corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mates with best/worst jobs?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mates with best/worst jobs?
kz

User status: Offline
14th Nov 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best...

Adam - New Car Tester for Ford

He gets to travel all around the world testing out Ford's new cars on different terrains checking new suspension set-ups etc. before retail production. He nearly got me a job with Ford years back, should have gone for it! He had a brand new Focus ST at 19 years old due to their great discounts... although when the Focus RS came out he said it was actually ridiculously expensive so didn't bother!

Worst...

Sarah - Health Care Assistant

Actually works at the same hospital that I do, but whereas I work on machines, she works on cleaning old men's bums. The strangest thing is she absolutely loves it and says she wouldn't change it for the world. She also gets really terrible pay. Each to their own I suppose.
jrdn7

14th Nov 12 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best

Philip - Builds and runs rally cars for a living, makes savage money and is always busy. (This is the job I really want)

Worst

Aisling - Works in a bar, shit wages and works extremely long hours whilst getting abuse from all the drunks.
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Nov 12 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best
myself - work for uk's largest John Deere dealer, get to play with tractors all day long, do dyno runs, remaps, engine rebuilds, panel work, transmittions, joy ride £180k+ tractors, make turbo's glow orange, all such fun and i get paid well for it!

Worst
Edd, best mate - worked for coop as dogs body, stacking shelves, pushing trollies, minimum wage, cleaning up others mess, unsocible hours with no extra pay, cutting hours and changing shifts with no notice.
3CorsaMeal

14th Nov 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best
Dave - Has 7 kids and a wife, claims benefits for kids and also his sore leg illness, which means he stays home selling drugs, taking drugs, drinking alcohol and breeding dogs/cats to sell as well, has a house a people carrier and an 4x4, loves his pc gaming and has a pretty special pc setup, has a big snake in his front room and a tv bigger than mine, he has hundreds of convictions and run-ins with the police, yet is free to sit in his home living his life how he pleases.

Worst
Me - I work for a living
_Allan_

14th Nov 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best

Oliver - Gets to shit in paint tins

Worst

Chloe - Loves dogs and finally got a job. Lasted a day and now has no hands.
3CorsaMeal

14th Nov 12 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst
Hammer - Internet spellchecker
sand-eel

15th Nov 12 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best
Calum - gets paid £700 a week for aspesdos removal.

Worst
Loads of them that work in supermarkets shops etc...worked as a shelf filler years ago myself = utter shite.

James

15th Nov 12 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best
Either me (energy trading consultant) or my friend Laura (producer at Eurosport). Both involve travelling all over the place and doing quite interesting work for pretty good money.

Worst
Can't really think of anyone that has an awful job. Couple of friends have a non-specific office type job which doesn't really appeal to me. But that's down to the individual.

[Edited on 15-11-2012 by James]
John

15th Nov 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best is the gfs brother who gets paid lots of money as an engineer.

Don't know anyone with a specifically terrible job atm.
whitter45

15th Nov 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James what company do you work for
kennySRi

15th Nov 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Best

Worst
Loads of them that work in supermarkets shops etc...worked as a shelf filler years ago myself = utter shite.

Although the pay is bad i stack shelves along with most of my mates and we absolutely love it granted it isnt much of a career and we should all move on but we all have a laugh everyday and seem to be financially ok, whereas we see plenty of people with your average 9-5 job who look like they're lives are fooked

As for the best jobs, i dont know what they do but whenever i see old school mates i have to serve them petrol for their brand new M3s, range rovers, etc and they always wear a suit and look like they're in the money
AK

15th Nov 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are flipsides to perceived job jobs/bad jobs...

'Bad' jobs often involve better hours, and less stress.

Fee has what many would consider as a good job (corporate solicitor), but she works retarded hours and seems to have a lot thrown her way with no notice or planning.

If you were sweeping streets (a 'bad' job) you pretty much just goign to do your times and go home without a care in the world.
Balling
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best
Me - Can't think of a job I'd rather be in right now. Have friends that make more / travel more, which would both be nice, but I have zero interest in what they do.

Worst
Sister in law works at a kindergarten, which I'd hate, but then she loves it, so not really a bad job as such.

Whittie

15th Nov 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best - MS SQL Database constructor / migrater - he gets around £350 an hour, hates the job too, but makes on average 8-10k a week. He's currently part time for a Bank in London, so has loads of spare time. Hence why I say best, loads of money and loads of spare time to spend it.

Worst - Asbestos remover in London tunnels, great money, £1k a week, but terrible job imo. OR manager in co-op, gets so many shit staff, and ends up working their rota and not having time to himself.
A2H GO

15th Nov 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best - Mate whos a contractor for a company based in London on mega money sitting at home making e-learning presentations.

Worst - Mate whos a head chef at Moat House Hotel, he's happy but then he's never known anything other than working 15 hours a day 7 days a week for not great money.
RichR
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best: My Mate who runs his own company, 28 years old, company is valued at £5.5m; he has a great life off the back of it and is now at a position where, although he works hard, he goes to work to play. He has staff for the serious and boring stuff.

Worst: Me - his business was my idea in the pub 10years ago but I went to uni rather than doing what I should have done - Hindsight is a bitch
Sam
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He stole your idea?
Jamie Walby

15th Nov 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RichR
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, we were going to go into business together but then I thought it was a ridiculous idea for two 18 years olds and uni was a better option. He carried on with it and built it up to what it is today

[Edited on 15-11-2012 by LiVe LeE]
Jamie Walby

15th Nov 12 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is it?
Kerry

15th Nov 12 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strip club?
AK

15th Nov 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

15th Nov 12 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a dificult one. Most are mechanics and 2 work for Aviva!

Best -

Probably Stu, although he is a mechanic, he lives in Melbourne!

Worst -

Probably his brother and one of my other mates, they are both mechanics over here!
random dav
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best - probs Geoff who owns Chorley St Garage

worst - dunno, some have non descript office/shop type jobs.

WRLFC !

Project cars
sand-eel

15th Nov 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Best

Worst

Although the pay is bad i stack shelves along with most of my mates and we absolutely love it granted it isnt much of a career and we should all move on but we all have a laugh everyday and seem to be financially ok, whereas we see plenty of people with your average 9-5 job who look like they're lives are fooked

As for the best jobs, i dont know what they do but whenever i see old school mates i have to serve them petrol for their brand new M3s, range rovers, etc and they always wear a suit and look like they're in the money

The actual job was pish but when I was there it was occasionally a good laugh, like wrecking other people "face ups".

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mates with best/worst jobs? 23 database queries in 0.1047981 seconds