corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe corsa fuel pump power feed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe corsa fuel pump power feed
markx14xe

User status: Offline
14th Aug 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can i power the fuel pump up?
because ive tryied to connect a power cable to test it directly from the battery straight to the Thick red/blue fuel pump power feed wire and it dont work any reason for this?

NOTE-my friend made it work once before but cant get hold of him to help me out again.
markx14xe

14th Aug 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this because i need a fuel pump relay?
Robo C20Let

14th Aug 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes u need a relay,

why do you need to test it
markx14xe

15th Aug 10 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i can wire up to run the engine
Robo C20Let

15th Aug 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arent the wires there to begin with (not sounding rude just trying to work out whats going on)

what car and what engine
markx14xe

15th Aug 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some one has messed about with it
Robo C20Let

16th Aug 10 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine
markx14xe

17th Aug 10 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
what engine

are you joking
Ste
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 05:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly I'd go about testing the basics at the pump. Unplug it and test for a ground. If you have this, then see if you get a feed. With the ignition on you should see about 13.5V from a healthy battery.

If you have both of these present, then I would be looking at taking the pump out as it may be siezed.

If you don't have feed to it, check the fuse first. If the fuse is ok then have a check on the shock sensor. I'm not 100% on a vaux engine, but on lots of cars there is a button, usually under the bonnet that once senses a sudden jolt cuts the power to the fuel pump in case you are in a crash.

If this is tripped, push it in to reset. If it isn't, or doesn't have one then find out how a vauxhall deals with this situation. It isn't really adviseable to just prod wires from the battery into a fuel pump without protection. if they spark, or should I say, when they spark, you will get a nice explosion from petrol vapours and you'll die. the connection at the pump should always be made first, then using a fused supply, connect it to the battery. if the pump powers up, you will need to take a feed from the ignition, to a relay and the one from the battery into the relay and out to the pump. this is a very rudeamentary way of doing it and obviously, the other routes should yeald some success before you need to resort to doing that.

Hope this helps, as this is the route of fault finding I'd go down.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Robo C20Let

17th Aug 10 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by markx14xe
quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
what engine

are you joking

god arrr i forgot about the thread title lol

New Poll