corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MIDGE

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MIDGE
VINCEYBOY

User status: Offline
9th Oct 12 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scene? what? how?
Ben G

9th Oct 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, it's a bit different

those spacers seem to have been fed some sort of steroid. are they safe?
chrisritch

9th Oct 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like where this thread is going
chrisritch

9th Oct 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also im confused, Is it black, yellow or purple?
Jed D

9th Oct 12 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must admit i love the matt black look but not too sure on all the stickers etc..

sorry just read you've removed them now

[Edited on 09-10-2012 by Jed D]
flybikeslee

9th Oct 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toss
Liam-Wilko

9th Oct 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were you from buddy? if ya not to far away you can come collect this star silver spoiler its got the base place its free if you want it and close enough to collect

[Edited on 09-10-2012 by Liam-Wilko]
VINCEYBOY

9th Oct 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam-Wilko
were you from buddy? if ya not to far away you can come collect this star silver spoiler its got the base place its free if you want it and close enough to collect

[Edited on 09-10-2012 by Liam-Wilko]

waterlooville area, portsmouth aint too much of a treck at all for me.

will it go striaght on?
VINCEYBOY

9th Oct 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
toss

thanks mate.
VINCEYBOY

9th Oct 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
i like where this thread is going

haha cheers!

it's matt black with a silvery grey bonnet, checkered roof, and a blue (faded to purple) boot. but that's only blue because i haven't painted it yet lol
VINCEYBOY

9th Oct 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

yeah i did the maths people run a LOT worse than this with no problems at all, but as i say, bandeds on the front when they come, then spacers on the rear.
tom130691
Premium Member

9th Oct 12 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VINCEYBOY
quote:

yeah i did the maths people run a LOT worse than this with no problems at all, but as i say, bandeds on the front when they come, then spacers on the rear.

your putting alot more load through everything, simple principles of leverage

will munch bearings, imo looks stupid and will look worse with massive arches you will legaly need to cover the tyres
VINCEYBOY

10th Oct 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
quote:
quote:

your putting alot more load through everything, simple principles of leverage

will munch bearings, imo looks stupid and will look worse with massive arches you will legaly need to cover the tyres

As much as i'm prepared to accept constructive critisism ... Go away. there is no difference AT ALL in running spacers compared to running low offset wheels, providing hubcentric bolt on spacers are used. i respect your opinion on not liking the look of it, but it's a project thread not a showroom. and this car isnt design to please anyone but the driver. The fact that you don't like it makes me like it even more quite frankly.

AND even if I did accept that running 2 of these spacers on the rears was bad for my car (and i'm not saying I do) you arent really in a position to critisize. your corsa look i dunno 70mm lowered? the amount of stress your driveshaft in under, because it is now sitting at completely the wrong angle is doing far more expensive (and irreversible) damage to your car than munching 2 bearings.

And please dont lecture me on legalities on cars I've been working at an MOT center for 3 years now. i know the rules mate.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 12 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then youl know that the tread cant protrude outside the lines of the car.

so when you buying the arches?
Gary
Premium Member

10th Oct 12 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trolololololol @ wheels being legal!

If thats whats 'cool' nowadays i'm glad im not down with the kids.
tom130691
Premium Member

10th Oct 12 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

AND even if I did accept that running 2 of these spacers on the rears was bad for my car (and i'm not saying I do) you arent really in a position to critisize. your corsa look i dunno 70mm lowered? the amount of stress your driveshaft in under, because it is now sitting at completely the wrong angle is doing far more expensive (and irreversible) damage to your car than munching 2 bearings.

And please dont lecture me on legalities on cars I've been working at an MOT center for 3 years now. i know the rules mate.

pretty sure youll find the idea of the universal joint is to allow drive at various angle, by lowering the car i have decreased the angle,

if you had said put the drive shaft in to compression i would have to agree, but you didnt

i do calculations and FEA analysis on suspension systems ect at uni, imo my set up is alot less likey to do and serious wear than yours

please explain how im doing more irreversible damage to mine by lowering it?, with up graded suspension designed to take more load than i will ever put on it? im genuinely interested in the harm im doing to my precious auto mobile

Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 12 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some driveshafts do have max imum advised angles in their spec.

for example ford driveshafts are no greater than 45 degrees at the inner end and 70 degrees at the outer, outside this you put wear on the cv joints, iv seen people go through cvs for having their car too low, and lowering say 70+ degrees does tend to put them outside spec, however this isnt exclusive to all cars

however it wont harm your driveshaft as he claimed

[Edited on 10-10-2012 by Steve]
VINCEYBOY

10th Oct 12 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv'e read everything you've all had to say, I've taken it all in and decided that i haven't explained my plans to you very well. The photo is of a trial fitment in my drive. I didn't even torque the wheels up. My car is on the road at the moment with no spacers. The arches have been ordered and should be here on monday, if not this friday.

Shit of it is, if i'm damaging my car, meh, it's a throughaway car anyway. something else will definately brake on it before i do any bearing damage. All i meant was by lowering a car you are putting all of the geometry outside the range they are designed to work effectively in and last the longest in. That said if you do it properly the pros will far outweigh the cons. and i'm sure if you are doing calculations and FEA analysis on suspension systems ect at uni then your set up is probably spot on and you know you have no need to worry about damaging your car. I didn't mean to piss anyone off or slag off anyones cars.

I'm probably lowering my car in the next month too so i'm not hating on lowered cars either

and what does FEA stand for anyway?
VINCEYBOY

10th Oct 12 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One more thing, let's not hate on each others cars because they arent to our own taste, i see some very ugly cars on forums but i keep my opinions to myself if i have nothing constructive of nice to say.

Lets all be friends.
VINCEYBOY

10th Oct 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ayone lowered a b 60mm on standard size wheels? come by some 60mm springs and shocks cheap.

Will 60mm look really low? i'm trying to imagine what it'll look like. i just dont want it to look really low and fragile looking. if you know what i mean.
tom130691
Premium Member

10th Oct 12 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FEA - Finite Element Analysis

basic terms you make the part in catia then add loads to the part and the software will calculate if the part will fail and show visual representation

quick google image to show you

VINCEYBOY

10th Oct 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh okay, so stress points and things like that? smart. What degree are you doing? I'm at college so i'm just wondering really tbh.
tom130691
Premium Member

10th Oct 12 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you compare the stress to the material data base CES and see if it will fail ect,

MOTORSPORT ENGINEERING
FAZ
Premium Member

10th Oct 12 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CATIA, SHIT JUST GOT REAL

car has illegal written all over it bro, better fix up look sharp
FAZ
Premium Member

10th Oct 12 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are u mike brewer and is this wheeler dealers?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MIDGE 23 database queries in 0.1012490 seconds