corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Matts Toyota Soarer daily...Shes home...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Matts Toyota Soarer daily...Shes home...
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
1st Jul 13 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Omg dont sell your advans, that will lower the value of mine
Mattb

1st Jul 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who said anything about selling the Advans?

They are going on it... after them, when i have some ££ it will be the ES6 - and the advans will be track wheels...
taylorboosh

1st Jul 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you buy my advans too...?

Dont suit the evo
Mattb

1st Jul 13 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad times.... but i dont need 8... lol

They should sell easily.. never seem to hang around for long on driftworks
thegsi

2nd Jul 13 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I LOVE this car
Mattb

27th Oct 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, its been a while since i updated this.. done a few bits recently..

First off was a common Soarer issue. The wiring loom for the front end lighting runs in a plastic conduit underneath the drivers side chassis leg. Low Soarers tend to rub into and through the wiring. I thought mine wasnt low enough to do this... apparently i was wrong.. the give away being the dipped beam flickering on and off with the lights switched off! lol

The damage

So i tore that all apart, cut the loom, extended it to run above the chassis leg

Rewrapped and secured above the chassis leg, out of harms way

Following on from that i replaced the blown LED sidelight bulbs with some normal bulbs from an A8 - purely as they give a slightly whiter light than a standard bulb. The took a machine polisher to them (spot the boo boo )

Before

After

I have also obtained a second bixenon projector, so i can slowly get to modifying and fitting the lights

Left - Standard A3 Bixenon Center - Standard Soarer halogen projector Right - Hybid bixenon to fit into Soarer lamp

Lastly, and probably most importantly i have finally fitted my Super Advans! But only the fronts for now.. im not happy with the tyres for the rear and i dont want to got for a thinner tyre (would be 255 on a 9j and would need a 235 probably)

So, rocking my 225/40/18 Pradas on the 9J advans with 25mm hubcentric spacers - fit looks good, just had to bin the arch liners and bend the tabs so they dont scrub

Spacers

And onto the car with the wheels

Next up, most likely in the spring is an exhaust and sorting out something for the rear wheels

[Edited on 27-10-2013 by Mattb]
Mattb

13th Nov 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, yesterday i had a little bit of a mishap... drove into an industrial estate in Harrow yesterday, not paying huge amounts of attention to be greeted by a fricking huge bang and the car stopping violently... after the panic subsided and i saw the engine was still running, i realised the exhaust sounded a little on the loud side... ok, so loud doesnt quite describe the noise. War may better describe it better. Jumped out the car and took a look underneath to see literally the entire exhaust system on the floor, just held on by the rear silencer rubbers.
Somehow i had managed to drive over the gate stopper and rip the exhaust off just after the turbos. Thankfully a friends garage was on the industrial estate, so managed to get the car in the air and remove the system.

Next issue was getting the car back to work in Watford. There was only really one option. Drive. How i didnt get pulled over is beyond me, drove past one police car and was followed for about a mile by a police van.. anyway, got the car back to work, and made some calls. Replacement exhaust system, 3 inches from turbos sourced from Garage D. And because i cant be arsed to deal with it i have asked them to fit it too.. should be back on the road friday!

Moral of the story.. the cars low.. dont drive over stuff

[Edited on 13-11-2013 by Mattb]
taylorboosh

13th Nov 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you fitting the rear advans?
Mattb

14th Nov 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure.. needs spacers and tyres.. but at the moment getting it back on the road is a priority
Mattb

15th Nov 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well picked it up today.. turned out to be a little more work than anticipated. First up a bit of miscommunication, they didnt realise i needed a new downpipe, and thought it would be a 20 min bolt up job and done. Thankfully they had a used downpipe laying around which the kindly fitted for me. Next up was the bracket on the gearbox that attached to the exhaust.. mine was ripped off, so they fabricated a new one for me to suit the new system.

Overall im very happy. the tail pipe is a little excessive, but the tone and volume are spot on. very quiet at idle and general cruising, and a decent noise on boost. Just need to reset my boost controller now at it hit the fuel cut when i floored it on the way back to work..

My instagram pics from today...

Mattb

14th Dec 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So my run of bad luck seems to be continuing. Out of absolutely no where my power steering pump has developed a horrible noise, almost like it has no fluid in it. Checked the level, all ok, but i have noticed that there is loads of air in the fluid, im hoping that a seal has popped somewhere on the feed side drawing air into the system.. if not it may be time to rebuild the PAS pump. bad times
Mattb

1st Feb 14 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't updated in a while, sorted the PAS problem by rebuilding the power steering pump. Thankfully Toyota still carry stock in the UK for this so didnt take an eternity for the rebuild kit to arrive. The Bonus to this was it also cured the PAS leak

Just ordered some bits and bobs so there should be another update soon, i have on the way
A pair of Federal 595RSR for the back, so i will be fitting the super advans on the rear

A 30mm adjustable whiteline anti roll bar for the front

so i think i will spend a day at work and probably service the thing at the same time. I also need to rebuild one of the rear calipers as its seized either that or find some supra rear brakes to match the front

Mattb

8th Feb 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So all my crap arrived during the week... very exciting

First up was the whiteline 30mm Front anti roll bar, just need to sort some bushes for it

Also been a little homo an bought a nice purple tow strap

Bought some Federal 595 RSR for the rear - not sure how much of a good idea that was midway through winter

and wrapped some stuff in camo vinyl - the fuel flap was green to begin with anyway..

and the center coins for the super advans

Then had the joy of fitting the super advans to the rear (finally!) arches need some work after fitting 25mm spacers too, but i am happy

Rear brakes are up next, along with fitting the whiteline roll bar, four wheel alignment and suspension fiddling. Probably a service too
taylorboosh

8th Feb 14 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me i do still love those wheels

Looking good
taylorboosh

8th Feb 14 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id get an espace splitter
Ben G

8th Feb 14 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking job, although would prefer wheels in a lighter/brighter colour.

Pixelated Camo wrap is cool.
Robin
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes! Regret selling mine still even though I have no car to attach them to!
taylorboosh

9th Feb 14 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me too
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have fun with the RS-r's they are great when it's dry.
Mattb

9th Feb 14 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with the wheel colour.. black on black isnt really my thing. They will change in colour eventually, still toying with bronze or even purple

The RSR's should be interesting with the weather we have been having!
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're bad enough on a FWD Corsa. When it's really wet, I can spin both front wheels in 5th.
Mattb

9th Feb 14 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm corsa spinning up in 5th in the wet..... Fills me with confidence that does! I'm sure I'll be fine.... 350ish bhp isn't that much anyway
Mattb

17th Feb 14 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got bored again.....

Jambo

18th Feb 14 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it, really suits the car
taylorboosh

18th Feb 14 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Matts Toyota Soarer daily...Shes home... 23 database queries in 0.0192430 seconds