corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » mortgage with no deposit.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mortgage with no deposit.
Gareth T

User status: Offline
16th Aug 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The internet doesnt have anything helpful with how to go about it. Has anyone been in this situation? Is it best to go to thw bank first.

thanks
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

16th Aug 12 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will struggle to get 100% mortgage even 95% are rare these days!

Mines an 80% took some saving up, buy payments would have been silly on anything more or a smaller / cheaper house.

Get saving 10% min.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
James

16th Aug 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100% is pretty much impossible.

Might get 95% through one of those government backed schemes but the best LTV you will get on a normal mortgage is 90%

[Edited on 16-08-2012 by James]
John

16th Aug 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You also have to consider if you've not been able to pt the mortgage amount away each month until now, will you be able to pay it. You won't get 100% though.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Aug 12 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very rare these days and the rate will be terrible.
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Aug 12 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Closest I've seen are new builds which lend you the deposit, then you pay them it back over 10 years.

As said though, rates suck!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
baza31

16th Aug 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Closest I've seen are new builds which lend you the deposit, then you pay them it back over 10 years.

As said though, rates suck!

This , but you will find you will pay it back on top, basically house is 150k they may want 20% to fund rather than a deposit , they will charge 30k on top which you pay over the term . They usually go through finance brokers and if you go this way I'll guarantee you will pay alot more over term . But if you have no other options open then the decisions yours
SXI - Matt

17th Aug 12 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some estate agents will put you in the right direction but they require some one else's name to be on the mortgage in case you fail to make payments ect. Means finding some one in a good position financially & happy to take it over case you cant pay it ect
Colin

17th Aug 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is partly the reason the economy is in the shit in the 1st place!!
Gareth T

17th Aug 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks to everyone who has commented I do appreciate the help/advice as always. I intend to start saving after christmas as I'm away over the festive period. The people who did save were you saving a min of 10-15K?
John

17th Aug 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need at least 10% (unless you get a rare 95% deal) of what you're looking at + a couple of K for fees. then you'll have to furnish the house after that obviously. Completely dependant on what you are buying.
James

17th Aug 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth T
Thanks to everyone who has commented I do appreciate the help/advice as always. I intend to start saving after christmas as I'm away over the festive period. The people who did save were you saving a min of 10-15K?

I saved £25k, then about £2k for fees.

It all depends on how much the houses you're looking at cost.
craig8
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barrat do a scheme where you put up 5% and they put up the other 15% which you pay back after 10 years, but you pay back 15% of the value and not just what they lent you

E36 328
Colin

17th Aug 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
Barrat do a scheme where you put up 5% and they put up the other 15% which you pay back after 10 years, but you pay back 15% of the value and not just what they lent you

Good thing if your house goes up in value to cover it or you set up sone kind of saving plan to cover the payment.

Unfortunately in current times both of these often look unlikely.

These schemes have been around 4-5yrs now and in that time house prices have been stagnant at best and in many cases plummeted.

With talk of double and triple dip recessions I'd be very wary using one of these schemes unless I was confident I could easy save the 10% and that the house isn't overpriced to compensate the builder initiative.

Cash is king.....always.
AndyKent

17th Aug 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the value of the house was to drop thats potentially a good thing - you've not lost as much as you would have done had you bought the whole thing.

Despite this don't touch these builder offers with a bargepole. Said it before and said it again, if the house was affordable it would be genuinely cheaper. Instead they're shafting you - artificially holding up prices.

Save some money and do some research when you have money behind you. Quite how anyone expects to run a house when they haven't saved any money up is beyond me.
baza31

17th Aug 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was on radio today about new build and a government scheme that building firms have to have a percentage of affordable housing with 95% apparently . It's about time they told banks to start lending high percentages rather than giving millions in bonuses to their fucking staff
cunningham

17th Aug 12 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 years ago I got a 100% mortgage no probs and have no problems paying it back
craig8
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When working it out a probably over estimated that in 10 years the value of the house would have went from 160k to 180k, taking off the 5% deposit that leaves their 15% being just under 26k for the 10 years which would mean I would put away about £220 a month on top of the mortgage to cover it which is perfectly affordable for me

If the house is worth less in 10 years I'll have a bit extra cash in the bank although I will be keeping an eye on the values I case it ends up more

E36 328
John

17th Aug 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
5 years ago I got a 100% mortgage no probs and have no problems paying it back

Fife so it's probably cheap to begin with, unless it's worth much more than you paid, you'll find it's difficult when you come to move because you'll only own a few % at most and won't get another mortgage.
Gareth T

26th Aug 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After reading abit more into it and checking the free mortgage calculators it looks like money will have to be saved if wanting to buy. Due to events happening this year the saving will have to start 2013.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 12 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aside from a terrible rate on the savings, there's no downside to having a bit of money behind you when you do it.

Also in terms of financial benefits, the advantage of being on a better rate because you have a lower LTV are quite stark, even a few percent can equate the thousands over the life of a mortgage.

[Edited on 26-08-2012 by Ian]
AndyKent

26th Aug 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth T
After reading abit more into it and checking the free mortgage calculators it looks like money will have to be saved if wanting to buy. Due to events happening this year the saving will have to start 2013.

I don't get this.

If you had a mortgage you have no choice about paying it. How come you can now afford to put it off by 3 months?
M2RTY

27th Aug 12 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our new build was sold to us with 5% deposit paid to the lender towards the deposit, but they just valued it af 5% less so in theory it was irrelavant
Rob_Quads

27th Aug 12 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mortgages are much harder to get now. A property has come up that we really like. Slight run-down but everything else is exactly what we would look for in our proper family house but alas no matter what we do we can't get a mortgage on it. Very frustrating as there is a good chunk of money to be made on it so once done up it would naturally gain a good chunk too and a friend at work spend 30k more on his house 2 years ago and is on a chunk less than us.
stuartmitchell

27th Aug 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Aside from a terrible rate on the savings, there's no downside to having a bit of money behind you when you do it.

Also in terms of financial benefits, the advantage of being on a better rate because you have a lower LTV are quite stark, even a few percent can equate the thousands over the life of a mortgage.

[Edited on 26-08-2012 by Ian]

Well said. I couldnt believe the difference between going from a 25% LTV to a 30% LTV. It's also worth trying to pay it over the shortest time feasible even if it's a push.

Our first mortgage was a 25yr one fixed for 2 years. Just reduced that to 18yr fixed for 5 years and if we stayed put and didnt move til it was paid off we would save £54K in interest payments

Plus, see the payments as savings and it's much easier to swallow! (the interest is the dead money so minimise that wherever possibe)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll