corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Abuse / arguments / childish crap - read this if you do it or want to know what I'm doing about it

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Abuse / arguments / childish crap - read this if you do it or want to know what I'm doing about it
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
6th Aug 12 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be that time of the month or something but all I've done for the last four days on this web site is get involved in bickering and childish crap.

I'm not naming names because its so widespread it applies to loads of people, I've also spent a lot of time already and I've really no desire to spend any more.

Can I politely ask that people grow up a bit. I can't really be any clearer than that. I'm getting pissed off so I'm sure other people are with the constant immature little cunty comments all over the place, to the point that I need to post this. Feel like I'm back in the classroom dealing with little kids who need to sit on the naughty step.

If its a Help thread, help. If its a project, look at the photos and read the text and give words of encouragement or constructive advice. If its a general car topic, don't ruin it by talking shit. If its an Off Day topic, have a bit more of a free run but don't take the piss if you think it might result in a complaint.

Sure I've said this before but clean slate time please, get rid of your little twatty grudges for things which don't really affect you anyway. Read the message and respond to the message, don't just look who it is posting and decide that you're going to ruin the thread because of who it is.

I'm not holding anyone's hand and bringing them round to avoid a ban, and I won't be reading any emails relating to coming back. I've been out of a salaried job 12 months and I've got less time for childish crap now than I had before, and I'm not even interested in delegating the job and taking people's time away from important jobs.

If you're wondering whether it applies to you, it probably does. If in doubt, carry on and you'll be clear when you see the ban message.

[Edited on 06-08-2012 by Ian]
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
6th Aug 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was this meant to be a u2u to john-d?
3CorsaMeal

6th Aug 12 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't apply to me imo, i'm pretty sound nowadays.

Have found out that most people here are complete morons anyway.
Colin

6th Aug 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This forums not a bit as bad as some for childish bickering and trolling. Pistonheads for example

But nice to see there's action being taken.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Aug 12 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To the top.

I'll decide who it applies to.
corsarooney
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well sed

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
Russ

6th Aug 12 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its easy to get swept away on cs, especially in off day, but i have cleaned up my act and am far less internet than previously, people should take a leaf out of my book
laingyla

6th Aug 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here here !!
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Aug 12 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off Day normally is better, its stuff like project threads being filled with crap and people getting involved in things instead of just making a complaint and leaving it there, and in at least one occasion people not doing what the staff ask them. Just a whole volume of stuff which makes talking on the internet far harder than it needs to be.

[Edited on 06-08-2012 by Ian]
Generation

6th Aug 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally.

Started using this site alot less and didn't bother renewing premium because of thier constant crap
taylorboosh

6th Aug 12 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
was this meant to be a u2u to john-d?

pretty sure i havent posted crap for ages now tbh, i dont insult people, i only post constructive comments in most threads, however, if i think something is crap then i say so...

if you have examples of any of the stuff ian is mentioning then please post it...

the only thing you could possibley pull me up for is arguing with barnes about steves car and posting ///M things tbh
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean, pointless insults are just rude.

If you wouldn't say it to someones face, then don't hide behind a screen.
Nath

6th Aug 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Doesn't apply to me imo, i'm pretty sound nowadays.

Have found out that most people here are complete morons anyway.

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk

If you wouldn't say it to someones face, then don't hide behind a screen.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
taylorboosh

6th Aug 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think its so much behind a screen tbh

i think its more along the lines of stopped ruining threads...for example steves
Gary
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because of OJCs personal attack on me imo.

Ojc

6th Aug 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CorsaMeal

6th Aug 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting advice from my solicitor, just in case.
alan-g-w

6th Aug 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Finally.

Started using this site alot less and didn't bother renewing premium because of thier constant crap

This x 10

Just a shame that you weren't unemployed earlier Ian else DannyB might still be a good contributing member.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Gary
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking lol @ john starting an argument in a thread about not arguing
pow
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even this thread has gone to pot. John isn't the worst offender, he's just very strong opinioned
taylorboosh

6th Aug 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X
Gary
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fat boi
Steve
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For example my thread, most of it isn't offensive its just saying stuff to get a reaction, people don't care if I don't do track days, nor do they care that I haven't bought an r26 nor do they care my car hasn't got semi slicks its all just said to get a reaction, at least I hope it is because youd have to be a fucking simpleton if it isn't.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Abuse / arguments / childish crap - read this if you do it or want to know what I'm doing about it 23 database queries in 0.0132399 seconds