corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mates with best/worst jobs?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mates with best/worst jobs?
BluKoo

User status: Offline
15th Nov 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best - I've got a mate who's already quite high up in the oil industry. He's probably on about £100k a year. He had to move to Brazil for a few years, but he stays in Kuala Lumpur now though.

Worst - Another mate in the oil industry. Fair enough the money is good, but the actual work isn't. Stuck on a rig in the middle of the ocean. 96% of people there are guys. You share small cabins with people, work long hours, or sometimes you sit about for days on end doing nothing because you're waiting on a permit. And to top it all off you have to get a chopper there and back, and we all know how those chopper rides have been going recently.
Dan
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
Best - I've got a mate who's already quite high up in the oil industry. He's probably on about £100k a year. He had to move to Brazil for a few years, but he stays in Kuala Lumpur now though.

Worst - Another mate in the oil industry. Fair enough the money is good, but the actual work isn't. Stuck on a rig in the middle of the ocean. 96% of people there are guys. You share small cabins with people, work long hours, or sometimes you sit about for days on end doing nothing because you're waiting on a permit. And to top it all off you have to get a chopper there and back, and we all know how those chopper rides have been going recently.

Totally depends what you do offshore.

My work is offshore based, and everyone loves it. They do 12 hour shifts minmum on holiday cover mainly, but reckon its 100x easier than onshore work. I do mainly onshore atm, and its so easy i feel like im not doing enough, so if offshore is easier, it must be a doddle.

The flying out kinda puts me off, not keen on choppers, but the money makes it worth it. My works really decent though, and fly you up to aberdeen the day before your chopper flight, so you get paid 12 hours for next to nothing before you even begin.

So my mate with the best job would be one i work with now, Hes an offshore worker, earning serious wedge, for very little work.

Mate with the worst job, has to be a lad who works in a pasta factory, he operates a manual press, constantly for 10 hours a day :/

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Rich H

15th Nov 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Best
Calum - gets paid £700 a week for aspesdos removal.

A couple of people I know are asbestos surveyors, and they're also on pretty good money, but imo, sod working with the stuff - the reason you get a good wage is danger money!

After seeing my Grandad die from asbestosis I'd rather earn less tbh.
Dan
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id want more than £700 a week to remove it lol

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Nath

15th Nov 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G gets more than that for doing nothing.
spencer88

15th Nov 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Ben G gets more than that for shaping his eyebrows.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you boys have a problem with ben?

I suggest you u2u Ian
Nath

15th Nov 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
Hammer

15th Nov 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Worst
Hammer - Internet spellchecker

Spell Checker.

Get your 'jokes' right FFS
N16K

15th Nov 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Worst
Hammer - Internet spellchecker

Spell Checker.

Get your 'jokes' right FFS

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mates with best/worst jobs? 23 database queries in 0.0135710 seconds