corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Galaxy S3 people

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Galaxy S3 people
Eddx14xe

User status: Offline
15th Sep 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a S3 and my battery lasts around a day with average use. If I turn the internet connections off, it will last 2/3 days. I don't find the size an issue at all, fits in my pocket fine and it's great for web browsing, emails, games and films because of the screen size.

I've also got super Nintendo and Sega emulators on it, so I can play sonic, Zelda, donkey kong, mortal kombat and street fighter.
Dom

15th Sep 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Bit lengthy but there is a good thread over on OcUK - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18367623

tl;dr

Good phone, brilliant screen, battery lasts around a day with average amount of hammering, WiFi zaps battery, decent camera, a lot of people being disappointed with the iPhone 5 and buying an S3 instead.
And, unless you're a fan of Touch Wiz, you're better of getting a vanilla ICS ROM on it.

Ash - No idea where you're looking, most of the issues in that thread are software with people complaining about Touch Wiz and bodging ROM flashes
Could be worse though, the S3 could have the iPhone's dodgy microphones, speakers and home/volume/power buttons

[Edited on 15-09-2012 by Dom]
A2H GO

15th Sep 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't have an S3 now purely on the principle that Samsung were without doubt the worst company I've ever had the misfortune of having to deal with when our fridge freezer broke down a few days out of its 2 year warranty. They left us without one for 5 weeks, horrendous customer service, messed us about no end and then charged us more than we originally paid for it for the pleasure. Said I'd never buy another Samsung product after that.(edit:yes I know some iPhone screens are made by Samsung).

[Edited on 15-09-2012 by A2H GO]
John

15th Sep 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Emailed a guy to try and pick one up tonight but didn't get back to me Might have one by tomorrow.

Re fridge, that's standard, I agree it's shocking, I've had to deal with them. Still got a samsung fridge though and you can't relate that to their phones.

Apple buy samsung memory ffs and they hate the phone division.
A2H GO

15th Sep 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting to see how you go on with it, but I guess you've had android before so kind of know what to expect.

I get the impression its a great OS but over time living with the small niggles on a daily basis would eventually wear you down.
Russ

15th Sep 12 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if apple made fridges you could check the contents from your phone

justsayin
John

15th Sep 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If apple made fridges they would try and patent the cold.
Dom

16th Sep 12 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I get the impression its a great OS but over time living with the small niggles on a daily basis would eventually wear you down.

Both OS's have there issues though.
I mentioned before, turning Wifi or Bluetooth on within iOS is a royal PITA having to piss around going through menus. With Android you either use the powerbar widget or (if using ICS/JB) pull the notification bar down and use the toggle switches there; far far quicker. Although i suspect Apple will nab that idea and implement into iOS notifications at some point.

John - I suspect you know this already but if you do end up getting one, then XDA and Modaco forums are a good source for S3 ROMs and tutorials.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
It's too big and the UI is SHITE.
[Edited on 15-09-2012 by pow]

How is it?

If you don't like something about it just change it, that's the good thing about android, your not stuck with the same shit. I don't like the keyboard, music player or browser so I just downladed different ones. Simple.
Toby
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the the S3 probably more so then than my oneX. I wasn't a fan of touchwhizz but Samsung seem to have kept it quite vanilla with little integration (well in comparison to HTC's Sense) size is not bad at all and the performance I'd very strong. I prefer both to my work phone which is a iPhone4. Get it, root it and get a custom Rom on it, endless tweeks/mods/patches for the s3 to improve user experiance. While ios is solid and reliable its also reliably boring

The only thing I don't like about the S3 in comparison to my oneX is the screen, while the colours are deaper, sharper and more vibrant they look less natural and I don't like that.

[Edited on 16-09-2012 by Toby]
pow
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all a game of opinions, I like the heavy HTC Sence intergration... but, I like the fact you can put a proxy server in the S3
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can put proxy in my desire s
pow
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't put one in mine
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure you using the built in internet app?

on mine i open the internet bring up the menu, goto more, then settings then scroll all the way down to proxy settings
A2H GO

16th Sep 12 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

I mentioned before, turning Wifi or Bluetooth on within iOS is a royal PITA having to piss around going through menus. With Android you either use the powerbar widget or (if using ICS/JB) pull the notification bar down and use the toggle switches there; far far quicker. Although i suspect Apple will nab that idea and implement into iOS notifications at some point.

That's what jailbreak is for. If you're going to be flashing roms and installing custom firmware on android, you're going to be the sort of person who's not going to have a problem with jailbreaking.
Dom

16th Sep 12 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

That's what jailbreak is for. If you're going to be flashing roms and installing custom firmware on android, you're going to be the sort of person who's not going to have a problem with jailbreaking.

But the powerbar/notification toggles are standard features on Android

But true, jailbreaking would allow you add those 'missing' features; although stability can be an issue (same with ROM flashing on other OS's).
John

16th Sep 12 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jailbreaking still isn't the same. what you can do in a ROM takes it to another level as well.
Nath

16th Sep 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Be interesting to see how you go on with it, but I guess you've had android before so kind of know what to expect.

What niggles? ICS has never crashed on my Nexus. iOS5 has on my iPad though. Weird.
Toby
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Its all a game of opinions, I like the heavy HTC Sence intergration... but, I like the fact you can put a proxy server in the S3

Oh don't get me wrong I love the Sense, but in Samsungs case touchwiz is shit so the less of it the better.
John

16th Sep 12 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still waiting on replies
Dom

16th Sep 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Oh don't get me wrong I love the Sense, but in Samsungs case touchwiz is shit so the less of it the better.

Best thing about Android, if you don't like TouchWiz/Sense then you can remove it without too much arseache
A2H GO

16th Sep 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

What niggles? ICS has never crashed on my Nexus. iOS5 has on my iPad though. Weird.

Other people probably wouldn't call them 'niggles'. For example when I was looking for a cheap tablet for my mum I looked at the first Nexus 7 review video on YT. If you skip to 2:50 which is when he turns it on, you'll see straight away, he hits the 'next' button, it clearly registers but does fuck all, then when the springboard comes up(if thats what its called on Android) the whole screen flicks over to the right like its broken while it sorts itself out. This is a brand new product and after less than 10 seconds of use, but is considered perfectly normal, I can't imagine what it would be like to live with on a daily basis. Using iOS for years has definitely made me anal about stuff like that because its not acceptable any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaAJaCk3ec4

[Edited on 16-09-2012 by A2H GO]
John

16th Sep 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When was the last time you used android for any length of time Ash? I've never had any more problems that I do with an iPhone, unless using some dodgy ROM.
A2H GO

16th Sep 12 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never. The only time I'd use one for any length of time is if I bought one, which iPhone/iOS gives me no reason to other than the fact it's getting a bit 'boring'.
Simon

16th Sep 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to upgrade to the S3 but was struggling to get any deals for free phone and less than £25 a month. Just seen a deal on groupon £19 for phone, £20.50 a month on orange panther which doesn't seem too bad. Its 100minutes and 500mb internet which I currently don't exceed anyway. Any better deals out there?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll