corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Matts Toyota Soarer daily...Shes home...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Matts Toyota Soarer daily...Shes home...
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
2nd Dec 12 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just sold my set of them, only 15s though really wish I hadn't as it took me forever to find them
Mattb

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just won them.. 18x10 but I'm unsure of the offset.. I worked it out as being a very weak -43 so looks like ill need some spacers. At least 25mm or so to bring them out.. Just need to pick them up from Orpington
Mattb

2nd Dec 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, just got the wheels home, they aren't 10j but 9j which is a touch gay. Plus the paint on them is dreadful! Offset is mega weak also, -42.. So I need some hubcentric spacers, just need to figure out the width. Maybe 30mm??
And I'm unsure that my 255 rear tyres will go on and not look daft.
On the plus side they were only £330
GB123
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keeping them black?
Mattb

2nd Dec 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, maybe a daft colour to brighten up the winter months? Green maybe? Lol really don't know
GB123
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah would look good i reckon, good thing about the car being black any colour goes with it.
Mattb

4th Dec 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted my strut brace today after a lick of paint, also took a random picture also
For some reason the brace looks photoshopped to me..
And also excuse the general crapness of the dark pics...

Mattb

9th Feb 13 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got around to giving the old girl some love over the past couple of saturdays that i have worked (the afternoons are dead!!)

First up the boot struts were fitted allowing this amazing magic trick to be performed! Took all of 10 mins which was nice

Absolute filth bag!! lol

This afternoon was spent replacing the rear brakes - actually properly warped the nearside rear brake disc, could feel the distortion with your fingers! This resulted in the horrible howling noise when driving much like a duff wheel bearing, but braking from high speed was worse! The noise was so loud and the whole car felt as though it was going to fall apart! Never had that with brakes before! But £64 later (after mates rates at eurocar parts ) I had new rear brakes and no more noise

Old vs New

Joy

Gave it a quick oil change also was suprised at how little oil it holds for 6 cylinder - about 5.3 litres or so

Lastly fitted some nice shiney superpro steering rack bushes - it suffered from a little wheel wobble at high speeds and this seems to have improved things and the steering seems a touch more positive. Only down side is that i got a massive chuck of shite in my eye when i undid the first bolt so ended up looking like a numpty finishing the job in my yellow tint safety glasses!

These two were a bit of a git to get in - especially the top one as there was an apparent lack of space - got there in the end with a little lateral thinking

She also recieved a wash, but is already filthy - poxy winter roads!

For now thats it. I have few things lined up for the near future..
Going to be taking a leaf out of Jambos book and attempting a headlamp build making use of Audi A3 Bixenon projectors
Hoping to get the super advans refurbed and some spacers so i can get them on the car - they will be going matt gunmetal grey
Going chav tastic with a nice cone filter - not loving the HKS one i have.. however i am hoping to make a semi decent inclosure for the cone filter when i get one
Also contemplating biting the bullet and ordering some new rear lights - the ones i want seem to be rather difficult to get hold of!
GB123
Premium Member

9th Feb 13 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gunmetal grey/silver is definitely the best colour for the super advans, will look good.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Feb 13 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a tutorial on how to make a really good enclosed filter for these on the forum
Also loving the superadvans. Got a set on my civic I'm about to sell in BMW Sepang bronze, the colour suits them!
Mattb

18th Feb 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
There is a tutorial on how to make a really good enclosed filter for these on the forum
Also loving the superadvans. Got a set on my civic I'm about to sell in BMW Sepang bronze, the colour suits them!

Pics on bronze.... and damn you! thought i had made my mind up!

I think i have seen the tutorial, possibly on planet soarer, the auz site? wanted to go along the same lines but with a cone filter
Eck
Premium Member

18th Feb 13 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a uk one but I can't remember the name I'll put the pic up on wed when I can get to my computer

[Edited on 18-02-2013 by Eck]
Eck
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sepang

[Edited on 19-02-2013 by Eck]
kedowan

19th Feb 13 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are cool.. I think Rota GTR's suit just about every JAP car lol.. cool wheels like!
Mattb

20th Feb 13 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously Eck... thats so un helpful! now i want bronze again!! i swear im worse than a woman!

The two uk websites I know of are soarer world and LSOC - both of which are dead most of the time.

I joined up with club lexus in the states, quite a lively forum with lots of interesting threads etc
Jambo

20th Feb 13 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Matt, headlights plastic or glass??
Mattb

20th Feb 13 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plastic dude so they will be going in the oven and split and played with
kedowan

20th Feb 13 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just leaving this here
Mattb

20th Feb 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw the build on driftworks for it.... so so so cool, completely impractical, but so damn cool!
Mattb

2nd Mar 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got a pair of front tyres the other week and a set of spiggot rings as they were missing - took a trip to R-Tec in St Albans for those, not been there in years! Epic price on the tyres and spot of guessing of the spiggot ring size

Pair of new Yoko Parada spec 2's - nice and grippy, im very happy with them

And not wanting to waste the money i spent on the tyres I took the time to actually wheel align the car rather than just pretending its all ok!

Didn't seem to bad to begin with, centered the steering wheel, and adjusted up the rear with 2 degrees negative camber, then onto the front......

Centering the steering wheel showed up a massive misaligned toe...

Set up the camber both sides to 1 degree 50 minutes and the toe was sooooo far out!

Happy days

Drives so much better now!

Also took a Trip to Garage D while i was in Watford - this was a bad bad bad bad bad bad idea... i only went in to maybe get some replacement rear lights, had a nosey around at the insane amount of parts they have from broken up cars and left with my head hurting from all the things i could buy from there!
I may go back in a week or so and possibly buy an exhaust system they have off a soarer.
Just wish i had £3.5k also as they have a complete V160 6 speed manual conversion in stock.. they are going to bankrupt me!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THAT SOARER IS GREY, I LIKE

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Mattb

6th Mar 13 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, the front brakes have now bitten the dust - one seized caliper and a warped disc with the pads rapidly aproaching the backing plate i took another trip out to Garage D to see what the suggested..

Discussed K-Sport brakes was looking at 356mm discs with 8 pot calipers - but apparently the quality of the calipers isnt all that, and they dont have dust seals on the caliper pistons - which with the crap we have on our roads and the vast amount of wet weather we seem to get, it made them a poor choice for an everyday car.

So i ended up ordering a pair of new Supra TT four pots, EBC discs and Yellow stuff pads, should also be getting some goodrich or similar flexis..

My wallet hurts!

Mattb

19th Mar 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally my brakes have arrived, after a long ass wait for the brake flexi's

Brand spankers Supra 4 pots (cheap IMO at £216 each)

EBC grooved and dimpled discs - 323mm x 30mm

EBC yellow stuff pads - never used these, hopefully they will be decent

HEL braided brake lines - mega bargain i think for these £57 for all 4

Need to get my ass in gear and fit them, hopefully this Saturday, but i need to get the pad shims from Toyota first
GB123
Premium Member

19th Mar 13 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice, when you fitting the super advans then?
Mattb

19th Mar 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still need to get them refurbed - would have been on ages ago if i didnt have to replace all the brakes and tyres! Think all that has set me back £1500 over the past couple of months!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Matts Toyota Soarer daily...Shes home... 24 database queries in 0.0163682 seconds