corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my vectra c/sri's fitted :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my vectra c/sri's fitted :)
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 13 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't need a jack to get to the lower Clips on mine, can reach under and pop them out.
morpheus22

4th Sep 13 at 05:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
You don't need a jack to get to the lower Clips on mine, can reach under and pop them out.

ah ok what did you use to pop them out or are they easy enough to just pop out by pulling on them, will give it ago this weekend
djgritt
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22
quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

ah ok what did you use to pop them out or are they easy enough to just pop out by pulling on them, will give it ago this weekend

Needle Nose Pliers and/or a Terminal Screwdriver - push the centre pin of the clip inwards (upwards) and it'll pop through, the clip then comes off with little argument - try not to lose the pins or the clips become useless!
morpheus22

8th Sep 13 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the help .

so had a few hours spare this morning so me and a couple of mates decided to change the headlights after abit if a faff with the clips under the bumper managed to get the sri's fitted

before

after

allot happier with how they look over standards
Ben G

8th Sep 13 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look a bit boy racer to me, probably because the chromes matched the silver paintwork well.

Gareth T

8th Sep 13 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice
morpheus22

9th Sep 13 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno about boy racerish as the only the same as an sri , just never liked the chrome lights only thing is now the chrome v stands out twice as much lol
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Sep 13 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think mine would suit the fully darkened lamps... Hmmm.
Yours being Silver too helps me see how it looks, quite like it!
morpheus22

9th Sep 13 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do look allot neater if that makes any sense lol, not sure how you would go about getting the lens off with them being plastic?, drill holes just bellow the seals and saw round?
Corsa_Sport21

9th Sep 13 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought they looked weird but couldn't think why.

But now ive noticed it the new lamps have had the chrome surrounds inside the headlight painted black to match the rest.

Did you split them or were they done by the seller??
morpheus22

9th Sep 13 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the seller split them, im sure he said that he couldn't separate them by heat and had to drill holes , I think that's what he told me anyway
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Sep 13 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't want to try with mine as they may potentially be an expensive cock-up if they go wrong due to being the Xenon units.

I've researched and seemingly they aren't the same as the Halogen units unfortunately, so I can't attempt it on a set of those and then transfer the lighting & levellers across.
morpheus22

10th Sep 13 at 05:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's a shitter mate .used them for the first time in the dark last night on the way to work and the headlight beam is really high on 0, I have to put them to 3 for the beam to sit average on the road, is there a manual way to change the hight of headlight beam

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my vectra c/sri's fitted :) 23 database queries in 0.0117571 seconds