corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B X10 Project

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B X10 Project
ArdenblueDan

User status: Offline
1st Oct 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great progress buddy
Johnjourno

1st Oct 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found last night that my blowers arent 'blowing', I presume that connector is something to do with the speed switch, or to the motor
Johnjourno

1st Oct 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still need to do the tailgate loom and the passenger door internals so I have central locking there too and electric windows, and will be buying mirrors at a later date, and getting the rust sorted
Johnjourno

3rd Oct 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking about getting some 15" Corsa steel wheels from a Corsa C, views?
ArdenblueDan

4th Oct 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get corsa c sxi alloys personally I'm rocking Williams Clio steelies at the moment they're quite wide too lol
Johnjourno

4th Oct 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a fan of them, I like the Astra Sport 15" alloys, which are nigh on the same as the Corsa Exclusiv one's, but I'm not paying daft money for them
ArdenblueDan

5th Oct 12 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about some Tigra alloys or even some vw alloys?
Johnjourno

5th Oct 12 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had arranged to buy some Tigra alloys but never got round to sorting them, so I presume that I've missed them, to be truthful, I was thinking that I'd be better off putting steelie's on for the upcoming months, and saving to get it lowered first
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work mate Lowering and wheels really do sort a car out so either is a good place to start

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
ArdenblueDan

5th Oct 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully I get some coilovers soon then I might have some h&r springs going cheap but ill keep you posted dude
Johnjourno

7th Oct 12 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fit new rear wheel bearings today, went for a run, loads better, no rumble at all, just road noise (I still haven't refit the interior) but everytime I come to a standstill and go to pull away, the NSR brake is dragging, got home and jacked it up, gave it all a check and it's the handbrake cable not returning, it appeared to be the nylon guide on the rear beam, so I stripped it down, cleaned it and greased it up, no better, handbrake goes on, and doesn't return until you give it a little tug, cable? Can I remove the cable from the outer casing and grease it?
Johnjourno

8th Oct 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to have resolved itself, must have just been the nylon guide bedding back in
Johnjourno

10th Nov 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, not much to report here, got the welding done, interior back in after pressure washing the carpet

My current dilemma is thqat the car I took the wiring from was a GLS which came with a drivers airbag, I have decided to not fit this to mine, and didn't fit the SRS control unit or the steering wheel and rotary coupling to run it, but this then leaves me the issue of no horn, so I need to check out which wire is for the horn and adapt it so I can have a horn, as since doing this conversion I have had endless ammounts of people cutting me up, pulling out on me etc etc and I have no horn

I am currently looking for an Astra GTE steering wheel or Cav GSI etc steering wheel, as it would be a vast improvement to the standard 2 spoke one, I don't like the 3 spoke Corsa GSi one, and I think the Astra MK3 Sport on is ok, but I'd prefer a GTE on, preferably the Gav one as I think it just has the Vauxhall badge and not GTE in the middle

Other plans include sourcing a Corsa Sport interior, as the grey interior is starting to look rather dirty on the passenger seat due to damp

Another plan is possibly to fit an Astra GTE digi dash, but I need to find out what is required to fit it
Johnjourno

17th May 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beena long time, but here's an update, possibly not all in the correct order, but here goes

Rear seat releases keep falling apart, so I'm currently using one

Bought an uncut Stealth Shelf, for £15, bargain

Dipstick tube snapped flush to the block, so I plugged it with Quiksteel

Got some tailor fit mats off Evilbay, tidies up the interior

Can't remember if I mentioned it before, handbrake was dragging, turned out to be the nylon guide on the rear beam being full of crap and not letting the cable return

Still haven't fit the tailgate loom...

New wipers and went a size bigger on both, works fine

Exhaust 'snapped'. It was the front/centre pipe joining sleeve, had rotted and separated over a bump, fit a new centre pipe and sleeve

Water pump

Took it for MOT (my first under ownership) and passed, kinda, no horn, had forgot about that, no fog light, didn't know about that, turns out I put the plug in upside down when I fit the loom, and the front discs were shot but met efficiency, that was all, so I was impressed

Oh, fit a rad when I first started losing coolant as it had a light seep, but turned out to be the water pump too (as above)

Was at my local breakers yesterday, and they had a SXI in with new discs and pads, I know most on here would say waste of time, but I needed brakes, and currently short on cash so at £35 for discs, pads, carriers, hoses and black painted calipers was a steal

I think that's all at the mo, more will probably come to me but I'll update later if it does, need to make more progress
WukaChop

17th May 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate in case you didn't find out, I think that connector is for the multi function display, original Vauxhall radios showed all the radio info on it.
Johnjourno

22nd Jun 13 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently having a problem with wanting to run a non airbag steering wheel on a loom which originally had an airbag, anyone help?

I started a thread on the Help page but not got anywhere yet

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=656521&pid=8756959#
Johnjourno

20th Oct 14 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so the Corsa has been sat for a while now, been contemplating selling it, as it would be a good source of spares, or to fix it and use it again.

I might be able to get a Z12 motor, anyone put one into a Corsa B? I am under the impression the engines are nigh on the same, only real difference being a plastic rocker cover, can anyone shed light on this?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B X10 Project 24 database queries in 0.0163019 seconds