corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » no power getting to my c20xe corsa fuel pump

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author no power getting to my c20xe corsa fuel pump
c20xeGJD

User status: Offline
11th Nov 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bought myself a c20xe corsa as a winter project all wires are connected apart from one that i believe it connects to the ignition switch for my relay/pump but no matter what i connect it to still get nothing in the drivers side footwell relay clicks when i connect this one wire to a live and pump runs when i by pass the relay but wont work with ignition no matter where i try it anyone have any ideas on what i could try or where this wire is meant to connect to any help would be very helpful thanks
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th Nov 12 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engine loom are you using? Astra GTE, Cav, Astra or Calibra?

There are 2 switched lives I found on my loom.

One was a black/yellow wire from memory ( it splits out down by the ECU into 3 wires I believe. and goes out to the coil) and then I think the other was the small black wire like normal.

Coming out the fuel pump relay plug you should have a thick red/blue wire (Blue on the early GTE looms)

that runs up to the corsa loom.

It might not be black/yellow but it was black/green or white

Can't quite remember

Caused me a similar problem though

(My loom was an early Astra GTE)

[Edited on 11-11-2012 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Darryl H
Premium Member

11th Nov 12 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I take it your EML isn't coming on?

Stoneyginger
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 05:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a 1.0 shell? if so you will need to bridge the relay behind the glove box
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 05:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or run a wire from the battery positive through to where your wires are and connect it to the black wires you have matched up
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 05:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here on the right you can see the black wire i have connected up, i was having the same problem however i figured out that i had to match up the black wires along with a 3rd wire which i had run to the battery for positive power.
c20xeGJD

12th Nov 12 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not 100% on engine but its the late coil pack so i think astra gsi. its a Vplate 1.2 i have that wire bridged over it the passengers foot well no the EML light is not on. i have a black wire connected from the relay to the ECU i will go out just now and take a pic of what my wiring looks like in the foot well am new to this and still fingering out how to work it thanks for the help so far!
c20xeGJD

12th Nov 12 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant figure out how to put a picture up but i will explain what have the best i can i have the red/blue one for the pump wired up and the red/blue one bridged over through the engine bay connected under the bonnet and run into the passengers footwel i have another 2 red/blue coming out and joining together and going into a black wire connecting to the ECU green one for rev counter connected a red/blue one connect at the switch so i presume that would be to work the pump and relay on/off brown and white for diagnose and the problem wire is RED coming out the relay
Darryl H
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red coming out of the relay should be battery

c20xeGJD

12th Nov 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have tryed connecting it to a live but relay just clicks and pump did not work I will try run it striaght to the battery but would have Thot there would have been enough volts to get the pump going
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take a wire feed straight from the battery to the black wires you have joined and connect them up ill be suprised if it doesnt fire
Generation

12th Nov 12 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does nobody solder things properly anymore?
Jamie-C

13th Nov 12 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putting plugs on makes it easier if you need to take the loom out if need be, nothing wrong with doing it that way. Not as if there twisted together and taped?
Darryl H
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Does nobody solder things properly anymore?

I do

Darryl H
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20xeGJD
I have tryed connecting it to a live but relay just clicks and pump did not work I will try run it striaght to the battery but would have Thot there would have been enough volts to get the pump going

If it clicks you should be getting your EML come on unless it isn't connected?

Also the pump doesn't prime. It only primes when cranking on an XE

[Edited on 13-11-2012 by Darryl H]

Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 05:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wires were like that for checking that it would run before i sorted all that out with proper connections either way solder or not the connections will still work
c20xeGJD

13th Nov 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there just getting joined together in any way just now so i can get it going then going over everything and soldering cutting out any wire thats not needed make it nice and tidy. i have the relay working with the key now but just not the pump i have to run a live from the battery to the pump for it to work so must have a loose connection somewhere between as volt meter is a very low reading at the corsas ECU side.
i will try running a wire from the battery to the black wires when i get a chance tomorrow if i cant find a loose connection i will let you know how i get on! thanks for all the help guys very much appreciated i will get pics up of the project when i know how
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it going yet?
c20xeGJD

16th Nov 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry haven't had much time to get on this and update. Was putting everything back together and broke a fule fitting going onto the fuel rail so waiting for a new one and it should fire up well fingers crossed. Going to have to run a new wire in to the key for the file pump as can't seem to find anywhere where it could be losing power through the loom might just run it to a separate switch and have a cut off switch fan switch and fuel pump switch but not to keen on that idea for a fuel pump

New Poll