cams and remap should get you there and still keep good driveability. be cheaper than bodies to.
Vauxdan88

19th Nov 12 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheaper than new proper car bodies yeah,not bike bodies like I was planning.

Think I will just save the money and put it towards a let instead, sounds like it is going to cost more than I thought so I Spose its not really worth it if I'm going to be spending about a grand on a new engine probably by about middle of next year anyway
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 05:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you find a set of second hand bodies with management time youve had it mapped your best of saving for the let and a few mods for that. maybe put it in sooner?
possy

20th Nov 12 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my bodies and management as a package and its around 2k for every thing you need then get it mapped and away you go mine are qed direct to head with dta s40 pro ecu very good set up never had a prob and i used the car for a daily for 3 years like that too
LeeM

20th Nov 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A properly done tb setup will cots more than an LET, and typically while you do gain some power from itb's usually the max power increase comes from accompanying mods done at the same time the bodies just help get the most from other mods.
craig-dodd

20th Nov 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these might interest someone

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-2-0-16v-MBE-ecu-and-loom-autograss-rallying-/181025899037?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a25fc021d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/autograss-c20xe-dizzy-set-up-/170941453462?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27cce79496

[Edited on 20-11-2012 by craig-dodd]
Vauxdan88

23rd Nov 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't get why people keep going on about proper car bodies like qed,sbd ect, as last said,I think il just save the money for a let anyway,and coz also as previously said, I was never intending on spending that much money in the first place,I said second hand bike bodies,not car bodies!

[Edited on 23-11-2012 by Vauxdan88]
gazza808

23rd Nov 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but bike bodies are pretty wank unless a shit load of time is spent in the kit design an setup,
The usual person just makes a crap stubby manifold and uses the standard quadrant on the linkage and silicon joiners, all crap. But do the job.
Teething problems are bound to come with it also, especially if you try spacing them out etc.
let is better bang for your buck.
Vauxdan88

23rd Nov 12 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough but considerably cheaper than others people are suggesting,though I would get a proper manifold made up. Like you say,better bang for your buck,that's exactly why I'm going to save the money

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Xe on tb's, which management? 22 database queries in 0.0230610 seconds