corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe coolant, what kind?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe coolant, what kind?
TheDane

User status: Offline
14th Nov 12 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

I wanna flush out my coolant system on my new acquired Corsa B 1,4i 16V ecotec. But what kind of coolant liquid should I use?

I seem to remember hearing something about that alloy engines need red coolant liquid, is that true?

And do the additives contain anti freeze as well?

Think of getting one of these:

Total GLACELF AUTO SUPRA, Castrol Antifreeze / Radiocool SF, or Water Wetter. What do you guys recommend?

Cheers

The Dane
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Nov 12 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use vauxhall coolant in all my vauxhalls as its cheeper than most motor factors for 5litre cans. mix it with deiornised water as recomend by most car manufactures not tap water. all ive ever used in the z22se and after 150k miles and changed twice its still clean as inside.
TheDane

14th Nov 12 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well... I haven't got any Vauxhall or Opel dealership around here anymore, so was thinking of some aftermarket coolant instead. But maybe I should just get some vauxhall from online then.

[Edited on 14-11-2012 by TheDane]
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Nov 12 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fare any branded antifreeze/ coolant should be fine. vauxhall stuff is pink in colour for engines with ally heads/blocks.
TheDane

15th Nov 12 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So any of these should be all right for the x14xe? As I assume it's an all alloy engine.

New Poll