corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Abuse / arguments / childish crap - read this if you do it or want to know what I'm doing about it

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Abuse / arguments / childish crap - read this if you do it or want to know what I'm doing about it
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
21st Aug 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coming from someone who threatens to stab, shank and murder other members?
SetH

21st Aug 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re the comments about being a hypocrite I admitted earlier that I am not angel when it come to spam banter.

My behaviour in GC is 100 times better then it was back in the day. I have never claimed to be the ideal stand up CS citizen.

Mind you Ben G being a newbie noob (2007) Will not remember when I was a moderator nor how I was 10 times wronger in the early 2000's

However, I do not fucking troll people or deliberately try to wind them up or derail their threads <<< This is what I have an issue with and is why CS is not what it was.

Few people on here whose days are numbered TBH

[Edited on 21-08-2012 by SetH]
Ben G

21st Aug 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the zonda and gt86 threads are valid. they're in 'general chat'. it's general to the topic (cars).

all car forums i use always have chat about other cars. it's normal.

also, forums are meant for discussion. without it, it'd be page after page of ''use the search'' posts.
SetH

21st Aug 12 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not on about a conflict of opinions.

I have clearly stated the issue I have with certain behaviour and cba to repeat it a 3rd time just because it is not sinking in.

The Moderation is very liberal on CS now compared to what it used to be. That is not a complaint or a dig agaisnt CS but there are people swanning around here that would have been long gone under the old regime. Taking everything into account over the 11 years I have been on here the current style of Moderating is probably the lesser of two evils and the best approach.

I Accept different opinions and taste its what makes the world go around
Ben G

21st Aug 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you get so annoyed with it though? after all, it's only the internet and i suspect you've waded in on the bandwagon when people have ripped me apart before.

you seem to write about 'angry ben' in many of your threads, which i'm guessing is a direct dig at me, but you don't see me crying to the top man.

i just laugh at it and take it as banter.
Ben G

21st Aug 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as a matter of fact, you mentioned 'angry ben' in your dream thread, which is why i tried to wind you up calling BS on your dream story.

but i see you've edited it out now. quite childish.
SetH

21st Aug 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ROFL NO, Ben WTF are you on about?

I did not edit 'angry ben' out of any threads.

I expect you read it in another thread today and confused yourself.

If you go through a lot of my threads are edited due to posting on my iphone a lot or trying mega fast in between emails at work, thus I make a lot of typos.

I accept your comment about wading on the bandwagon about 'angry ben' and using it in posts.

Pretty much like I am constanly called a Roidz monster, NIGGA, or any derivatives off involving brown skinned people with muscles, bald heads and donkey dicks but like you I laugh and take it as banter*

*sometimes the roidz thing goes a bit far as I've not be in that game for a long time now and following a more fitness/core strength regime of training so that one is a bit tired tbh.
SetH

21st Aug 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prime example, look above I have put 'trying' rather then 'typing' I do this nearly every post. Maybe I need to slow down a bit.
smcGSI16V

21st Aug 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Maybe I need to slow down a bit.

Wouldn't have that problem if you were driving a toybaru.

[Edited on 21-08-2012 by smcGSI16V]
SetH

21st Aug 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just revisted the dream thread. I only ever edited the original post and there was never any reference to any CS members in there thus Ben G you are mistaken.

If there was an 'angry ben' comment made today then it will still be there in another thread and as above I accept the BW comment.

I will refrain from this comment in future.
Ben G

21st Aug 12 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who has referred to you as 'NIGGA'? that would deserve being brought up in here as it isn't on, but 'angry ben' or 'ROIDZ monster' shouldn't, as it's just meaningless banter.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Aug 12 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Another main point is that seen as this forum is very close with people's lives and people stick around way after selling their corsas it's like a massive group of friends, and im sure you're all just like me and in the real world love to have similar banter within your group of friends.

That's a load of shit though isn't it, because the purpose of the site is not to host banter between friends.

From a club perspective, that is not desirable.

From a business perspective, that is not desirable.

From a growth perspective, that is not desirable.

I think friendliness and familiarity is good and I'm all for being welcoming and intimate in whichever ways possible, but I strongly dislike hearing that being put first ahead of other things.

Fact is it has been for many years, which is why the site is smaller now than it was. And don't say that's because Corsas are less popular, because there are more on the road now than there ever were. It's because these same friends who love the banter can very easily derail the core focus of the site and cause it to just be about them.

I do want to strike a balance, I don't want a boring, stiff site with draconian moderation, but I also don't want a site whose future will dwindle to nothing because the mateys made it their own.

The very fact that other sites started up and are now successful is testament to that loss of focus. Sure CS is nice and fun for the friends, but don't tell me that's how to run a good site. Look at BTTOS, that was once quite busy, had the potential to be a key player in the scene, but it put banter and being a wanker because its just the internet before actually running a web site. And now its a complete ghost town.

Facts are people don't stick around - perhaps some people whose names your recognise but if people stuck around, the stats would bear that out. They don't. Your banter bumder mateys might do, but the rest of the time, you're wrong.

[Edited on 21-08-2012 by Ian]
Gary
Premium Member

21st Aug 12 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair points. If CS was that good then CC wouldn't be around/as strong as it is.
Joe

21st Aug 12 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seth likes to talk shit everywhere. When someone tried to derail his BMW thread he made a comment asking to keep it on topic. Ben g is correct.
JonnyJ

21st Aug 12 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe and his lovely face laying the SMACKDOWN
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Aug 12 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CC opened because I missed specifically accommodating the C and people wanted somewhere for that.

I was talking more about AC, who actually have some degree of focus and don't allow people to talk shit.

It does piss me off massively than in both of those cases, both of those sites do very little for the users in terms of actually staff involvement. And I'd spend the whole summer making sure everyone is having a nice day and the whole winter making sure no one is ripped off, and I still have a site which is getting smaller.

I'm not even talking about going back to being a site about Corsas, I think those days are long gone. I just wonder whether these people who don't see the problem are actually worried about 5 or 10 year's time, because the place you know and love because your mates are all here still needs to be viable if you want that to continue.

Gary
Premium Member

21st Aug 12 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just come down hard on any talking shit in anywhere but in offday?
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Aug 12 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the plan.

I'm not even arsed about a few disagreements here and there, that's fine, if Marc and Ben want to debate who is in line for User of the Month for August they're going to do that fairly constructively.

Its the pointless shit that ruins threads and complaints which ensue which was getting too much. That and the personality clashes which go on for years. People need to get over it and exercise a bit more tact in equal measure.
Gary
Premium Member

21st Aug 12 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the same on all the other forums I'm on, just don't need hitler mods throwing their e-weight about
kennySRi

21st Aug 12 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Another main point is that seen as this forum is very close with people's lives and people stick around way after selling their corsas it's like a massive group of friends, and im sure you're all just like me and in the real world love to have similar banter within your group of friends.

That's a load of shit though isn't it, because the purpose of the site is not to host banter between friends.

From a club perspective, that is not desirable.

From a business perspective, that is not desirable.

From a growth perspective, that is not desirable.

I think friendliness and familiarity is good and I'm all for being welcoming and intimate in whichever ways possible, but I strongly dislike hearing that being put first ahead of other things.

Fact is it has been for many years, which is why the site is smaller now than it was. And don't say that's because Corsas are less popular, because there are more on the road now than there ever were. It's because these same friends who love the banter can very easily derail the core focus of the site and cause it to just be about them.

I do want to strike a balance, I don't want a boring, stiff site with draconian moderation, but I also don't want a site whose future will dwindle to nothing because the mateys made it their own.

The very fact that other sites started up and are now successful is testament to that loss of focus. Sure CS is nice and fun for the friends, but don't tell me that's how to run a good site. Look at BTTOS, that was once quite busy, had the potential to be a key player in the scene, but it put banter and being a wanker because its just the internet before actually running a web site. And now its a complete ghost town.

Facts are people don't stick around - perhaps some people whose names your recognise but if people stuck around, the stats would bear that out. They don't. Your banter bumder mateys might do, but the rest of the time, you're wrong.

I didnt say that the main purpose was that Ian. I was just giving my thoughts on why some people should take a chill with certain banter because at the end of the day most of us on here are good friends (or as good of friends as the internet goes). I'm not saying this is the main thing on CS and definetly not telling you how to run your buisness. As i've said plenty of times in similar topics, you do an amazing job on here and with your new forums, there isnt another forum that even comes close to this and how it is run. All i want is for everyone just to get on more at times so this subject doesnt keep popping up
sc0ott

22nd Aug 12 at 05:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
as a matter of fact, you mentioned 'angry ben' in your dream thread, which is why i tried to wind you up calling BS on your dream story.

but i see you've edited it out now. quite childish.

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Ok, so I have had some pretty fucked up dreams recently.

We ended up in some kind of corrugated iron hanger and one of the guys was pissing around squirting of a few rounds of his MP5. He was facing my direction and very nearly shot me. I told him to stop being an idiot and he went all angry ben and started firing his gun at me and swearing. When he ran out of bullets he threw his gun at me.

[Edited on 21-08-2012 by SetH]
adiohead

22nd Aug 12 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
.....the personality clashes which go on for years. People need to get over it and exercise a bit more tact in equal measure.

This is the only thing that has bothered me. Why some people just hate someone for little or no reason, it's crazy.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of people hate me because they are jealous of race car
adiohead

22nd Aug 12 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Lots of people hate me because they are jealous of race car

I have to admit, I'm jealous of your car. The zetec-se engine and IB5 gearbox are my favourite ever built
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u hate me?

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Abuse / arguments / childish crap - read this if you do it or want to know what I'm doing about it 22 database queries in 0.1076050 seconds