corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Abuse / arguments / childish crap - read this if you do it or want to know what I'm doing about it

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Abuse / arguments / childish crap - read this if you do it or want to know what I'm doing about it
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
14th Aug 12 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be curious to see examples of what you're talking about Gaz, if you mean either Steve or Jay's project threads then they should be taken on face value should they not?

What makes it not a forum? Because there are people want to be bigger than it? I see what you mean but I also think a lot of that is in people's heads. Both those cars are not going to be small threads however you look at it.
3i_gaz

14th Aug 12 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt like to sit there and go through loads of threads quoting mate as I think there's more to life.

I just think there's a certain click and if your opinion isn't the same as theirs, or someone asks for an opinion and they can't post saying how their car is the biggest and best thing compared to the thread starters then they don't comment at all.

Just find the one track minded comments off certain members ruin the site some days and make it seem really clicky instead of being a bit more "social network" where everyone's here for the same thing instead of cock waving.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 12 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
I wouldnt like to sit there and go through loads of threads quoting mate as I think there's more to life.

Quite, but also if you're going to have an opinion you may as well be able to back it up, particularly as you've cited two particular people.

I do agree its a big job, that's mostly the reason for this thread existing, but I'd also like to see if that feeling you have is borne out of anything particularly bad.

Or whether once you establish that point of view, that taints how you read everything forward of that point.

I'm being vague as well, and I do also think that some people are wankers who talk mostly shit, but I'll also respond to them in a positive way if they actually made a useful post once in a while.

Just depends if you read each post on its own merits or whether you come in with some assumption of how the post will be written/aimed.

I suppose I'm half agreeing, those people don't necessarily change anyway, but as a reader, you shouldn't assume the meaning. That's poor reading. And probably poor writing, but that is a different responsibility.
3i_gaz

14th Aug 12 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do agree mate with what you've said in here.

I could sit and quote but it would just cause another argument, toys to be thrown out of the pram, tears shed etc etc...

Some people just don't seem to realise there's more to social skills than racing home to update a build thread so everyone can tell them how amazing they are.

Bit of equal op's wouldn't go a miss, fat, thin, ginger or just mad mike.... No one needs to be the high and mighty on here as it gets boring from a readers point of view.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 12 at 00:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who is racing home?

Social skills is the word, but show me the people you're talking about.

Not sure anyone does a big project just to be told they're amazing? Do they?
sc0ott

14th Aug 12 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think what 3i_gaz is trying to say is he has built up hatred towards those with an active project thread. He feels he is being left out because of this therefore the attention he wants is coming from his piss take comments within the peoples project threads, and now he is trying to back that up by saying people need to lighten up, take it on the chin, as if everyone else is in the wrong.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealous
Russ

14th Aug 12 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
some people on here need to lighten up and get out of their own arses, take it on the chin and man up.
which one do they need to do, make your mind up
thegsi

14th Aug 12 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3i_gaz. I think you're misunderstanding me mate. The thing is, Ian knows me, Willay knows me and they have done for years. They will both tell you that I am not the kind of person who sulks if I don't get my own way on a forum. I am 26 years old, I have been working on site practically all my working life, I can take banter and most certainly DO NOT take life too seriously.

This forum is very social based. The general chat and off day areas are very active full of chit chat, silly videos and general discussion. I see the project area as a somewhat more practical part of the forum and I've never been a fan of people posting shitty, pointless spam in there. Regarding mine, you commented early on saying "Proper pics have made me love this!" but then as soon as you saw the 'tit for tat' with bigron, you jumped on the bullshit bandwagon and began on your own crusade.

It pisses me off when new, young members start up with a picture of their car and idiots post up saying: "Needs to go lower, needs to have better wheels, get rid of those stickers....blah blah blah" and projects are no exception. If you don't like it, just fuck off and go about your business rather than go out of your way to piss on someones chips. My project on here is just copied an pasted from the MLR because I know a few lads on here and will always have a soft spot for the forum.

I will always have a 'brand' on here for being arrogant and big headed because of that 'Evo thread' earlier in ther year. Whatever, I can deal with that. It's all water off a ducks back and I will continue to use the forum by updating my thread for my own pleasure and for the few lads who like to read it.

I have no problem with you. I don't even know you so lets just stop this silly internet spat we have yeh? You keep saying "Lifes too short, people need to lighten up....blah blah" well lead by example and let it go mate. If you want to join John, 3corsameal and a few others crue which involves following my posts around and quoting them with a hilarious comments about my Dad's money, my arrogance or my Evo Ego, you do that. But please, leave the constructive comments for my project.
Sean-B

14th Aug 12 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thegsi: reading though your shit online is worse than listening to you in real life.

I still can't believe people don't like my bumper

[Edited on 14-08-2012 by Sean-B]
James

14th Aug 12 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think one of the biggest problems on here is that a lot of the regulars give other members stereotypes, then every time they post something, someone makes a sly dig related to that stereotype.

A lot of the time it's funny, but some of the time it just gets boring.
James

14th Aug 12 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I think one of the biggest problems on here is that a lot of the regulars give other members stereotypes, then every time they post something, someone makes a sly dig related to that stereotype.

I think stereotypes is the wrong word actually, one example is baza and his loft searching ways, that one is quite funny though.

[Edited on 14-08-2012 by James]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James

Kettle black.
James

14th Aug 12 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not denying I've done it, but I think there's a line where it becomes offensive, I think people need to work out where that line is.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just plain boring
James

14th Aug 12 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh but boring isn't going to result in complaints to Ian, but offensive is.
adiohead

14th Aug 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite internet, but sometimes even the most internet of internets can get pushed too far.

The subtle internet digs can become quite aggressive over time, to the point when the internet is too much and it takes over your normal life.

Keeping the internet to the internet is a skill in itself and something that is learnt over time, but even the most internet of us can fail at this sometimes.
3i_gaz

14th Aug 12 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
I think what 3i_gaz is trying to say is he has built up hatred towards those with an active project thread. He feels he is being left out because of this therefore the attention he wants is coming from his piss take comments within the peoples project threads, and now he is trying to back that up by saying people need to lighten up, take it on the chin, as if everyone else is in the wrong.

I'm not that sad to thrive on a fan base on the Internet mate. People who have met me face to face know my sense of humour and know what I have a genuine interest in cars, projects, maintenance etc... Hence my job.

But yet I'm so so jealous of everyone.

And "the gsi" me and Ben are actually very good mates, so it was banter. The Attitude of willay towards Ben was a nice PM and then a load of abusive shit towards me. Arse kissing Ben for whatever reason then a shit attitude towards me. Is that because I don't have an active build thread for possibly one of the nicest cars on the site?
3CorsaMeal

14th Aug 12 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one goes on about my dads money

Or my money for that matter
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

And "the gsi" me and Ben are actually very good mates, so it was banter. The Attitude of willay towards Ben was a nice PM and then a load of abusive shit towards me. Arse kissing Ben for whatever reason then a shit attitude towards me. Is that because I don't have an active build thread for possibly one of the nicest cars on the site?

Corr you've got it really bad mate, I did indeed send a message to Ben, explaining my thoughts on the matter (Jay got a nice one too) . I can't think of a reason why I would waste keystrokes on typing a PM to you when all you did was come in to Jay's thread and stoke the fire so to speak. You are still a idiot btw.

[Edited on 14-08-2012 by willay]
3i_gaz

14th Aug 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One rule for one and one for another.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 14-08-2012 by willay]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes gaz, sounds like you finally got something correct for a change.
3i_gaz

14th Aug 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One rule for the click one for everyone else should I say.
AK

14th Aug 12 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

click

clique?

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Abuse / arguments / childish crap - read this if you do it or want to know what I'm doing about it 22 database queries in 0.0187159 seconds