corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » [Apple] Airport Express vs Airport Extreme

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [Apple] Airport Express vs Airport Extreme
Doug

User status: Offline
6th Jul 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have noticed that Apple have updated their Airport Express to offer most of the features that were present in the Extreme but at a lower price point.

Now my main question. Will the range of the WiFi differ from the Express to the Extreme?
I have the latest BT Home Hub but this is not fan boy enough, nor does it have an app for my iPhone that will let me configure it. Will it exceed/meet/be worse than the range of the BT Home Hub 3? Does the Extreme exceed/meet/be worse than the HH3's range?

Cheers
Sam
Premium Member

6th Jul 12 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it ain't broke don't fix it TBH.

How often do you *need* to access your router's config settings?

I only ever check mine when something i.e. the Internet isn't working say after a power cut for example.
Doug

6th Jul 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the idea of being able to have a guest network and a private network etc.

Plus its another bit of Apple kit
Balling
Premium Member

6th Jul 12 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
If it ain't broke don't fix it TBH.

This.

Apple's routers are notoriously unstable. I have a Timecapsule that I've luckily never had any issues with and an Airport Express used to extend the network and for Airplay and I can't say that I'm impressed or even satisfied with it.

Wrighty

6th Jul 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish theyd do an airport that does routing instead of having to plug airport into your router...just seems stupid to have another device to share the network rather then an all in one
Balling
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 07:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
wish theyd do an airport that does routing instead of having to plug airport into your router...just seems stupid to have another device to share the network rather then an all in one

What?

I have a Timecapsule as the first, and only, device after my modem.

Rob_Quads

7th Jul 12 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. Both the Airport Extreme and TimeCapsule are routers, so just need to be plugged into the modem.

You'll never get a all in one device (i.e. including modem) from Apple due to the different technologies out there - ADSL, Fibre, Cable etc. and thats just the UK let alone the US etc
Toby
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he wants them to have a built in modem.
Wrighty

7th Jul 12 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly, its an additional device
Rob_Quads

7th Jul 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said way too many kinds out there for them to do it.

They would probably need to stock 5/10/20/30? different models of each type for all around the world

New Poll