corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sky multiroom and phonelines

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky multiroom and phonelines
John

User status: Offline
19th Sep 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your channel list like Brett, I've got a couple of months old sorted by categories one.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mine's in catagories, Movies, Sports, Music, etc. but rather than alphabetical when inside a catagory (which is how it was given to me and how the box does it if you click sort) I've sorted things into a more logical way, i.e. BBC One, Two, Three, Four, ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, Channel 4, E4, More 4, 4seven, etc, etc, obviously with all the corresponding +1's.

I've also removed any SD channel that is available in HD as it was pissing me off the mrs keep picking the SD versions and it looking pants on the 60" TV I've also added additional HD channels my guy hadn't picked up on like Dave HD for example, plus added new channels like 4seven.

Also had a catagory setup solely for the Olympics with like 30 HD live stream channels in it, although that's kinda redundant now.

Basically it's all in the order we're used to in the UK, in HD and grouped in a more logical fashion than a little china man would do. I'll take a dump of it and upload it if you want.

[Edited on 19-09-2012 by Brett]
Gary
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds pretty good brett but i'm stuck with sky for the time being but i'm interested. Definatly post pics!
WATSON

19th Sep 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett, I had nothing but freezing/glitching ect on the openbox.

Had not one problem on the skybox F3
John

19th Sep 12 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My openbox is fine in that respect, think mine is genuine though.
ljames555

19th Sep 12 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you use a existing sky satellite dish?
Brett
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get any problems on mine either, apart from it dying the other week, but I suspect that was done by my daughter Covered with 12 month warranty anyway

I got my camera out before then wondered what it was I was actually gonna take pics of Just ended up taking an example of my modified channel list and some of the categories and channels we get. Didn't even photo the movie channels because there's a shit load of them lol

[Edited on 19-09-2012 by Brett]
Brett
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ljames555
Do you use a existing sky satellite dish?

Yep and you get everything possible you can get on sky including box office

If you wanna be pro you can get a motorised dish. The chinese dude was showing me his and he can pick up stuff from other countries too. I wondered what the point in watching Italian sky would be for example since it's in another language, but you can actually change the audio feed to english anyway I've got more than enough with just connecting to the one satellite mind
Gary
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Display has nothing on sky but I'm guessing if your not tight better hardware would sort that?
John

19th Sep 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better hardware would yip, worst thing about the openbox is the UI, it really is pish.
Gary
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody botherd to rip off skys ui then?

It dosent look very female friendly
Brett
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the interface is like something you'd get on a £10 freeview box, no doubting that, but yeah, spend a couple of hundred and you're getting a better box with EPG, etc. I was going to upgrade the downstairs box and stick the openbox in the bedroom at some point.
WATSON

20th Sep 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats one thing I need to sort on the F3 is the channel list

Since changing box's I've done fuck all about a new channel list
Gary
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can the boxes be programmed via PC or do you have to piss about with the remote?
WATSON

20th Sep 12 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a port to connect them to a PC but setting them up is piss easy once you know what you are doing. Take's less than 5 minutes setting up with the remote

[Edited on 20-09-2012 by WATSON]
Brett
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, or you can just upgrade via usb stick and upload other peoples channel lists.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh fair enough. Might get one for the bedroom ao have a play with. Whats the score with the cards?
Brett
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no cards, you basically enter a newcamd server address with user/pass that you pay for which will decode the channels via your internet connection. I suppose that's a main point, the box MUST have internet.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haz interwebs so its OK.

It doesn't stream via internet though does it?
WATSON

20th Sep 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I haz interwebs so its OK.

It doesn't stream via internet though does it?

Will need connected to internet to view tv for the pay channels. so yes you can say it does stream via the internet. Pick a good pay server and you see no problems

What internet connection do you have?
Gary
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FTTC
Brett
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's doesn't stream content through the internet, that's via the dish as normal, the internet is just used to decode the channels. But as Watson said, pick a good server, otherwise it'll stutter and all sorts, it's decrypting via the internet constantly when on paid channels. If you were to pull the ethernet cable out it'd literally freeze on the spot.

[Edited on 20-09-2012 by Brett]
Rob_Quads

20th Sep 12 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do sky not serve take down notices on the IP address providing the decryption?

How often do you need to get new servers?
Gary
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And what sort of bandwidth does it take up?
WATSON

20th Sep 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can pay monthly ever 3 month or yearly.

Gary, No idea tbh never really looked into that, wouldnt take too much up id have thought

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll