corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B X10 Project

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B X10 Project
CORSAguy93

User status: Offline
19th Sep 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

two of my absolute fav colours, rio verde pearl and cypress mica. definately following this.
Johnjourno

19th Sep 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I really fancied a set of smoked rear laps, I can't remember what they are called, I'm not up on my Vauxhalls, but most people on here have them, so I won a set of clear rear lights, hopefully I'll be collecting them tonight or tomorrow, and I hope they come with bulbs or I'm going nowhere with them
Johnjourno

19th Sep 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£14.53 and also in Middlesbrough

(His picture)
ArdenblueDan

19th Sep 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good dude are you leaving them as is or tinting them and are the lights your on about mhw's by any chance
BeetleGav

19th Sep 12 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need tinting for sure
Johnjourno

19th Sep 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I daren't do them, gonna leave them as is for now, see how they look, and will probably end up with MHW's
ArdenblueDan

20th Sep 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mhw's would look great dude
Johnjourno

23rd Sep 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much to update with, well, I need to delete eBay off my phone, as I spend money I don't have

I bought this, thought I might as well for £2 delivered

I made a big mistake at the breakers yard, I remember people saying that to fit clocks to a non rev counter car, you need to run a cable from the footwell or something, so I thought I'd cut the clocks connector off at the yard so I can use one of the terminals, make a neat job of it, but after I had got home with the in car loom, realised I will need the dash loom too, so today I have grabbed the old man and he has resoldered it all together, he's brill my old man

He has had far more practice and does a far neater job than me

The only things I have done so far in progress with the Corsa is I've fitted the full drivers door loom, electric window motor, and central locking latch and handle backplate. Anyone looking at fitting the central locking from another Corsa, you need the back plate as the linkeage is different as they have 2 positions, unlike the standard one which returns to central. I have also fitted the lower door trim which incorporated the window switch, and fit the tweeter and mirror switch too, drivers door is done!

I have bought another set of rear lights, as the price was good, not MHW's either, gotta pay for them, and wait for the missus to kick off
ArdenblueDan

23rd Sep 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hide them and say youve had them for ages lmao
Johnjourno

23rd Sep 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done that with guitars and mountain bikes and parts for 4 years, I haven't had the car long enough to say I've had them for ages, she doesn't know I have the clear ones yet
ArdenblueDan

23rd Sep 12 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hide the clear ones and then just swap the new ones over lol say you found them or they were a freebie lmao
Johnjourno

23rd Sep 12 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone seems to have had practice at this
Johnjourno

23rd Sep 12 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've finished flicking through that Max Power guide, might have a go at the side mount amp, and I am going to practice some colour coding next week, might as well if I'm taking the full interior out huh?
Johnjourno

25th Sep 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am stuck for things to do now with all this rain, gutted, I need a dry 2 days to rip out the full interior and dash, and fit the rack, column, and full loom, all I can do is sit on eBay and try to resist spending a lot of money

I might start prepping my spare boot handle for colour coding, anyone use halfords paint and got a good colour match?
ArdenblueDan

26th Sep 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had lots of practice at this lmao
Johnjourno

26th Sep 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, jump in your car, avoid all the floods and come give me a hand or guidance if you like
Brannaz

27th Sep 12 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha I was watching them clear lights on ebay decided not to bother, personally I would tint them tbh, wont take long to rip your interior out mate it doesnt take long when you know where all the torex bits are, most bits are either T25s or phillips screwdrivers if all are original
Johnjourno

27th Sep 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brannaz
haha I was watching them clear lights on ebay decided not to bother, personally I would tint them tbh, wont take long to rip your interior out mate it doesnt take long when you know where all the torex bits are, most bits are either T25s or phillips screwdrivers if all are original

You'll be glad you didn't buy them, the lad who I bought them off has somehow managed to damage near enough every mounting bolt, I think there is only 2 left on, and I'll have to try to repair the others from my own back lights, got a different set in the post now
Johnjourno

27th Sep 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todays update is, full interior out (apart from the dash)

I have fit the wiring that runs to both front doors, and I am about halfway through the car, upto the fuel pump plug now, the new loom has a fair few more earths, so they will need sorting tomorrow, some soldering to do for the fuel pump wiring (as I'm not dropping the tank) and then all that is left is the tail lights and tailgate wiring, that should be everything

I am yet to find out if my current dash loom will power my electric windows, or if the dash loom is rubbish too and missing a load of vital wiring, either way I have the full dash loom including fuse box so I can swap that over the weekend, an fit the EPS column and fast rack

Work at 1pm tomorrow afternoon so I will be working double speed tomorrow morning to finish the current wiring, joys
Johnjourno

28th Sep 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Current dash loom lacks everything, but full car loom is in, dash out tomorrow and EPS column, fast rack and dash loom in hopefully tomorrow, can't wait
Johnjourno

28th Sep 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out with the old

Found this on my travels

Not looking very nice at all, but can't figure out if damage has caused this (close up of above)

The only wires that originally went across here were the 2 speaker wires, the 2 cables for the door pin switch, and thats it, and look at it now

Johnjourno

28th Sep 12 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To add, there are a fair few more earths to attatch now, and I am up £4.60 from taking the interior out, woo hoo!!

[Edited on 28-09-2012 by Johnjourno]
Johnjourno

29th Sep 12 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No progress today, been far too busy sorting everything else out, but the dash is coming out tomorrow and I am cracking on and getting it all done
Johnjourno

30th Sep 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of progress today, even with the terrible weather

Just a pic from last night

Anyway, back to my update

Dashboard out, and starting to remove the column and clutch pedal

As you can see here, the steering column bracket is different, and the clutch pedal does need to be exchanged to fit the bracket

Out with the old loom

Here you can see the difference in heater pipe. With the different column bracket the old pipe no longer fits

New column in

I had supervision whilst changing the steering rack

Coming together

Anyone know what this connector is for? I can't find its home. It is near enough behind the radio. I think I got all the heater control plugs in

And finally

Took it for a quick spin, works a treat, no warning light, no jerking or anything pointing towards any faults

The dashboard is in, but I still need to fit, head unit, glove box, ashtray, steering column cowls

Another issue I have now been faced with is, the donor car had a steering wheel airbag, and the connector is different to the wheel for the rotary coupling, so I currently have no horn, balls
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

30th Sep 12 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good thread!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B X10 Project 23 database queries in 0.0217891 seconds